Lando Norris (2)

burn
/bəːn/
verb
(of a fire) flame or glow while consuming a material such as coal or wood.

Y/N - your name

I smile as I stand in front of my boyfriend of 2 years front door. I clutch my suitcase close to me as I grab the keys Lando gave me on our 1 year anniversary and put the key in the lock. I open the door as I take a step inside and close it softly behind me.

I had been gone for 3 months on business, modeling for Vogue. We were traveling Africa, Europe and South America to get the best pictures possible. I was excited to say the least but I hated the fact that I had to leave Lando behind back in England. I still remember how heartbroken he was when I told him. He was happy for me but he hated how he couldn't see me during his free time.

I was meant to be gone for 4 months but it was cut short due to a few of the models getting very ill and they decided to just end it sooner rather than later and potentially put us all in danger and the girls who were ill. As soon as I heard the rest of the trip was cancelled, I booked a flight back to England as soon as possible.

I couldn't wait to see the love of my life again. We met at one of his F2 races. I accidentally walked into him and spilled coffee all over his race suite. I felt so bad but he just laughed it off. I said I would pay him back for however much the suite cost but he shook his head and just told me if I went on a date with him, all would be forgotten. Since then, we've been in a very healthy and happy relationship.

Obviously we had our fights but none ever put a threat on our relationship. We often fought about distance as it was the major strain on our relationship because of how often he travels as well as me. At the beginning of our relationship, I didn't travel much as I wasn't that important in the modeling industry but as time passed, the more recognition I received.

Within a year of our relationship, I was traveling more than Lando. It was tough, of course, but we made sure to talk as often as possible and make free time where we could. This trip was the only exception as he couldn't visit due to the limited amount of people that could travel with us as well as my schedule was also super crazy so for Lando to come and visit would've been stupid as I wouldn't have spent a lot of time with him.

I smile as I hear him shouting at his computer. That boy and his games. As I walk further into the living room, a smell of burnt toast or bread was filling my nostrils. I pull a face as I look to the kitchen and see smoke. "Oh my god Lando." I say to myself as I knew even if I did shout, he wouldn't hear. I run quickly into the kitchen and take his, now burnt, burger buns out of the oven.

"Why does he need to toast his burger buns?" I question to myself as I shake my head and chuckle and place the burger buns on a plate that was out. "Oh my god, my food!" I hear him shout a he throws something down as I shake my head. I decide to prank him as I hide inside the empty cupboard next to the sink. That was the benefits of being just 160cm.

"Shit!" He shouts just as I close the door and looks in the oven. "Where are the buns?" He questions as I see him looking around from the little opening I had. I softly giggle as his nose and eyebrows scrunch together. He notices the buns on the plate, "Who is here?" He asked as he grabbed the pan that was on the stove. I must admit, he looked like Rapunzel from Tangled.

"Lando!" I shout as I jump out at him. "Ahh!" He shouts as he jumps back and throws the pan in my direction. I dodge it with ease as I look at him on the floor. "Fuck sakes Y/N." he said as he stood up but then looked at me with wide eyes. "Oh my god, Y/N!" He shouted as he attacked me in a bone crushing hug. "Hey love." I said as I chuckle at his cuteness.

"Why are you back so soon?" He questioned as he pulled away and gave me a long and needy kiss on the lips. "Some of the girls got ill so they sent us back home." I said as he smiled at me. I admired his light blue shirt that hugged his upper body, especially his arms, and his cute glasses that make him look even sexier than normal. "I'm so happy that you're back." He said as he hugged me again.

"I missed you a lot, muppet." I said as he chuckled. He pulled away as he stared at me. "So what are you gonna do with your lunch?" I asked with a slight smirk on my face as he scratched the back of his neck. "I'll just have to eat it on bread." He said as he walked over to the bread tin and grabbed the brown bread. I shook my head as I looked at him. "I can run to the shops if you want me too." "No, don't stress. I just want you in my arms." He said as I gave him a soft smile.

"Go carry on playing. I'll make your burger/ sandwich for you." I said as he gave me a smile and kissed my lips. "Mhm, I've missed your lips." He said as I smiled at him and bit my lip. "I know you missed other things but I guess we'll just have to do that later." I said with a wink as he gave me a cheeky grin "You bet." He said as he walked off. As he walked off, he slapped my butt as I glared at him, which earned a laugh from him. On his way out, he grabbed the burnt buns, possibly to show his fans just how blonde he really is.

I shake my head as I grab the brown bread with a smile tugging at my lips as I am so happy to be back with the love of my life.

*****