🎶Callum Ilott - Still Into You

Breakups were always a horrible thing to go through, even if you both hated each other, it still felt bad in some way. For Callum and Y/n, it's wasn't that much easier. They broke up during Callum's Formula 3 season. He said he wanted to focus on racing for the time being but it didn't go to well. Callum hadn't made it to F1 like be had planned. On the opposite side of the spectrum, that breakup was something Y/n needed. She ended up doing some soul searching and found some form of a secret talent; singing. At first, she sang in her local bar and from there, she decided to do busking. Her videos went viral, they got her recognition and with that, came money and sponsors. Her following grew and honestly, everything was looking up.

After Portugal, Callum decided to spend some time at home. He had missed his family far too much. Him and his friends went out for dinner. Of course everything went to plan but Callum wanted to go get a quick drink before he went home so when he spotted the local pub that he used to love going to, he couldn't resist seeing old faces. As he neared the door, he heard a beautiful voice, almost like a siren pulling him in like magnet. He walked in and looked around to see who's heavenly voice it was, shocked to see Y/n up on stage with almost everybody going insane, although it was mainly young teenagers. She looked amazing and she sounded amazing too. Callum slowly sat down at the bar, not even daring to take his eyes off of her. "Callum! What are you doing back here?" Callum turned to the voice and saw one of his old friends Mark leaning over the bar to talk. "Mark, how are you doing mate?" Callum said giving him a high five. "Must be a special night, we've got the town's two most famous faces in one bar at the same time." Mark laughed. "Famous? Does she do this for a living?" Callum asked. "She makes money out of it butt she's still studying at uni. Do you want a drink?" Callum nodded. "Yeah, whatever you're thinking I'll have." he said. "Is she like a big star now? I'm not that big into music nowadays."

"Yeah, she still comes back here to do little performances. It's her side job." the bartender said, sliding Callum a drink. His eyes fell back to Y/n who was up on stage, singing her heart out. She jumped around the small, as free as a bird. "When did this happen?" Callum asked. "Well funny enough, after you two broke up." That felt like a kick to the stomach. She was doing better without him than with him. That hurt. His eyes widened as he felt the

"I should be over all the butterflies, but I'm into you, I'm into you and baby even on our worst nights, I'm into you, I'm into you." Callum was mesmerised by her voice. She was thriving and he could tell. He regretted breaking up with her because he didn't have anyone to talk to when he was by himself because whenever he was by himself, Y/n would always go to have a chat. Now she didn't have him, she was doing so much better than she was with him and that put an immense weight on his shoulders.

"Let 'em wonder how we got this far, cuz I don't really need to wonder at all. Yeah, after all this time I'm still into you." Y/n winked and pointed down to Callum. His heart heated faster as she finished up the song and walked off the stage, thanking everyone before going. "Where does she go after her shows?" Callum asked frantically. "Back there, out that door. She'll be out for photos and stuff afterwards and-" Before Mark could even finish his sentence, Callum was off, following where Mark said Y/n would be. He knocked on the door and awaited for her to give him the go ahead to let himself in. He opened the door and looked over at her through her mirror. She smiled her oh so familiar smile. "I thought that was you out there." Callum chuckled. "Yeah, I didn't mean to intrude I just wanted to say good job out there." She spun around to look at him. "Have a seat. Don't hurt your legs standing." Callum looked over to a small, Busted up sofa and sat down having a look around the empty room. What was he meant to say? To talk about even?

"So, you're a singer now." Callum mentally face palmed himself. Y/n nodded and wiped away her lipstick. "Yup, well...I wouldn't say a fully fledged singer. Maybe like a bar singer." Callum pulled a face. "I'm being serious! I'm not going for a Grammy anytime soon."
"You could. I think you could." Callum replied. The pair were silent for a while until Y/n decided to ask him about what he's been doing. "So based on you being back home an doit drinking, I take it you're still in the junior categories of racing?" Callum let out a sigh. "Well no, I'm doing GT world at the moment and I'm test driver for Ferrari." Y/n looked at him confused. "Really? Last time I checked you were in a title battle with Schumacher."
"So you've been keeping up with me then."
"Not enough apparently." The silence filled the room again. Y/n continued to take off her makeup while Callum simply watched. Now was his chance. No, he couldn't. She'd look at him like he had two heads. She'd never talk to him again. Yet there was this...thing

"I didn't think it would be like this." Callum muttered. "What?" Y/n asked confused. "Well, usually when someone breaks up with someone it's because they don't love each other anymore, but I still love you. Not a day goes by that I don't think about you and not a day goes by that I don't love you. I still get Butterflies, I still love you." Callum admitted. Y/n didn't know what to say. "I know I left you and honestly, I've hated that I did that, nott even because of you now but even back when it first happened I just hated it because I couldn't talk to you or I'd be called a wuss or something." He felt as though the weight was lifting off of his shoulders. "A call would've been nice though, Callum. Maybe even a text."

"I know and I'm terribly sorry." Callum said. "I blamed myself for that." she admitted. "I'm sorry." he whispered. "I haven't stopped blaming myself." Callum bit the inside of his lip. "I'm sorry for that too." Y/n saw how down he was. She missed him just as much as he missed her. She so desperately wanted him back but he left her an dlook what she did by herself. "Look, I know what I'm about to say is going to be stupid and you don't have to agrreee but if you want to maybe hangout or go for a walk or something before Wednesday, you know we could maybe do that." Callum said in one breath. He looked up at her softened expressions. "I've got stuff to do this week but whenever you're back, I'd love to." He was relieved that he would at least see her again. "Do you want me to walk you home?" Callum asked. "Yeah sure, I'll finish getting ready and then we'll go. Is that okay?"

As they walked home, they talked about memories they had with each other. The first time she had met Callum's mother. She was about fifteen and honestly, both of them were nervous as anything. "Remember what I told you when you walked me home?" Y/n asked. Callum nodded. "You told me you loved me." Y/n smiled at the memory. "Yeah. What happened to those optimistic kids that we used to be?" Callum shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. I guess we just got our own ambitions." Y/n nodded. "Our friends were probably the worst part. They always used to ask how we managed to stay together that long." Callum laughed. "It was no wonder when you look like that and make me laugh." Y/n replied. The finally y stood at her front door. They gazed into each other's eyes, trying to keep contact with each other for as long as possible because god knows how long it will be until they see each other again. "This is a familiar scenario."

Y/n nodded and smiled at him. "Yeah, we both know how that ended." Callum let out a breath and the two of them watched as it mingled with the chilly air of the night. "Goodnight Callum." Callum snapped from his thoughts and looked back to her. "Goodnight darling." he replied. She leaned in and pressed a soft kiss onto his cheek. Callum found his cheeks burning red. He was about to say something else when she pulled out a piece of paper and held it between her index and middle fingers for Caum to take. "You're number I presume?" She nodded. "Since we're so busy, I figured we could keep some contact at least. I wanna know all about what you get up to in the paddock." Y/n explained. "And I'd like to know how uni is going for you."
"So we have a deal?" Y/n asked outtstretching her hand. Callum took it into his and shook it before pulling her hand towards his lips and kissed it. "Of course we do."

"For real now, Goodnight Callum." she giggled as she opened her door. "Goodnight darling." Callum replied before the two finally seperated. Y/n closed the door behind her and leaned her back onto it, still processing what had happened in the past few hours. She'd got him back. She didn't know how but she'd got him back. Now would she let him go? That was the question. Tbe answer? Well, I don't know about you but I think the answer will obviously be...

No

Never

Never in a million years