✨Paul Aron - Hospital Buddies

Paul lay in his hospital room with his leg casted and raised. His family had decided to go on a vacation to cool off from the stress of the season and it was working up until Paul slipped beside the pool, hitting his head pretty hard and spraining his ankle.  Ever since then, he'd been lying in the hospital bed waiting for the doctors to give him the clear to go. He wanted to go and relax on his holiday but because he hit his head, the doctors couldn't let that happen. "I did say not to run around the pool." Ralf muttered as the doctor left. Paul let out a sigh. "You don't need to keep reminding me. I know I fucked up." Paul replied. "Ah, ah, ah, language. You're in a hospital." Paul lay back and looked up to the ceiling. "Do you want something to eat?" Ralf asked. "No, I want to sleep to be completely honest."

"Well, you go to sleep. Mama is bringing us for dinner. I told her I'd bring you some later." Ralf said getting up. "Unless you want me to stay here but I know you like to be elft alone." Paul nodded. "Yeah, go enjoy dinner. I'll see you later I guess." Ralf smiled at his younger brother pitifully. "Don't do anything stupid until I get back." Ralf warned his younger brother. "I'm not pretending to be you, no need to be stupid." Ralf slapped his brother's arm lightly before leaving the hospital room. He lay on his bed staring blankly at the ceiling.

"Hey." Paul turned to where the voice was coming from. He saw a girl right in front of him in a bed. "Me?" he asked. "Yeah, do you like being talked to? If you don't, that's fine. I can just shut up." she said. "No, no. My brother is late so I need someone to keep me company." Paul smiled. "I'm Y/n."
"Paul. What are you in here for? You seem fine." Paul asked. "Oh, my asmtha has been going ballistic recently. They're keeping me in for a few days to keep an eye on it but then I can go home. What about you?" Paul pointed to his leg. "Sprained my ankle and I hit my head. I feel fine but the doctors want to keep me in just in case." Paul turned tok get his phone. That would pass some time. "Great." Paul mumbled. "What's wrong?" Y/n asked. "My phone just died."

"I've got Netflix. I could cast it to that TV over there." Y/n offered. "What are you watching?" Paul asked. "It varies really. What do you want to watch and I'll see if they have it." Y/n replied. "I don't mind. Whatever you'd like to watch really." Y/n scrolled through Netflix and landed on drive to survive. "Well I think you'll like this one. I've heard you're a driver." She chuckled. "I've watched drive to survive so many times already. I could probably recite it word for word." he replied. "What should we watch then?" Paul shrugged his shoulders again. "What are you hooked on?" Y/n didn't even need to think about it. "Oh my god, Peaky Blinders!" Paul nodded in agreement. "I've seen a little bit. I don't mind watching it."

The two sat and watched Peaky Blinders fkr a good three hours before it got a bit boring and repetitive. "How do we pass the time now?" Paul asked. "Well I've basically been counting cars since I got here." Paul pulled a face. "Like, put that window?" She nodded in response. "There's a highway up there. I count the amount of different coloured cars and pass my time like that." Paul looked out the window and saw a few cars drive along the highway. "Okay, I'll choose silver." Paul said. "I'll choose blue." Y/n said. And off they went again, practically wasting their time.

Ralf walked towards the room. It was a little bit darker than when he was there earlier but he brought Paul some things to keep him busy. Things like a magazine, puzzles, the usual stuff you would get in a hospital. He rounded the corner and heard laughs and chatter coming from the room his brother was in. He furrowed his eyebrows and stood outside looking in. His expression softened as he saw Paul talking to this girl, although it sounded more like arguing. "Y/n, that car was silver!" Paul whined. The girl across from him scoffed. "I think you'd want to call the doctor to check if you're colourblind. That car was white." Ralf watched for a few more seconds until he decided to go in before Paul got his other leg broken by the girl. "Making friends then?" he laughed. "We're not going to be friends much longer if she doesn't admit that the car was silver." Paul muttered.

"You're acting like a child." Y/n chuckled. "No ! You're...a... child...thing." Paul replied uncertainly. "Great comeback, Paul. Honestly." Ralf said sarcasticly. "Shut up." Paul mumbled. "Anyway, doctor said you can come back if you want but if you're concerned about your head, you can stay here for the night." Paul glanced over to Y/n. He didn't want to leave her alone, she seemed too nice for that and besides, maybe he could get her socials and plan a get together at some point. "Paul, you wanna go home?" Paul shook his head. "Oh? I thought you said staying here was a waste of time-"
"I was listening to what the side affects of concussions were so I think I'll stay here, just for tonight." Ralf smirked suggestively at his little brother. He knew exactly why he wanted to stay. "And do you want me to spend the night? Can't have you wetting the bed." Paul glared at his brother. "You're a dickhead, you know that?" Ralf chuckled and patted his arm. "Course I am. Anyway, it's getting late so I think you should go to sleep."

Ralf stood up and hugged his brother. "But seriously, don't wet the bed." Paul rolled his eyes. "Might go do it on purpose now." Paul chuckled before hid brother bid him farewell and left him alone with Y/n again. "Guess we're hospital buddies now." Paul said. Y/n grinned and nodded. "I guess we are, aren't we?" she paused "We should probably go to sleep." Paul shook his head. "No, no, no, not until we settle what colour that car really was." Y/n began laughing. "Paul, come on! It was white!" but Paul insisted. "I will go and ask for the security cameras if I have to Y/n, it was silver!"