Lance Stroll (1) pt 2

Make up
Verb
be reconciled after a quarrel.

Y/N - your name

"Your father is a passionate man. He wants perfection but like most fathers that are passionate about their child's profession, perfection can't be achieved because it actually doesn't exist." I say as he nods and looks at me. "Thank you Y/N." "Not an issue. Would you like to maybe go and get something to eat? Take your mind off of everything." I ask as he nods and smiles at me as he didn't have his mask on. "Sure."

-

I let the warm water run down my back as I take a needed shower before going to dinner with Lance. I grab my shampoo and spread it all over my head as I wash my long hair. I sigh as I step under the water, washing away the shampoo. "Y/N! You need to hurry up! It's already 5 and you still need to get your hair done!" My best friend, Retha, shouts as I sigh. "I'm about to finish." I lie as I grab the conditioner.

I finish off my shower by shaving my legs and washing my body. I step out of the shower and dry my hair and straighten it. I walk out of the bathroom to see my tall best friend holding out two dresses. "I like these two." She says. I roll my eyes, "I was just gonna wear a pair of jeans and a nice shirt." I say as I sit down on my hotel bed, my towel clinging onto my body. "What? Don't you wanna impress Lance?" She questions as I scoff.

"I don't like him like that, Retha." I say and look anywhere but her face. I look at my feet until I hear Retha clear her throat. I look at her to see her with her hands on her hips and a cheeky smile. "You totally do." "I don't! I only invited him for dinner because he looks like he needs some support." I say in defense as I look down at my feet again. "But you didn't need to." She says, causing me to sigh. "I also didn't need to be your best friend." "Yeah, but you chose to be my friend." She says with a smirk playing on her red stained lips.

I sigh and stand up, "I like this dress." I say as I point at the black dress. "Good." She says as she hands it to me. I put the dress on and look at my appearance in the mirror. The dress hugs my curves and goes down to my mid thigh. I smile, "I like it." I say as I see Retha nod in the corner of my eye. "I was hoping you'd pick that dress. The pink dress probably wouldn't have suited you." She says as I nod in agreement. "Remember my bright pink prom dress?" I ask as she chuckles and nods.

"Can't believe your mom betrayed you like that." She says causing us both to laugh. She looks down at her watch, "You better get some makeup on, he'll be here in 10 minutes." She says as my eyes go wide. "Shit." I say and run to my makeup bag. I apply very little makeup as I also wasn't the biggest fan anyway. I look at Retha as she nods in approval. "Here are some shoes." She says as she tosses a pair of black high heels at me. I place them on my feet and finally squirt some perfume on me.

"You look stunning friend." Retha says as I smile and give her a quick hug. Before I can thank her, there is a knock at the door. "See you at 10pm." I say as she gives me a smile. "And remember Y/N, if you feel the need to kiss him, do it. Don't resist it." She says as I scoff. "I won't need to." I say as she smiles. "You never know." She says. I roll my eyes and wave her goodbye. I grab my handbag with my phone and purse inside and open the door.

Standing outside was a nervous looking Lance in a pair of dark blue jeans and a smart white shirt with the two buttons at the top undone. He looks down into my eyes and gives me a charming smile. "Hey, Y/N." he says as I smile. "Hey Lance. Ready?" I question as he nods. I step outside and close my door. "So where are we going?" I ask as we walk to the elevator. "You'll see." He says with a cheeky grin playing on his plump lips.

-

"That pasta was amazing." I say as I sit back and rub my stomach. He chuckles and takes a sip of his red wine. "That is why this place is my favorite place in Italy." He says with a smile. "Want desert?" He asks as I shake my head. "We meant to be on diet." I say but he scoffs in response. "We can share an ice cream." He says with a smile. "Ugh, fine." I say as he gives me an even bigger smile.

We order a bowl of ice cream and wait until the waitress is gone. I take a sip of my wine as I stare at Lance to see he is already staring at me. "Are you feeling better after this afternoon?" I ask as I see his smile slightly fades away. "Sorta. I got another lecture as I arrived back at my hotel room." He says with a sad smile. "Listen Lance, you are a great driver. Yes, your dad and a lot of others give you shit but you are really talented. Remember, race for you. Not anyone else." I say as I grab his hand across the table.

I see his cheeks turn a light shade of red under the dim lighting of the restaurant. "Thank you, Y/N." he says as he gives my hand a small squeeze. "It's a pleasure." I say and smile at the Canadian. Our ice cream arrives as we enjoy the amazing Italian ice cream. Lance pays for our food, much to my disappointment, and leave the restaurant. "Ready to go home?" I ask as he shakes his head. "I want to show you something." He say as I nod and follow him down the street.

We make it to a dimly lit alley way as I stare at Lance. "Is this where you kill me?" I ask as he chuckles. "We almost there." He says as we walk further into the alley way. "And I wouldn't hurt you anyway." He says softly as I smile and feel my cheeks heat up. We walk a little further until we turn to a little park where there was barely anyone. "What's this?" I question as we walk towards a bench and sit down. "It's a little park that I always come to in Italy mainly because no one really knows about it. Only the really old locals." He says as he motions to all the old people by it.

"Why did we have to come through an alley way?" I question as I feel the cool breeze blow on my skin. I shiver as I look up at Lance. "It's a really old park. The buildings block the park and as you can see over there, the sea is in our way." He says as he points behind us to the ocean. I nod and smile. "Why did you bring me here?" "I always come here to relax and calm down. I feel like I should show you it since you helped me quite a bit today." He says as I smile and look up at him to see him staring at me already.

"That's sweet. Thank you Lance." I say as I shiver once again. Lance places his arm around me and pulls me close to him. I nuzzle into the side of him and instantly warm up. It's silent for awhile but a comfortable silence. "Thank you for today, Y/N." Lance says. I pull away and look up at him. "Thank you too, Lance." I say as I see him smile under the light from the full moon.

Lance starts leaning in making my heart beat faster. I feel myself panic until I remember what Retha said. I feel my eyes close as I lean in too and finally our lips meet. The kiss is sweet and fireworks go off inside me as cliche as it sounds. His hand caresses my cheek whilst the other lays on my thigh carefully. My hands are placed on his chest and lightly move up to his neck.

We pull away breathless as we stare at each other. "And to think you called me a spoiled brat earlier today." Lance says causing me to laugh. "Well, I was terribly, terribly mistaken." I say as I place my lips on his once more.

*****

Is there a sea in Italy? I take tourism in school and still don't know. Oh well, we can have an imagination for this imagine because this is such a cute imagine. I hope y'all enjoyed. Stay safe lovies!xx