🏎️Marcus Armstrong - Why Should You Care?

"Why can't you wear my teams clothes?" Marcus asked as you threw his shirt back to him. "You know why. We aren't official to anyone else yet." You and Marcus had been dating for close to four months but you weren't ready to tell everybody just yet. It wasn't so much that you wanted to be seen as a single woman and more to the fact that you didn't want to be chucked into the spotlight being a driver's girlfriend and all. "Are you scared of what people will think of us?" He asked sounding a bit hurt. "No! You're perfect. I'm more scared of what they'll think of me. What if they don't like me? School is already stressful enough and now I have to worry about this? It might be a bit too much." Marcus understood completely and he was willing to wait but his patience was kind of running low. He wanted to scream it from the rooftops but he couldn't because you weren't ready just yet. "I don't think you should care. They're just words."

"Come on then. Off we go." He said. You stood up and gave him a kiss before you both walked out into the paddock and towards his team tent. "Ready Marcus?" his engineer asked. "Yup. Ready to go." He turned back to you. "I'll see you after the race?" You nodded and smiled. "I'm not going anywhere." Marcus picked up his helmet and walked away chatting to his engineer as he did so. You grabbed yourself a cup of coffee/tea (whichever u prefer) and settled down to watch the race. It was quite good to say the least but everything changed on the last lap. Marcus was running a comfortable P3 when the two prema cars collided and had to retire. This was his chance. Marcus was going to win!

You shot up and cheered for him still a bit scared as to whether or not he'd finish first as now there was debris just everywhere so he could have gotten some damage but he managed to glide through the lap remaining laps and win. You couldn't believe it. He'd only gone and won the race. You ran out of the tent and made your way to Parc Ferme to see Marcus. He climbed out of his car and placed the steering wheel back in before spotting you and running to greet you. "Babe!" He called while basically tthrrowwing his helmet on thee ground. You jumped into his arms as he swung you around. He never wanted to let you go, not now. "I love you!" He said into your ear. Your smile grew wider at his words. "I love you too." and worth that, he reached for your chin and pulled you in closer for a kiss, your first kiss in front of other people and it was just as magical as the first.

"We just-" You nodded. "And you're okay with it?" You smiled and leaned in closer. "Well as you say, why should I care?" Marcus smiled softly at you and pulled you in for yet another kiss. "I love you a lot." He said again. "I know but you should probably go up to the podium. They're gonna start without you at this point." Marcus chuckled and walked away up to the podium being the happiest man on earth while you stood down at the bottom looking up. The New Zealdn national anthem played loud and clear, the sound reaching up and beyond the skies filling the hearts and souls of everyone around. Whatever this feeling was, it didn't feel real. It felt beyond that or any dream you'd ever felt. It was just perfection. Pure perfection. You wished this moment could last forreverr but then again, how would you two spend the future together if you only stuck with this moment and why not make more moments like this?