Carlos Sainz (1)

dance
/dɑːns/
verb
move rhythmically to music, typically following a set sequence of steps.

Y/N - your name

I put my white sneakers on as I place some high heels into my bag. I hear my phone start ringing as I pick it up and walk downstairs. "Hey Lex." I said as I grabbed my car keys and headed out the door. "I'm here already. How long are you gonna be?" She asked as I got into the car and started the car. "Ugh give me maybe... 5 minutes." I said as I took a right towards the dance studio.

Lex loves dancing since I've known her so for her birthday present, we were gonna go learn how to salsa so that her and her husband could surprise everyone at her wedding including myself and the best man as a joke since I was her maid of honor. The only bad thing is that I was really, really bad at dancing. I was hoping who ever was the best man could lead because if not, it was a disaster waiting to happen.

"I'll see you soon bestie. Myself and Peter are here already." She said as I stopped at a red light. "Okay no problem. I'll be there soon. Is the best man there?" I asked as I started driving once the light was green. "Yes he is and not gonna lie, he is super cute. You're lucky my friend and he is Spanish." She said as I smiled. She knew I was a sucker for Spanish men and this really just made my day.

"Haha okay great. See you soon babes." I said as I ended the call. Soon enough, I had arrived. I saw Lex standing with Peter by her side with, I'm assuming, the best man's back facing me. From what I could see, he had dark hair that was beautiful cut and was stood with a plain what shirt and fancy pants with some formal shoes on. Him and Peter were basically dress the same whilst Lex was wearing a stunning pink dress.

I look down at my outfit and cringe as I didn't consider a dress. I sigh as I look at my ripped jeans and yellow crop top and giggle to myself as I'm just stupid. I grab the bag from the passenger side and hop out the car. "Y/N!" Lex squealed as she came and hugged me. As she hugged me, I was able to see the best man. He had chocolate brown eyes and eyelashes that any girl would dream of. He had a 5 o'clock shadow and a wide smile showing his white teeth.

"Love the Outfit love. It's so you." Lex said as we laughed. "I don't know why but I didn't even consider the fact that we are learning to salsa." I said as she shook her head at me. "Classic Y/N move." She sad as I shoved her lightly. "Hey Peter." I said as we walked towards them. "Y/N! It's been awhile." He said as he gave me a quick hug. "This is Carlos, the best man." He said as he pointed at the smiling Spanish man.

"Hi Y/N." he said as he opened his arms. I accepted as I hugged him back, taking in his strong cologne. "Let's get going shall we." Lex said as we pulled apart. I looked into his eyes as he did the same, giving me a smile as he started walking in. Holy shit, he really was hot.

We put our names on the sheet of paper and walked into the room where we would have the dancing lesson. "Hi ladies and gentleman. I'm Sasha, your dancing instructor with my partner Sergio." She said as Sergio waved at us. "So we are first gonna get the basics so we will first start with the flat shoes you guys have on and then we will go to the heels, ladies." She said as we nodded.

The start was all fun and games and pretty easy. We were only dancing with an imaginary person so that we didn't step on our partners feet. "Carlos amazing!" She screamed as she smiled at Carlos. He smiled back as she placed her hand on his shoulder. I frowned as I looked at Sergio, him mimicking my movement. "Is she hitting on Carlos?" Lex questioned as I looked at her. "So you are seeing what I'm seeing." I said as we giggled.

"Alright! Let's get dancing with our partners." Sergio said as we nodded. "Y/N, you're with Carlos right?" Sasha questioned as I nodded, smiling. "Well, Sergio is gonna dance with you if that's okay." She said as Lex looked at her. "Well-" Lex started but I stopped her. "Yeah but he is gonna be my partner at my friends wedding so near the end, I do need some type of practice with him." I said as she sighed. "As you wish." Sasha said as she pulled Carlos away. "Y/N, why?" She asked as I shook my head.

"I'm the end, you're here to learn the dance. I don't want to cause unnecessary tension." I said as she nodded, understanding where I was coming from. "I'll make sure that we giver her a bad Yelp review." She said as we laughed, seeing the good in this uncomfortable situation. "Hey Y/N. I'll have to be your partner since..." Sergio started but I smiled at him, indicating he didn't need to continue.

We started with the flat shoes but as we got more comfortable, I put on my heels. It wasn't bad but my two left feet did make it more difficult when it came to turns. I stepped on Sergio's shoe as I sighed. "I'm sorry." I said as he shook his head. "Don't worry, I've definitely had worse." He said as we laughed. I looked over at Carlos as he was frowning at us. I didn't know why he was as I looked at Lex, her looking at Carlos with the same confusing eyes a I had. She looked at me and shrugged.

The lesson continued until Sasha came walking my way. "Hey! Do you still need Carlos?" She asked as I nodded. "Please. We do need to practice." I said as she rolled her eyes. "Excuse me Sash, I think you forgot about your husband you left behind." Sergio said from behind me as I looked at him. Oh no.

Sasha and Sergio started speaking Spanish as we all just watched. Carlos was the only one who understood what was happening as he told them something in Spanish which made them stop. The door flew open as a man in a pink shirt and black pants eyed Sasha and Sergio. "You two, out." He said as they followed him outside.

After a few seconds, the man in the pink shirt came inside. "Amigos! Sorry about that but I will continue the rest of this lesson. I'll play the music while you lovers feeeeeel the music in your bones!" She said as he danced which made all of us smile and giggle at his cuteness. Carlos walked over to me and smiled, "Hey you." He said as I smiled at him.

"You ready?" He asked as I shrugged, "I'm not exactly the best at dancing but it won't be a disaster if that helps." I said as he laughed. I knew it wasn't gonna be a disaster because I was watching Carlos the whole time and man that boy could move. We started the dance which was the very simple part of the song. I couldn't help but get butterflies at his hand gripped my waist.

"You're very beautiful by the way Y/N." he said in my ear as I blushed. He twirled me around. I almost fell over but he grabbed me and pulled me close. "You're not bad yourself Carlos." I said with a smile. We finished our dance as the new instructor clapped. "The lesson is over but wow, you guys don't look like you need another lesson. Beautiful!" He said as we thanked him.

As we walked out, I couldn't stop looking at Carlos. "This was fun." I said as she smiled and gave me a hug. "We need to get going so I'll call you later. Love you bestie." Lex said as her and Peter waved myself and Carlos goodbye. She sent me a wink, clearly sensing something between myself and Carlos. I rolled my eyes at her but smiled. "This was fun. I hope to see you next time." Carlos said as we walked towards my car. "Definitely." I said as I smiled at him.

"I know we just met but I'd love to get to know you more..." he trailed off as I looked at him. I leaned against my car as I smiled at him, earning a smile and a blush back. "Would you like to go out sometime?" He asked as I looked down, feeling a smile creep its way onto my face. "I'd love to Carlos." I said as he smiled at me. "Perfect." He said as he looked down at his watch.

"I need to rush home for something. I'll get your number from Lex. Have an amazing day further bonita." He said as he kissed my cheek softly and ran to his car. I got into my car as I couldn't stop smiling like a mad person. I started the car and headed home, excited for when myself and Carlos would go on a date.

*****

Hi guys! I hope you enjoyed! I thought this was cute even though I don't even know if Carlos can dance😂 Stay safe everyone!