❤️Stoffel Vandoorne - Maybe

Being a De Vries sure had its perks but then again, some things were pretty limited, like dating drivers. This possibility of sorts was basically shut down when Seychelle managed to date George Russell. Unfortunately, they broke up and then came the protective brother Nyck. He knew how demanding being a driver was and for that reason, he refused to let his sisters date drivers. One problem for you however, is that you may or may not have fallen for a certain Belgian driver...Stoffel.

You had met through Nyck as they were teammates. It started off as a hello and from there, you two found yourselves wanting to hear from the other more and more often. After a good seven or so months since you met, you decided to just take the plunge and start dating. It was absolute bliss, you both lived each other very much. You didn't want to keep it quiet and Stoffel understood completely so the pair of you decided you would take the paddock by shock. It just before qualifying that you managed to get into the paddock. You looked around to find the Mercedes tent when all of a sudden, your vision just went black. You furrowed your eyebrows a bit confused. "Well, well, well. Look who it is." Youu smirked as you recognised the silky Belgian voice. "Hello to you too Stoffel." you said turning around. "So when are we telling him then?" Stoffel asked. You let out a sigh and curled your arms around his neck. "Well I was planning on today before quali but if you have a better plan then be my guest." Stoffel looked around seeing some of his fellow drivers staring in shock and amazement, a few even silently showing support. "I'll let you take the wheel. He's your brother after all." You smiled and planted a soft kiss onto his lips before letting him go. "Wish me luck." He said walking away. "I can't exactly do that, my brother is right next to you." You joked.

You turned around to walk towards the tent when you felt yourself being lifted off the ground. "What the fuck-" Y-you didn't finish your sentence before being let back down onto the ground. "Aw my baby sister came to surprise me." Nyck chuckled, throwing his arm around your shoulder. You laughed nervously and shook your head. "As if. I'm here for someone else." Nyck arched a brow. "So you decided to get a boyfriend then?" he asked. It came off a little more judgemental than he intended but you shrugged it off. "Yes, I have." You replied. Nyck walked you towards the tent, still very much interested in this mystery man. "And would I know him?" he started circling around her now, just like how he did with Seychelle when he interrogated her about George. "Maybe." You grinned. "So a driver?" You sshruggedd your shoulders. "Maybe." He gave an unamused look. "Is everything you're going to say maybe?"

"Maybe." He threw his hands in the air and returned to investigating her. "Okay, quick fire round. Blonde?"
"Nope."
"Brunette?"
"Nope."
"Orange or ginger?"
"Yes."
"Okay. New Zealand?"
"Nope."
"Britain?"
"Nope."
"Belgian?"
"Yes."
His face dropped as hev realised what that meant. "You mean you're-" He pointed between you and the other side of the garage, meaning Stoffel. You nodded. "Yes I'm dating your teammate." you said calmly. "And you didn't think to tell me this earlier?" Nyck asked with his hands on his hips. "Nope." you replied, popping the 'p'. "And why is that?" he asked. "Because it is absolutely none of your business."

Nyck was taken back by the sudden confidence. "Well, maybe I should have listened to the other guys when they told me what they saw." Nyck laughed. You nodded your head and smiled. "So I hope you're not angry with me then." Nyck shook his head. "At least youu didn't hide it too long and I know Stoffel is basically incapable of hurting anything, even a fly so you're in safe hands." He said patting your back. "Look, I've got to go but you go over to the worse Mercedes driver-"
"Im already here."
"Careful." he warned earning a small laugh from you. "You go over to him and just do what a girlfriend does I guess. I don't know." You grabbed him and pulled him in for a hug and obviously he hugged back for this little sibling moment. "Thank you Nyck." You whispered. "I don't know why you're thanking me. You were going to date him anyway."
"Yeah, but I feel a lot less guilty now."
"Don't worry about it. Just send me an invite to the wedding and I'll be happy." he joked, patting her head before walking away.

"So I'm guessing it went well then?" Stoffel asked as you sat down at his side of the tent now. "Surprisingly enough." You replied. Stoffel didn't really say anything, he was too busy putting on his helmet and gloves. "What exactly did he say?" he said. "He wants a wedding invite." Stoffel laughed a bit and slung his arm around your shoulder. "He'll get one, he shouldn't worry too much about it." Your head lay on his shoulder for a bit until you managed to look up at him. "How about a good luck kiss before I go out?" he asked. You let out a silent laugh and kissed the slick helmet. "Will that do? It left a bit of a lip gloss mark." Stoffel waved his hand. "Don't worry about it. It'll keep me luckier for longer." He turned and began walking to his car when he heard you speak up again. "Hey Stoffel?" He hummed in response. "I love you." His heart skipped a beat before a soft smile appeared on his face. "I love you too."

"You guys are sickening! I'm trying to get ready for qualifying!"

"Shut up Nyck!"