💔Callum Ilott - Escelated Part 2

The hardest thing in life is to see the person you love, love someone else. That's a heartbreak of it's own...

Y/n smiled along as her best friend Callum sat gazing at his beautiful girlfriend that he adored. It broke Y/n that he loved another girl because all of the things she used to be told were now being told to someone else. Even though they never dated before, everything that he every said to her was practically copy and pasted to Kate and to keep Callum happy, she just decided she wouldn't do this whole love thing. She kept the looks to a minimum and controlled everything she talked about. "When will you guys be back?" She asked the couple. "Well, we should be back in two hours or something." Callum replied. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do." Callum said. "Okay, I'm not going to win a championship then." she boldly replied. "Oh haha, aren't you so clever?" he replied sarcastically. "I like to think of myself that way."

Callum left with Kate and the very second they left, she ran to the window to watch for them to get into their car to drive away. Callum opened the door for her and let her in before looking up and seeing the silhouette of his friend in the giant window and waved, a small yet priceless smile on his face. Her heart fluttered as she waved back but it forgot about the euphoric feeling as Callum drove away and that little moment of happiness turned to pure and utter pain. She slid down the window and curled up to cry like she usually did when they left. She wouldn't count the hours, she wouldn't count anything. She'd just cry until she saw the car outside which usually took an hour.

"Y/n? Are you alright?" She didn't expect him to be back home this quickly. She wiped her eyes and stood up, fakinbg her smile again but her eyes told a different story. "I'm absolutely fine." Callum looked deep into her eyes and kept looking at her until she finally just broke. "I- I'm not." she fell back down to the ground crying again. Callum walked over quickly and sat beside her. "Do you want to talk?" he asked. She whimpered a soft 'yes' and just like that, Callum was listening. She rested her head on his shoulder and just let it all out. She rambled on for almost twenty minutes before she felt like that was everything and then Callum spoke up. "Is it just like a breakup?" he asked, trying to think of a solution. She nodded her head. "So that's the thing that's hurting you?" he asked. Y/n shook her head. "Callum, it's not the 'breakup' that's hurting me the most! It's the waking up and checking my phone for messages that aren't there, it's like starting my life all over again and I don't know where to begin. It's knowing when I wake up and turn around, there's a chance that you aren't going to be on the other side of the phone."
"Didn't we agree though, that we'd just be friends?"
"Callum, you can never just be friends with someone you fell in love with."

There was an uncomfortable silence between the pair. Neither knew who would talk first butt surprisingly it was Y/n. "It's sad to think that you were such a big part of my life and now you're just...." she paused, swallowing the lump in her throat. "Just what?" he asked. "Gone." she croaked. Callum felt so guilty. He did like her, he loved her in fact. He just wouldn't ask her out and maybe, just maybe if he had asked her out he would be a lot happier than now, maybe they both would. "It's my fault." he muttered. Y/n smiled sadly and looked over to him. "Don't be sorry Callum. I trusted you. It was my fault not yours." She stood up and began walking away. Something in Callum's mind told him that she was going to leave and his instinct kicked in. He couldn't lose her, not again. "She left me!" he said loudly. Y/n stopped in her tracks and turned around slowly as Callum explained. "She asked me to tell you to move out and find your own place but I said no and she figured that it was because I didn't want you to ever leave me and you know what Y/n? I don't ever want you to leave me because you're everything I want. I wasn't exactly happy with Kate, I always had to be better than I was and I hated it but I thought you didn't like me back so it helped ease the pain a bit. That made no sense whatsoever but-" He was cut off from his sentence by Y/n hugging him, sobbing. "I'm sorry." Callum hugged her back. "Don't be. You didn't do anything wrong. You were just human."

"I don't like being human then. It hurts too much." Callum chuckled. "You know, if someone just came in and heard you say that they would swear you were an alien." Y/n found laughter breaking through the tears. He always made her feel better. "There's my smiling girl." He said wiping her tears away. "I don't like seeing you cry." he added. "That's why I always cry when you leave." she admitted. "Oh darling, no. Don't cry when I'm gone, cry when I'm here so I can make you feel better." She nodded her head in agreement. "If you could just exist, that would make me happier."

"Well you'll be the Happiest girl in the world, huh?" he joked. Y/n looked up at his crystal blue eyes. She always remembered the exact shade of blue that they were, the depth into his soul, it was all so magical but never have they been this close to her face before. They're getting closer. Why on earth were they getting closer? She soon got her answer as she felt her lips grow warm from another pair on them. Her eyes closed softly as she melted into the kiss. Exactly what she wanted, exactly who she wanted, exactly the ending she wanted. Nothing could ever beat this moment, never in a million years, never in eternity. All the wasted tears over him, all the deleted paragraphs, all of them led up to this moment, the happily ever after.