Twitch Quartet - Survivor

Charles, Alex, George, Lando and Y/n all sat at the grid just before they had to go for the pre race ceremony. They were talking about nothing really but there you stood talking away. "What time is it where we are from?" Charles asked through a yawn. "It's like eleven o clock or something." Y/n replied. Charles threw his hands in the air. "I'm never up at this time normally." The other four drivers laughed at his state for a second. "If it makes you feel better, you're waking up at 2am Monaco time." Charles' eyes go wide. "You are joking?" George shakes his head. "I am this close to falling asleep." Charles raised his hands and put them quite close together but not quite touching. "Same honestly." Lando spoke up wiping his eyes. "Driver's to the grid!" one of the officials shouted. "Oh, well that's us. Maybe we'll all have time for that sleep later." Y/n joked as she walked away leaving the others laughing.

The race was getting pretty intense for Y/n. She was lurking in her blue Alpine, behind two cars that were battling like there was no tomorrow. "And what a battle this is turning out to be oh but here comes Y/n Y/l/n trying to get a piece of all the action!" Crofty commentated. "Okay Y/n, you can overtake if you'd like but the team recommends that you wait until the start finish straight." her engineer said. "Yeah copy but I've found a good space to get by." she replied. Y/n was going down the straight and decided to take the outside line as they probably didn't see it coming and she was getting a good tow so why not take advantage of that?

"And the Alpine gets by!" Crofty announces to the viewers back home. She breathed a sigh of relief and she thought she was doing fine until she felt her steering wheel tug at her arms four or five seconds after. She knew she must have been hit from behind or something and she was basically beyond saving it so she took her arms from the steering wheel and prepared for impact.

"That is an instant red flag, no surprise there. Let's just hope she gets out okay." The crowd are near to silent as they watch the cat in horror. It didn't look like she was moving whatsoever. Was she alright? Was she going to come out awake? Alive even? The other drivers didn't want to get out of their cars when they got back to the pits. Their hearts were racing, silently praying that she was okay. Alex sat at the Red Bull pit box watching on in horror, Charles became fidgety and uncomfortable in his car and Lando went to talk with George to get his mind off it. It was too long, brutally long yet in reality it had only been four minutes but that was four minutes too long. Suddenly, a loud eruption of claps and cheers came from the crowd and engineers as they showed Y/n limping out of the car and huddled over.The drivers let out a sigh of relief and joined in the claps and cheers. They would see their friend again.

"Y/n? Y/n? Are you alright?" Y/n heard the voice of her engineer ringing in her ears as she opened her eyes. She looked around and saw white smoke surrounding the car. She let out a shakey breath and she tried to wrap her head around what had just happened. "Miss! Miss! Are you alright?" Y/n flinched as she heard the marshall shouting to her from the side of the car. Her eyes watered as she saw him. "I- yeah I think so, what- oh my god." The marshall said something into his walkie talkie and helped her out.

"I- I can walk back. I can-" Y/n stumbled a bit but was caught by the medics. "Y/n, you need to get to the medical car. You might have a concussion or something, that was a big crash." As much as she didn't want to go in the car, she had very little choice in the matter. She was sat in the medical car and driven back to get tested at the medical centre.

She sat on the bed, staring straight at the wall with a blank expression to her face. So much had been going through her mind. What if she was in a worse scenario than this one? What if she couldn't move? What if she hadn't gotten out of the car? "Okay Y/n, you're ready to go. You're all clear now." she nodded her head and grabbed a crutch. She was practically emotionless. She opened the door and saw what seemed like a rainbow of people standing there. Charles, Lando, Alex and George. They smiled seeing that she was okay. "What are you guys doing here? Don't you have a race to be getting on with?" she smiled lightheartedly. "You did just come out of a huge shunt and destroyed the barriers." George said putting an arm around her. "Yeah. Sorry about that." she chuckled. "So are you okay? Are you going to be able to race next weekend?" Charles asked. Y/n shrugged her shoulders. "I'm not sure. My leg is sore but they reckon it's just shock because they're isn't any bruising, abnormalities or anything so they'll check again tomorrow."

They all senses something was up. She'd crashed before but she was never like this. "Y/n? Is everything alright?" Alex asked. She smiled. "Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?" They all looked at her. "Y/n, we've known you for ages. We know when something is up." Lando spoke up. "Guys, really I'm-" she looked around at them and knew she couldn't hide it any longer, she was overwhelmed with emotion. "I'm- I'm so fucking stupid." she began silently sobbing as her head fell into her hands. Charles put his arms around her and squeezed her. "No, don't say that." he whispered in an attempt to calm her down. "I'm so selfish. I'm trying to get myself killed just so people remember me, just so I can be a driver-" she gasped for air. "W-what if it was worse? What if my mum and dad never saw me again? I just couldn't do that to them-" Her sobs were muffled by the other few drivers joining to hug her.

"These kind of things happen but it's a risk we all take for what we love." Charles said patting her back. "Selfish, we all are for what we do but you are not stupid." he added. Y/n looked up and gave him a teary smile. "Where would I be without you guys?" she wiped away her tears and chuckled a bit. "I don't know but I guarantee life wouldn't be as fun without us. Same goes our way." Lando said. "Guys? You've got to be back in your cars now." an FIA official said to them. They all nodded and looked back to her. "We have to go but don't do anything stupid until we get back." George said patting her head. "I'll be fine. I've got Alex to keep me company." she said as she grabbed hold of Alex and began walking. "Right, we'll talk after the race. Don't you worry about that." Lando said before the three of them ran tto get back to their cars.

"Take it steady. We don't have to be there as quick." Alex chuckled. Y/n nodded. "Yeah, just wanna watch the restart, that's all." she explained. "Not gonna let my sore leg get in the way of that, am I?" Alex shook his head and away they walked to watch the race from the pits. At least she could live to tell the tale of how she survived. The survivor, Y/n Y/l/n