🍼Marcus Armstrong - Special

It seemed like a normal day...it really did until things decided to just... happen I guess. You were sitting on the sofa, desperately trying to have a nap, but not being able to find a comfy position due to the massive bump that was your baby bump. "Pregnancy is overrated Marcus! People go on about how the women glow and how they get so happy and excited, I'm lowkey terrified of this and I can't sleep either! Like what other torture do I have to endure?" Well...you spoke too soon darling.

"What just broke?" Marcus asked walking in. "My water. My water just fucking broke." You stuttered. Marcus quickly made his way over to help you sit down. "What do you mena your water broke? Water can't break, can it? It's a liquid-" A scream Tore through you. "Please stop being stupid and just help me!" You screeched. "Right, sit down. I'll go get some stuff and I'll be right back, don't worry." Marcus scurried around the house grabbing some items and your duffle bag to prepare for the hospital. "So....I guess we should go to the hospital now?"

Hours had passed since then and through hours of hard work and pushing, a beautiful baby girl was delivered. You were in tears, bare in mind you didn't know if it was from the pain or from the happiness. She was so perfect as she lay on your chest, moving ever so slightly as Marcus held out his finger for her to grab onto. "Awe babe, look at her. Look at her nose!" Marcus almost squealed. You chuckled before a doctor came up to take the little girl away for some examinations. "Sorry to break up this lovely moment folks, but Mr Armstrong, would you like to cut the umbilical chord?"

"I'm not doing that." You furrowed your eyebrows at him. "What? Why?" you asked. Marcus looked back at you. You'd never seen him look that way before. "What if I hurt her?" Marcus whispered. "You won't, most dads do it." You said reassuringly. "Most dads don't fall up the stairs." Marcus replied. "That's why you'll be so special. Just go cut the umbilical chord. You'll do fine." Marcus followed tbe nurses to the other side of the room to cut the chord. You heard some distinct muttering amongst them.

"Is she meant to be crying when I do this?" You chuckled upon hearing Marcus' distressed state. It was quite cute to hear him fuss over such a little thing like this. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry baby." Marcus muttered as he snipped the chord. "Did I do it right?" he asked. "Don't worry, you did good." The doctor began to clean her up and wrap her in her blankets as Marcus continued on watching. She looked so cozy, like a little burrito. "And here you go." He finally had her in his arms. "I'm holding her the proper way, right?" He didn't know it, but the little attention to detail and extra care he had for the little creature was probably the cutest thing you'd seen in a long time. "Let's go over and talk to Mama, yeah?" he chuckled before making his way over to you.

Marcus sat down on the bed right next to you, proudly showing off his little daughter as she snored softly in her sleep. "She's got that open mouth thingy when you sleep." He rambled on and on about all the little things that he completely adored about this little mystical thing. "Oh and her hair, it's so soft!" He looked back to you, seeing you smiling like a complete idiot. "What? Am I being annoying?" he asked. You shook your head and rested you head on his shoulder. "No, but I told you."

"What?"
"I told you you'd be special."