(R) Toto Wolff (8)

lose
/luːz/
verb
be deprived of or cease to have or retain (something).

Requested by @madridisimo

Request: if it is possible and no pressure at all, can I request a toto wolff one shot where the reader is in a relationship with him and a bad race or something happens and he shouts/ yells at her. like they argue/ fight but them make it up to each other in the end? you can add whatever twist you want to but make it angsty?

Being Mercedes second driver was not easy to say the very least. I had a very big responsibility, but dating Toto didn't make that any easier. The racing world was very shocked when hearing of us dating. Some were supportive, whilst others weren't as nice. They accused me of "buying" my way into the seat by dating Toto. They just couldn't accept the fact that there was a female out there better than them.

I sit down on the chair in my racing room as I start doing my hair, quickly putting it in a French plait. I hear a knock on my door as I'm finishing my braid off. "Come in." I say as I secure my hair with a hair band. The door opens, revealing Toto who looks beyond stressed. "What's up? It looks like you could use a few sleeping pills." I say as I stand up and give him a quick hug and a kiss.

"Lewis just called, saying he cant make the race as his wife is giving birth. So you're our only driver out there today," He says as I raise my eyebrows, "Well I'll be damned. Listen, don't stress. I'll drive to the best of my ability. Just have some faith in me." I say as I grab both of his hands with mine. He smiles down at me and presses his lips to mine for a sweet kiss. Safe to say, he shouldn't have had faith in me.

If google needed a definition of a bad race, showing the video of my race today would be the perfect description. Everything that could've gone wrong, went wrong. First a puncture on the first lap, then another 2 throughout the race. Then Max crashes into me, forcing me to get my wing changed, and finally, I drift off the track, pushing me from a top 10 finish, to 14th. I step out of my car, dreading my conversation with Toto.

I push my way through to my drivers room, trying my utmost best to ignore Toto and avoid publicly fighting. I slam my drivers room door as I sit down on my chair with a big huff. Seconds go by until my door bursts open, revealing a clearly pissed off Toto. Before I can even speak, Toto cuts me off, "I cant believe you fucked up that badly." He says, resulting in me lifting my eyebrows as I scoff, "Toto, I didn't ask for 3 punctures, a crash and to be drifting all over the place." I say but he just shakes his head.

"Maybe if you just drove a little better, then you would've finished top 5 like you were meant to." He says as he paces all over the room. "Oh, I'm sorry I had a bad race. Forgot that when you go to Mercedes you cant afford to be human and make a few mistakes." I say as I stand up, getting ready to leave the room so I could attend my interviews, but a strong arm pulls me away.

"The fact that you chose today to have a bad race is the problem, Y/N. We needed you to win because Lewis isn't here." He says in a deep voice, his eyebrows knitted together as his jaw clenches, showing just how angry he was. "I didn't chose to have a bad race! Stop blaming me as if I purposely lost today. I tried my best to do well but everything bad happened to me all at once. I thought out of everyone, you would understand that the most. I cant believe you're actually blaming me when you were once a racer yourself. But I bet if the shoe was on the other foot and Lewis was in my position, he'd be thanked for the ride, right?" I question, finally spewing my thoughts.

Toto is silent, answering my question and assumptions. "I thought so. I'll see you back at the hotel." I say and storm off, going to do my interviews. Once I have finished my interviews, I make my way back to my hotel. I thought about getting another room to Toto, but I'm sure we will figure something out. I did feel bad for throwing the 'Lewis' bomb on him when it wasn't exactly true. I was just tired of me being treated like a dog whilst Lewis is always treated like a royal.

I open the hotel room door to see the lights dimmed and rose petals littering the floor and the bed. I walk in slowly as I admire the room, seeing all the petals and small gifts and snacks on the bed. "I wanted to say sorry for earlier." My head snaps towards the bathroom where Toto was standing with a small smile on his lips. "I shouldn't have blamed you for losing. I'm just stressed and worried about the team." He says as he inches closer to me. I smile at him and nod my head, "Its okay, I understand." I say as I walk towards him and wrap my arms around his neck. He pulls me into a tight hug as he presses quick kisses to my forehead.

"And I'm sorry you feel as if we treat Lewis better than you. You're right and we will make a change about treating you two more equally." He mumbles as he continues pressing kisses to my forehead. "I love you." I say as I look up into his brown eyes. "I love you too." He says before leaning down and pressing a quick kiss to my lips.

*****

I had time to write this and I'm so glad I did. This is so good in my opinion oms. Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed. Stay safe lovies xx