❤️Max Verstappen - Free Trial

Y/n groaned as she read through more data with her teammate Max in his driver room. She kept groaning out of boredom. This data had been the same every single lap so why did she have to study each and every lap? She wanted someone to talk to, cuddle with just anything. "What's wrong with you?" Max asked, not looking away from the pages in his hands. "I hate being single." she replied. "Same but as drivers we don't exactly have the time." Max mumbled. "I mean, that's true but I'd love to have someone at least." Max set his pages to the side and looked at her, slightly intrigued. "So what are you planning to do?" he asked. "I don't know. Do you know any any drivers that are single?" Max shook his head. "Other than me no. Landl got a girlfriend last week and everyone else is taken." He explained. "This sucks." It was silent for a little bit before Max spoke up, with a brilliant idea. "I have an idea." he said suddenly. "Oh please enlighten me." she chuckled. "How about a free trial?" She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "What?" Max took a deep breath in. "Like for a day, we do what couples would do and then come to a decision at the end of the day on whether or not we'd like to date someone right now."

"But people are going to talk Max." she said. "People are always talking. They're talking about us right now too." Max replied, getting slightly closer to her. "I doubt it." she scoffed and returned to the pointless pieces of paper. "Y/n, people have been talking about us allegedly fucking since you moved to Red Bull, do you really think this is going to matter?" She let out a sigh and looked at Max. "I mean they might think we actually are after this." Max shrugged his shoulders. "It doesn't matter. Do you want to have a free trial or not?" Her head and heart battled for a few second before she figured she had nothing else to lose. "Fuck it. Sure."

Word had gotten around the paddock that Max nad Y/n had been seen cuddled up with each other, holding hands and being closer than usual and it didn take much sense as to why they were being so much more affectionate towards each other. It didn't make sense to anyone except Y/n and Max. Not even Helmut Marko or Christian Horner could figure out what was happening. The engineers watched on confused as the pair couldn't keep their eyes off each other, playfully flirting and winking at any given opportunity. Qualifying had come upon the grid and the Red Bull drivers where looking like the favourite for a front row lockout. All weekend they had been first and second in every session and then came Q3. "Good luck schatje." Max said, making Y/n blush but thankfully he couldn't see how red her face was due to her helmet. "Good luck to you too Maxamillion." She winked before walking away to her car. She was looking for a P2 at least, anything less was a complete and utter waste of time and energy. "Okay Y/n, that's P5." She felt her stomach churn as she heard her engineer. What had happened? "What? How the fuck did that happen?" she asked. "Not sure. There was a spike in the data so we expect that to be the reason." She cursed off the radio line, getting her frustrations out before she landed back at the garage. How could this have happened?

Y/n couldn't sleep. Her qualifying had been completely and utterly tragic and she had to get out of there, occupy her mind but it was the middle of tbe night. Where could she go in the middle of the night? Max's room is as good as it could get so she got up threw on some clothes and walked to Max's room. She knocked lightly and waited for Max to open up. "Who is knocking at my door this late at night-" Max stopped as he saw Y/n at his door. Her face had gone red as she looked at his torso. "Like the view?" he smirked. Y/n glared at him and shook her head. "Why don't you have clothes on?" she asked. "Well I didn't expect visitors. What's up?" Max asked, rubbing his face. "I just can't sleep." she replied. "That qualifying today just fucked me over and I need to take my mind off of it."

Max looked up and down the corridor before coming up with an idea. "Wanna go for a drive?" Max asked. Y/n nodded. "Okay, give me a second then." he said before retreating back into his room to get dressed. She stood outside for a minute or so before Max came back out dressed in his Red Bull clothes. "Just in case we aren't back in time to change. Now, come on schatje." He took her hand and walked through the paddock with her to his car. She sat in the passenger seat and looked out the windscreen at the stars. "So, where are we going to drive?" he asked. "As far as we can." she replied. Max sighed and started the car and drove away.

The drive through the Styrian countryside, listening to whatever came on the radio. It took her mind off of her problems and it helped Max feel a little relaxed too. They'd been driving for a good four hours now and it was nearing 5 am. "Feeling better?" Max asked. Y/n smiled lightly and nodded at him. "Absolutely." Max Slowed down a bit. "So what now? Go back?" Y/n looked out onto Max's side of the car. The sun was about to rise. "Can we watch the sunrise actually?" Max sighed and nodded. "Let me find a place to park-"
"There,there is perfect." she said quickly. Max followed her instructions and parked up. She hopped out of the car and sat on the bonnet, eagerly anticipating the sun to come. She felt the car lower slightly before she looked beside her and spotted Max. "Nervous for the race?" she asked. "I don't know. I think I can win from pole. Just need a good start." he replied. "How about you? Are you-"
"Shush! Look!" Max looked out onto the green hills of the syltyrian alps. He'd never bothered to get up and watch the sunset before and he didn't regret waking up to watch this one.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Y/n asked as the sun became duo through the hills and trees. A soft honey glow fell onto their faces. Max looked over at her and let out a sigh. "Yeah, yeah it's amazing." He was very much breathless at the sight of his teammate. Never in a million years did he think he'd feel like this towards a teammate. She set her head fall onto his shoulder, so he leaned his head down on top of hers. "I'm liking this free trial." she chuckled. "So why not sign up for a full time thing?" Max asked. She turned her head slightly so she was looking at him. "I'd like that Max." she whispered. "How much would it cost?" she joked, earning a light chuckle from Max. "Unconditional love. That's about it." he muttered. She smiled and leaned in. "I can do that." she said before their lips connected in a sweet, soft kiss.

A/N: hi everybody, so I've got a max book out now which is the prequel to my Charles book so if you are interested in Max at all, please go give it a read thank you x