🍼Daniel Ricciardo - What Momma Won't Know Won't Hurt Her

The intro music to the show began and the crowd applauded at the interviewer prepared to welcome the viewers back after the break. "Hello and welcome back to thee show. Before we went on commercial break, we were talking to the racing wonder Keila Ricciardo who is still with us about her diet and other things like that but now I think we're gonna get into your career so Keila, how did you start off racing. Was it karting or was it something else?"

"Well I don't remember exactly but from what dad told me, the hunger for speed has always been there...

"Mum and Dad sat watching my brother Jamie driving his kart around track. He'd been karting a good two years and was winning things left right and centre. It scared mum for sure but she didn't mind since he was always careful and knew when to stop pushing, unlike a certain driver that she found herself married to. While mum was entirely focused on myy brother racing, Dad was focused on his other child pretending to steer and making some noises to almost envision herself in a kart. Dad remembers smiling like a child on Chrristmas and brought it to Mum's attention." Keila smiles as she remembers the story fondly.

"What did your mom think? I mean she must have been like 'no, we already have two drivers we aren't having a third.' "

"Well pretty much yeah. Dad like, pulled her aside and pointteed aat me saying like "look at her go. She's almost nailed the track entirely." Dad said mum looked down and smiled softly at me. "I think we should get her a kart." Dad whispered to her and no joke, almost immediately, Mum declined his offer. "Dan, we aren't getting her a kart." Dad scoffed and was like, "And why not?" Mum went completely ballistic at this point and we were getting people just staring at us she was yelling like, "Dan! He's barely two! I don't want her crashing!" she said. Dad had to admit, it was a pretty convincing argument but he so desperately wanted his daughter to race, just look at her!"

"Yeah she's adorable and knows how to drive a car, what's not to love?" the interviewer joked. "Yeah well dad didn't want me to just let go of whatever dream she had for racing so he plotted in secret to get ms a kart, not a motor one, a pedal one for now until I got used to everything."

"And did you know you were getting a kart?" Keila shook her head. "No, absolutely not! I think if I had known, I would have been running into school telling everyone so I think he did well to not tell me but he remembers the day that my kart came like it was yesterday. So, Mum left for work like she usually did and Dad was left at home with us. Dad kept looking out tthee window and at the time, I didn't know what was going on, I just weren't with it. I remember that he jumped up excitedly when he saw a truck come and dropped off this huge box. He called me into the kitchen and opened the box to reveal this gorgeous black and green kart and I apparently nearly squealed the house down. That was all great but there're was a catch. Just as I got onto it and began pedalling, Dad dragged me back and whispered into my ear 'Don't tell your mother!' "

"What Momma won't know won't hurt her." The audience laughed at the story and clapped too. "Right! So we didn't tell her and we hid the kart in the shed because she never went there but then by the time I was four, I wanted a motor kart like Jamie and word might have slipped that I had a kart and mum like, flipped. She was yelling, dad was just sitting back too scared to say anything-"

"So you're telling me that Daniel Ricciardo, the man who used to drive formula one cars at 300kph was scared of your mum?" The interviewer asked through furrowed brows. Keila's eyes opened wide and looked almost afraid. "Mate, she's scary when she's angry, I wouldn't blame him. Yeah but mum eventually gave in gave me Jamie's old kart and I was quite happy with it until I started competing at a higher level."

"Yeah so you're in formula two yes?" he asked looking at one of his cards. "Yes, but I'm going to Formula One next year with Williams. Jamie is in the McLaren so hopefully we can get some good battles." Keila laughed. "We all want some sibling drama but would that not cause fights at the table?" he joked. "It's already did! When we were karting together wee kept fighting. For example I'd finish higher than Jamie and I'd tease him about it and then a brawl would start at the table. Mum would have us washing dishes afterwards as a punishment of sorts."

"Your mum seems scary but sshee must have whipped you two into shape." Keila chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, she definitely did. People say I have the fun, outgoing side of my dad but the discipline of my mum so its a good mix there." The interviewer saw his queue for the interview to end so he quickly changed it up a bit. "Well wee would love to listen to more stories about Momma Ricciardo but we have just about run out of time but it was lovely having you on the show. Ladies and Gentleman, Keila Ricciardo!"

Keila stood up and wavered before walking off the stage to get back home to her parents that she missed so dearly and that interview only made her miss them more. As she changed clothes, she couldn't help but smile at the memories she had just described, each one better than the last. She was one step closer to her dream of being a formula one driver and it was all thanks to her family; Jamie, Daniel and Y/n Ricciardo.

A/N: This is a strange format butt I kinda like it ngl