❤️Lance Stroll - Stay Away Part 2

After Monza, Lando barely let Y/n leave the McLaren garage when they were in Italy. In 2021, Lando knew Lance was way too busy with the new team and the new car so the chances of him going to visit Y/n were pretty slim. Lance and Y/n didn't keep in contact. They were both far too busy so they couldn't. Lance sat in the Aston Martin hospitality, catching up with one of his engineers about what would be happening in the race. He was walking to the garage but instead of the hospitality being right in behind of the garage, it had a criss-cross walk to it. "Why can't the hospitality just be in front of the garage? It would be so much easier-" Lance bumped into someone, making them drop some of their stuff. "Hey, are you alright?" he asked going down to help her. "Lance?"

"Y/n." Lance said breathlessly. Y/n ans Lance shared a look. They looked so different. Y/n's hair was shorter and  Lance was in a green racing suit rather than pink. "Oh wow. Long time no see." She chuckled. "Yeah, yeah it's been a while huh?" he joked. "Oh wow, a tragic haircut though." Lance pulled a face and patted the top of his head. "Really? I thought it suited me." Y/n giggled and looked down at the ground. "To each their own I guess. The green for sure suits you though." Lance rubbed the back of his neck. "Thanks. The short hair suits you too." There was a bit of a silence between the two before Y/n spoke up. "Well, I should probably get going. I have to go to the garage." Y/n began walking away when Lance stood in front of her and stopped her. "Erm, do you maybe wanna meet up after this? Maybe go to the beach or something?" Y/n's eyes lit up at his request. "Absolutely. Is seven okay for you?" she asked. "Perfect. I'll be finished by then." The pair bid their farewells before having to go their seperate ways, but not for long. They had a date to get to.

Lance stood in line waiting for his weight to be taken after the race. He had a pretty good result in P6, something he could be happy with at least. He looked forward at the desk before the driver in front of him turned around and did a double take. "I've been meaning to talk to you!" the McLaren driver said. Lance groaned. Lando. He took his helmet off and smiled at him, a fake, menacing smile almost. "I thought you were told to stay away from my sister?" Lando said through gritted teeth, trying to just smile so nobody would suspect something was wrong. "I did but absence makes the heart grow fonder." Lance grinned, knowing it was winding Lando up. "Look mate, I don't know what you're playing at but that's my sister and I would appreciate it if you would just stay away." Lando was trying to be calm but Lance was seriously testing him. "I understand that, but I havent seen her since Monza last year an di didn't thank her for the drawing she did last time." Lando almost laughed out loud at what Lance said. "Oh please, as if you actually kept it." Lance reached into the inside pocket of his race suit and pulled out a folded up bit of paper, clearly folded and opened many times.

Lance opened it again and showed it proudly to Lando with a smile on his face. "Look familiar?" he asked. Lando snatched the bottom of it, crumpling it slightly. "What are you doing?!" Lance yelled. "Give me the bloody paper!" Lando shouted back. "No! You let go!" The pair bickered over the paper as the other drivers sat watching the argument unfold. "Let go or I'll rip it!" Lando snarled. Lance scoffed. "As if you would!" Lando pulled the paper harshly before a rip could be heard. Lance stared in disbelief at the paper on it. Lando scrumpled up his bit of paper and chucked it on the floor. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" Lance whispered, clearly hurt. "You're not going to be anywhere near my sister again, you won't talk to her, look at her even talk to her." Lance swallowed the lump in his throat before Lando took his weight and turned to leave. "She deserves better than some reckless driver that relies on his fucking father." and with that, Lando left and hit shoulders with Lance for good measure.

Later that evening, while Y/n was leaving to go on her date with Lance, he sat watching her from his window. He kept replaying what Lando had said about him. He honestly thought what he said was true, all of it. He just lay letting the horrid thoughts consume him. He liked her a lot but he couldn't help but think she deserved better. She deserved only the best. She he had to stay away.

Lando was sat on his own bed in his room, mining his business when he heard a knock from his door. He went and to open it. "Y/n?" He saw his sister with mascara trailing down her face, looking upset. "I think he stood me up." Y/n whimpered at Lando's door. Lando put his arms around her and patted her back, listening to her sobs. Lando sat her down on his bed and listened to her talking about the events of that night. She went to the beach like they planned, she waited for almost an hour before she just figured he wasn't coming. She got dressed up, made all that effort for nothing. "All drivers are dick heads. Complete and utter dick heads." Y/n sniffled. Lando chuckled at her statement. "Yeah, I guess we are. Not exactly someone you'd want to date, huh?"

Another knock of the door. Lando sat up to go get the door. "Look, we'll just go get some good and stay in, have to make you feel better." Lando opened the door and his smile dropped once he saw who was standing there, dressed nicely. "Is Y/n here?" Lance asked. "No. She isn't." Lando spat. "Lance?" a small voice broke through the arguing and there stood Y/n with some mascara trailing down her face. "Hey, you weren't at the beach." Lance said, wiping the mascara away when she was right in front of him. "I was, I sat for an hour there." Lando arched a brow and grinned wondering how Lance would get out of this one. "Oh sorry, I forgot to tell you. The team needed to keep me back for a while. So forgetful huh?" Lando tensed up again and clenched his jaw. "So how about we get out of here, yeah?" Lance tapped underneath her chin with his hooked finger, making her smile a bit. "Yeah, just give me a sec. I need to get my stuff." She smiled. "Take all the time you need." Lance said before she disappeared to collect her things. "You've got some nerve coming over here. You're not even staying in this hotel." Lando saï din a hushed voice. "You talk really quiet. Maybe it's because you don't want people figuring out how much of an ass hole you can really be."

"You two okay?" Y/n asked, breaking through the argument. "Of course we are. Ready to go?" Lance smiled, hooking his arm for her to take. "Absolutely." She turned to her brother and smiled. "Bye Lando, I'll see you tomorrow." She waved to her brother before the pair left to go to the beach. Lando shut the door in anger. He grabbed his phone and quickly scrolled through his contacts list. He had to keep Lance away from Y/n. Lando raised the phone to his ear and waited for an answer which he eventually got.

"George? Can you do me a favour mate?"