🎶Lando Norris - Ophelia

Lando sat with his eyebrows knotted in confusion listening to the same song for the ninth time in the last hour. You, a music student had to uncover the meaning behind a song and of course, you chose a song that was shooting around your head. Ophelia. It baffled Lando how the hell you were getting all this information from a three minute song but he watched you and stayed with you nonetheless. "So what is it about again?" he asked, wanting to understand. "It's about falling in love with fame. 'Ophelia' is a metaphor for fame. For example, he says in the song that when he was younger he fell in love with Ophelia, remember this is the idea of fame but now he knows how laborious fame was at the time but now that he does know, he should have known there were consequences to fame."

This hit Lando deep down. He got it completely with his own struggles with his fame but what he still couldn't grasp was how the hell you managed to get that. "So I get that Ophelia represents fame but how did you get all that from a name?" he asked. Lando loved listening to youu talking. If he could, it would be all he would listen to. "Well think about it Lando, from a very young age he dreamed of this Ophelia. He continues on tto say that Ophelia is now his girlfriend and he feels like she is on top. I think this means that when he was first in this relationship of sorts, it was amazing. Fame was exciting but as he continues on, he realizes that fame isn't all that its cut out to be and wishes he could leave but he can't." You explained as simply as you could. "Or he could have had a crush on his babysitter and learned about the harsh reality of love?" Either way, this song was really sticking out to Lando as a relatable song. You see, Lando was in fact immensely in love with you but of course, you didn't know as all the signs flew over your head. "So what does 'The Flood' mean and why is it important?" he asked once again. "What makes you think itts important?"

"Well you have it underlined and circled." he replied, pointing at the notebook. Youu didn't want to admit it, but you couldn't understand what the flood was. What was the purpose of it? "You don't know, do you?" Lando laughed. You shook your head, slightly embarrassed. "Well, you said all this has something to do with fame right?" You nodded your head again and Lando continued on. "What if the flood is referring to when the band finally got famous or something like that. A swarm of support suddenly." It clicked in your mind. Lando was right. You squealed and jumped into your friend's arms. "Lando Norris! You genius! I could kiss you right now!"

"Well I wouldn't be opposed to that idea." You almost froze as his words registered onto your mind. You looked up at him, not exactly knowing what to expect. "What did you just say?" you asked. "You know what I said." he responded quietly. You sat up properly and looked at him with mixed emotions. "Lando, talk to me. You know what happened last time you didn't talk to me." you told him, rubbing his hand with your thumb. "I think I'm in love with you." he muttered. You couldn't form words into your mouth. He loved you? Was he being serious? By the looks of it, he was. Now what do you say? What does one do after something like this? "You aren't joking are you?" you asked him, slightly worried that you were being mad fun of. "I'd never joke about something like this, you know that."

"Yes Lando, but I'm just after finding out my best friend loved me back." Lando's shoulders slumped until he realised what you said. 'loved me back'. These feelings weren't one way? "So you love me too?" he asked, a glimmer of hope sparkling in his eye. "Of course I do! I thought I was making it obvious." The two of you just sat awkwardly for a few moments, still processing what happened. They both confessed how they felt. Okay, cool, cool. Now what? "Lando?" He looked over to you and hummed. "Why would you pick me?" He was taken back by the question. There were so many things but he had to tell you something. "You're absolutely gorgeous." he replied, almost breathlessly. You scoffed. "As if. I think you need glasses." Lando didn't know what came over him, but he cupped your cheek and brought your head around to look at him. You gazed into his eyes and felt instantly relieved and at home. "Y/n, you're beautiful. You may not be a model but to me, you are perfect. You're smart, you just figured out an entire storyline of a song by listening to lyrics that make it sound like a love song. You're funny, your smile is contagious, you will actually listen to me, you are perfect. You just need to let me show you that you are. Please just give me that chance."

You felt your heart flutter. He was genuine. You could tell by his tone of voice and how he was acting. He genuinely meant it. "Lando-" Youu were cut off by a small peck to your lips. Your eyes widened as you and Lando just shared a look. Did he just kiss you? Oh my god, he did! "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Lando rambled on about how sorry he was that it didn't even give you any time to comprehend what happened or even come up wotth an answer. "D-don't worry about it." was all you could come up with. Lando blinked atv youu a few times. "So you aren't mad?" he asked, a bit unsure. "Mad? Why on earth would I be mad?" you asked through a laugh. "Well I don't know, maybe because you might have had second thoughts in the last five minutes." You laughed for a while. "I love you Lando Norris. I really, really love you." Lando felt everything finally piece together. "And I love you too." he smiled. "Well then, that settles it then." You said. "Be a darling and grab me a cup of tea. I'm parched." and with that you returned to your work. "I'm your darling. Of course I'm going to make you some tea." Her darling. He liked the sound of that. He wondered how long he could stay as her darling for and the only answer that was acceptable for him was forever.