Charles Leclerc (10)

seat
/siːt/
noun
a thing made or used for sitting on, such as a chair or stool

Y/N - your name

I wrap my thick coat around me tighter as I wait for the bus to arrive. I sigh as the wind blows, making me shiver in the cold, winter weather of Austria. I was visiting an old friend from when we were younger, but I definitely came at the wrong time. Who would've thought it could get this fucking cold?

I smile slightly as I see the bus arrive, making me very happy. Looking at the size of the bus and the many people that were surrounding me, I knew for a fact that not all of us would fit in, meaning some of us would have to wait until the next bus arrives, which would take only 20 minutes but in this cold that's pushing it.

I try to move as far forward as possible, pushing past a few people so that I could get in the bus as quickly as possible. The bus stops and I'm able to get into the bus quickly. I move towards the back, sitting right next to the window. I look outside to see the group of people trying to push their way through the bus. My eyes land on a good looking boy who was in a Ferrari hoodie and beanie. He looked beyond freezing as he was shaking his head, angry that he would possible have to wait.

I look to the seat by me to see that it's empty. I look back outside to see him just walk inside the bus. I place my bag on the seat as people frown at me. "Sorry, I'm saving it for my boyfriend. He is new here." I say as they all nod their head, still angry rightly so. The man walks through as he sighs, see that there were no free seats. "Hey! I save you a seat, babe." I say as I look at him.

He frowns at me about to speak, probably about to question if I was confusing him for someone else, but I lift up my eyebrows. He seems to get my hint as he walks towards me. "Thanks babe." He says as he gives me a quick hug. "This means a lot to me." He whispers in my ear as I smile at him. His accent was definitely unfamiliar to me, meaning he was probably was looking a tourist just like me. The bus starts moving as we remain silent. I scroll through Instagram, waiting for the 20 minute bus ride to finally be over so I could have a nice hot bath.

"So how come you saved me a seat and not someone else?" The man next to me randomly asks. I look at him and shrug, "Ugh, I felt like being nice. To be fair, I could see how cold you were waiting in the cold in a single hoodie." I say as he chuckles. "To be fair, I didn't expect to be outside." He says as I raise my eyebrows. Before I can question him, he interrupts me, "Oh! I'm Charles by the way." He says as he extends me his hand. "I'm Y/N." I say as I shake his hand.

"So Y/N, why are you in this bus?" He asks as he turns a little to face me better. I place my phone down on my lap as I also turn a little to face him better. "I'm visiting a friend and I didn't rent a car. I thought I'd just use the bus, but I really didn't expect to be waiting in such cold weather." I say as he chuckles. "Are you currently on leave from work?" He asks as I shake my head no, "Nah, I'm studying and it's currently holiday for us." I say as he nods his head, clearly interested in our conversation.

"What you studying?" He asks. "I'm studying engineering." I say as he nod his head. "And are you also studying or working?" I ask as he laughs, "I'm actually a driver for Ferrari." He says as he points to his hoodie and beanie. "Oh wow, I thought you were just a super fan." I say as we share a small laugh with each other. "So what is a Ferrari and Formula 1 driver doing in the bus?" I ask as he shakes his head. "It's actually such a stupid story." He says as I shrug, "We have time." I say as he nods, "Fair enough." He says as he looks away, shaking his head.

"So, I'm driving the car they gave us to drive in Austria for the Grand Prix this weekend, but it randomly broke down in the middle of the highway. So I called the towing company and they collected the car, but I didn't understand them so when they told me to get in the towing truck with them, as I'm assuming they told me, I just nodded my head and looked around pretending to be enjoying myself so they just left me." He says as I bite my lip, trying to suppress my laugh.

"No way." I squeak out, trying my best not to laugh. "You know what's the funny thing, we have a whole team of racing engineers and I have a god damn teammate, but none of them clearly know how to answer a phone call so here I am." He says as I cover my mouth with my hand. "Please just laugh. It's pains me to see you holding in a laugh so badly." He says with a smile.

I start giggling, "I mean, you really can't write that.' I say as he shakes his head, "Tell me about it. Just my luck. If that's any indication of how this weekend is gonna go, I swear I'm just gonna stay in my hotel room on Sunday." He says as we laugh again. "So where are you racing next weekend?" I ask, changing the subject. "I'm racing here again." He says as I raise my eyebrows, realizing that I'm still here for another two weeks. "Maybe I can steal myself a ticket and come watch you. It's the least I can do after you told me such an embarrassing story." I say as he chuckles.

"No need to steal a ticket, I could just invite you if you're interested." He says as I smile at him, "Seriously? I've never been to a race before." I say as he smiles even wider. "Well, that's an even better reason to bring you." He says as I feel myself blush. "You really don't have to." I say as he shakes his head, "I'd actually like that. It's nice to finally befriend another person here that's not from any F1 team." He says as I smile at him.

The bus suddenly stops as I look outside, seeing that it's my stop. "Shit, that's my stop." I say as he nods his head. "I'll see you soon, Y/N." he says as I nod, "See you soon, Charles." I say as I stand up. He gives me a quick hug as he sits back down. I wave him goodbye one last time as I walk down the stairs. As the bus doors close and he drives off, I stop in my tracks and shake my head. "And I didn't even get his fucking number." I say out loud as I smack my forehead.

The bus suddenly stops in the middle of the road as Charles rushes off the bus towards me. I watch him in fascination as he hands me his phone, "Please can I have your number? I know for a fact I'm no FBI agent and I'll never be able to find you on Instagram." He says as I chuckle. I enter my digits in quickly and hand it back to him. He quickly kisses my cheek and says goodbye, rushing back to the bus.

"Now that is true love." I hear someone says as I feel my cheeks heat up. I make my way back to my hotel with a stupid smile playing on my lips and a hint of pink of my cheeks, reading the text messages from Charles stating how we should meet earlier and go on a date.

*****

This was kinda cute. Anwayyyy, hope y'all enjoyed. Stay safe lovies xx