🍼Robert Shwartzman - Birthday

Sunday. Regardless of if there was a race or not, it was always a good day. Today however, was not a raceday but it wasn't any normal day. It was your son Alexei's birthday and Robert was home. You both scurried around the house quickly throwing up ballons and other decorations too. "Robert! The cake is burning!" You were satdning in the living room putting up some more decorations while Robert was in the kitchen. You'd never run this fast before in your life. "Are you eating the icing?!" you almost shrieked. "I have to taste test it! What if its poisoned?" he laughed. "Robert! The cake! How did you not realise it was burning?" Robert shrugged his shoulders. "The icing was so delicious I couldn't resist." You glared at him. "That's your excuse?" he nodded.

"Mama?" You both turned around to see your sleepy eyed child in the doorway looking in. "Good morning birthday boy!" you said walking over. "How about you go and watch some cartoons with daddy? Does that sound like a good idea and then I'll bring you out some pancakes." A huge grin appeared on his face at the offer. "Yeah!" he cheered. "Okay then. Daddy will be out in a minute." Alexei ran out excitedly. "Okay, since you're eating the icing, I suggest you go and watch some cartoons with him." Robert looked confused. "Why can't I help?" he asked almost offended. "You keep eating the ingredients!"
"Taste testing!"
"You are putting ingredients into your mouth and swallowing them!" Robert smirked cheekily, making your face go red. "Don't even say it!" you warned. "I wasn't going to." he replied holding his hands up in defense. "Of course you weren't. Go out to your son please." Robert chuckled and went out to watch some cartoons. Now to make some pancakes and the cake, all from scratch. Perfect...

You let out a sigh of satisfaction once you finished the cake and the pancakes had been finished too. Who said parenting was hard? You picked up the pancakes and walked out to the living room with a smile on your face. "Breakfast is ser-" You almost dropped the plate at the mess of your living room. A few huge blankets were thrown all over the place, covering the TV and furniture. Paper that was drawn on, seemingly blueprints for this fort, were scattered all over the place and there was no sign of anyone being there until Robert slowly pulled back a blanket using a nerf gun and smiled innocently. "Robert Shwartzman! What the hell?!" You heard a quiet "uh-oh" coming from the fort, presumably Alexei. "We just built a fort, I don't see the problem." Robert said climbing out. "Robert! It's a mess!" He sucked his lips in to make a thin line. "Well I can definitely see where you're coming from-" you scoffed. "but we did make a surprise for you too." he said taking the plate. "It better be cute Shwartzman." You grumbled. "Oh don't worry. It will be.

You got down and climbed into the little fort. You looked around at the family lights, lazily dangling from the top and the cushions from the couch just thrown around the place, the TV however was in perfect vision from where you had to sit down. It was well thought out to be honest. "This is actually nice you know." You muttered. "I told you and he's picked out a film for you too." You looked over to little Alexei with the TV remote in his hand. "Dumbo." he said. "Mama likes Dumbo." Your heart melted at his babyish voice. "And Alexei likes pancakes so here." You said placing the plate in front of him. So there you three sat, cuddled up in the little fort eating a bunch of pancakes together and watching Disney movies over and over again. Exactly how every Sunday should be spent. It would be a perfect Sunday, don't you think?