🎶Mick Schumacher - Something Just Like This

Mick sat watching as Y/n spoke to Callum, Callum Ilott. She was laughing. It wasn't normal for Mick to feel intimidated or jealous but on this specific day, he did. Haas hadn't exactly been going to plan but he expected that, what he didn't expect was the amount of casualties the car would have and how many guys would be drooling over his girlfriend when he moved to formula one. He knew she wouldn't leave him but he couldn't help but think she might. Not a lot of relationships last when drivers get to formula one. The distance gets a bit too much and it becomes a problem. He didn't want to lose Y/n and her talking to Callum was getting under his skin a little bit.

He waited painfully until he wasn't needed and the second he was told he didn't need to stay any longer, he didn't waste any time in pulling Y/n aside and saying we needed to leave. "Liebling?" he said poking her shoulder lightly. "Oh, you alright mate?" Callum asked. Mick nodded his head and thinned his lips into a small smile. Y/n turned with her contagious smile. "Yeah? What's up baby?" she asked. Mick let out a sigh. "We can go now if you'd like." He told her. Y/n nodded. "That's perfect. Give me one sec." She paused and turned towards Callum to say goodbye. "I'll talk to you tomorrow, Cal." Y/n said moving in to hug Callum. "Absolutely. We'll meet up before the race, yeah?" Y/n nodded before she turned to Mick and left with him.

They walked together to Mick's motorbike before he handed her a helmet to put on for safety. "Where do you wanna go?" she chirped, putting her helmet on. "Back to the hotel. I really want to rest." Mick replied. Before getting onto the motorbike. "Okay, sounds good." and away they went.

Y/n sat brushing her hair and getting ready for dinner with the team. Mick on the other hand sat overthinking everything. He didn't know why, but he'd decided to have a look at all these demigods and whatnot. It was so random and just unthinkable that be figured it might have taken his mind off it but no, it made him feel worse because of how manly and how brilliant they were. He wanted to be that for his team, for his fans, for his family, for everyone. He just didn't know how to at this moment in time.

Y/n glanced back at him and noticed something wrong so of course, she asked. The season so far had been a mess and Mick was far from happy with the results but he didn't want to stress the team out; they were doing the best they could after all. "What you looking at?" she asked. Mick took a deep breath in and exhaled. "I've just been reading a lot of mythology and stuff liebling." Mick muttered, not looking away from the phone. Y/n looked back at him through the mirror. "And what exactly have you been reading about?" she asked. "I've been reading Greek mythology. I don't know why, just felt like reading up on it a bit."

She turned around in her chair and looked at him worriedly. "You and I both know there's a different meaning behind you reading this stuff so what is it Mick?" He honestly should have known better than to lie. She could read him like a book at this point "What if I'm just not good enough? Sure I reached Q2 once but I haven't scored any points!" Mick was getting agitated with himself. "You look at these guys like Achilles, Hercules even Batman and that Spiderman guy, they're like the ideal guy and I'm just-" His head fell into his hands. "I'm just a fuck up." Y/n walked over to him and sat down in front of him. "No, you aren't, Mick. You-" Mick stood up and began walking around in frustration. "No, no, no. I can't even race right! I'm running around like some-" He paused trying to think of what he should say. "some honk and it's fucking frustrating!" Mick wasn't one to curse so it really showed how fucked over he felt.

"Mick-" She paused to think about what she was going to say now. She didn't want to stutter or mess it up. "Mick, I'm not looking for somebody with some superhuman gifts. All those people like Achilles and Hercules had flaws. Achilles died young, Hercules had a few girlfriends, all Batman has is money and spiderman's girlfriend was killed by some supervillain, you can't rely on them. They're pretty lousey boyfriends, but I know I can rely on you Mick." She said cupping his cheeks and looking into his bouncing blue eyes. "You can't expect too much of yourself, you've said it yourself before. You're doing all you can do and I'm so proud of you for that." Y/n placed a soft kiss onto his nose as he listened to her soft, comforting words, instantly feeling at home and at ease. She figured going out for dinner might not exactly be the best thing for Mick at this moment in time and tried to come up with an alternative.

"How about we just sit in and watch some movies or something." Mick escaped her cupped hands, plopped back on the bed and let out a sigh. "Yeah, good idea. Let's just-" He paused. "Yeah." Y/n chuckled and lay down beside him. He was far too tired to even sit up, perks of being a formula one driver she supposed. "You really want to sleep, huh?" he nodded his head, his eyes now closed, ever so close to sleeping. "Should we just sleep then?" she asked. Mick nodded again and nuzzled into Y/n. Y/n wrapped her arms around him and pulled him in closer. She loved this man and she'd be damned if anyone could change that. This was exactly what she wanted, what she'd always wanted.

Something just like this.