🏎️Mick Schumacher - Seal Of Approval

Sitting in the Alpine garage in Monza made you feel like an imposter, especially since you didn't even support any drivers from Alpine. You instead, supported a certain Ferrari driver, Charles was in a relationship so you were of course talking about Mick Schumacher. You covered the bottom half of your face as you watched thee last few laps with anticipation. Monza had basically been the same as 2020; carnage. Crashes, penalties and safety cars galore which left only eleven drivers at the end, onee of them being your boyfriend Mick. You hid a grin from everyone else in the garage, more specifically your grandfather Alain. Yes, Alain Prost. He watched the screen in anticipation of the chequered flag as onee of his drivers Esteban was in with a big chance of grabbing a P1, but not too far behind him was the red Ferrari of Mick. Alain had known you and Mick were secretly dating, you weren't exactly the best at keeping secrets but he waited patiently trying to see how long you'd keep it up, which was surprisingly long.

Last lap. Your legs jittered from how nervous you were but you tried to hide it as best as you could. As Esteban crossed the finish line after Mick, his tyres screaming for help so cheering for him could be disguised easily with the Alpine crew cheering too. You all ran out to meet Esteban at Parc Fermé, except you. You sat back on your phone, typing a paragraph of congratulations to Mick as you could celebrate with him since he insisted you both stayed private. Alain looked over your shoulder, grinning as he waited for you to realise he was there. You finished typing the message and sent it before putting your phone into your pocket and preparing to leave for the hotel only to find your grandfather beside you smiling at you. "What?" you asked confused. "I approve of Schumacher. I see a lot of his father in him." he said. "Well, he is his son so I wouldn't-" you paused realising what he said. "Wait, what did you say?" You were suddenly very nervous and just all over the place in general. "I approve of Schumacher. More specifically, you and him." Your eyes widened as you stared at him. "How long have you known?" you asked. "Honestly, since you started talking, it only got more obvious when you started seeing each other and on top of that I saw you texting him a minute ago." You were silent. "So do I get to meet the lucky man?" he chuckled walking you out to Parc Fermé.

The closer you got, the more nervous you got. This situation isn't a situation you never thought you'd be in but here you were. Alain brought you two up near the front, just in time to catch Mick before he went to the podium. "Mick!" Alain called. Mick turned around and smiled as he spotted you and Alain. He walked over and shook hands with your grandfather, so far so good. "That was quite the performance Mick. I'm sure your father is proud of you." Mick's smile only grew as he spoke to the French man. "Well, I better go talk to Esteban then." he said turning away from Mick. You on the other hand, couldn't take your eyes off him. Mick looked over to you and winked. You chuckled to yourself and pulled him closer. "My grandfather watched your race." You smiled. Mick pulled away as if you'd just told him a joke. "Well, he is a team principal. He was probably watching his driver too." Mick said fiddling with the straw from inside his helmet. "Yes, but he approves of his granddaughter's boyfriend." Mick nodded, not exactly paying too much attention but quickly did a double take as he realised what you said. "Wait, what? He knows? How did he find out about us?" he asked now losing it. "Relax, did you not hear that he approves?"

Mick calmed down and looked between you and Alain before relief overtook his body. "Well Bärchen, does this mean we don't need to sneak around anymore? That I can hold your hand walking around the paddock?" You smiled and nodded your head. "And that I can kiss you, right now, in front of everybody?" You didnt bother answering, you pulled him in and kissed him instead. Mick melted into the kiss, placing his hand on your back as you had climbed over the railing. The cameras all shot over to you two as this was the last thing every one expected but even with all the cameras on you two, you didn't care. You had each other, nothing else mattered, not now, not ever. This is exactly what he wanted, what you both wanted. A happily ever after, or the beginning to one anyway...