🏎️Lewis Hamilton - I'm Proud Of You

"That's a red flag! Return to the pits Valterri, return to the pits."

You were sat frozen out of complete shock as the black Mercedes tumbled a few more times before stopping upside down. You awaited the radio message from Lewis that he was alright but nothing, absolutely nothing was coming through. "Jesus that was a big crash." You muttered. "Yeah, hope he's alright." one of the mechanics added. You silently prayed for something, anything tto move in that car and thankfully you spotted the seat buckles fall to the surface of the track. You breathed a sigh of relief as you saw Lewis moving. "Christ." You walked over to the medical centre to meet Lewis as he got there just to make sure he was alright. A few minutes go by and Seb comes to check up on things too. "Is he back yet?" he asked placing a hand on your shoulder. "No, not yet but he should be back soon." You replied biting your nails. "I'm sure he'll be fine. He's Lewis, he doesn't just give up on things that easy." You nodded in agreement and sat with him until the medical car pulled up with Lewis limping out of the back seat. "Lewis!" you almost screamed. He looked to where his name was called and saw you running as fast as your legs would let you towards him and practically skidded to a halt just before you reached him. "Are you doing alright babe?" Lewis nodded and kissed your cheek. "Yeah, just a bit shaken up that's all."

You walked into the medical centre and sat with him as various tests were being completed. "Okay Lewis, you seem to be doing just fine but you're gonna have to rest for a while. Its too early to see if your body has taken too much damage because of the impact so just sit tight. We'll check back with you tomorrow." The doctor said closing Lewis' file. "Thanks man." Lewis said before turning to you and nodding that he was ready to go. "That was oreetty scary huh?" you asked still shaken by the accident. "Yeah. From my point of view not so much but from yours it might have been worse. You didn't even know if I'd walk out of there." He chuckled. "That deathtrap." You added letttting out a sigh. "What do you mean by that?" You tried to form exactly what you wanted to say but you didn't quitte word it...right. "Well sometimes I don't even want you to race because of how dangerous that is." Lewis cut youu off before you could even finish your point. "Hey, it's what I do though! This is my life!" You nodded in response. "I know babe. I just think it's super fucking dangerous."

"So you don't want me to keep on racing?" His accusation caught you off guard. "I did not say that." you said, defending yourself. "Yeah well itt kinda sounds like that's what you're saying." You scoffed. "You're just wwound up that you crashed babe. Try relax yourself." You said trying your best to stay calm. "No! You don't think I can do it anymore!" You looked at him seriously. "Lewis, was it my fault you didn't finish the bloody race?" Lewis threw his hand up in the air out of frustration. "Did I say that it was your fault?" he asked, clearly agitated now. "No but it kinda sounds like it." You mocked. "You're seriously having a go at me now? When I could have been killed or seriously injured?" You felt your heart strings being played with like a harp. "You know what Lew, you just stick to yourself because I'm not having a fight in the middle of the paddock." You said walking away. "Why?" he asked. "Because you literally just started at me for no reason so I need tto calm down before I actually fight you."

"Can you just stop blaming me?! Please!" Lewis screamed. "Lewis! Literally nobody is blaming you! The suspension snapped and you just lost control of the car! Nobody fucking blamed you! You are blaming yourself at this point!" Lewis stood before her not knowing what else to say. "Lewis, I know it is killing you right now but it's a race. You have so many other races that were bad so why would this one change anything?" He didn't know how to respond. "I just- I just wanted you to be proud of me." He said through a voice crack. "Lewis, I'll always be proud of you, whether you dnf or win the fucking championship I'll always be proud of you." The pair stood silently just looking at each other before Lewis decided to break the silence.

"You mean that?" she nodded her head slowly. "Every word of it." Lewis smiled soflty and pulled you in for a hug. "I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." He whispered. "It's okay Lewis. Just always remember and never forget that I am proud of you."