George Russell (8)

roof
/ruːf/
noun
the structure forming the upper covering of a building or vehicle.

Y/N - your name

"Goodbye, Y/N. Have a good holiday!" My coworker, Ben, shouts as he waves me goodbye. I wave him goodbye, "Thanks Ben. You too, and don't get too drunk this long weekend." I say with a wink. "I can't make any promises, Y/N." He says as I shake my head, laughing at the elderly man.

I get into my car and let out a sigh of relief, happy I'm finally off of work. Being a pharmacist, especially during the pandemic, has been hectic. Our previous over time hours has become our normal and average working hours. I work from the early mornings into the late evenings, sometimes having to run into the hospital and assist in trying to find a new vaccine or bettering our current one. It definitely wasn't healthy, but I would do anything to save people's lives.

By far the hardest this has been on is George. George as I have been together since we were kids, being the classic best friends who turn into lovers. It wasn't intentional, but love shouldn't be like that anyway. With the F1 season beginning, he was constantly busy. But when he did have free time, I was never there for him. He understood, he didn't have a choice, but it was still hard on him and rightly so.

I switch the car on, the air conditioner blows automatically, circulating the minty air in my car from my air freshener. I start the long drive home, enjoying the soft classical music on the radio and the stunning purple, yellow, and orange sunset before my eyes. By the time I reach home, the sun has almost faded behind the mountains, but still leaving a slight orange color behind.

I park the car out front and get out of the car, walking to the front door with my coat and some files in hand. I open the door to some soft music playing and the smell of Alfredo floods through my nostrils. "I'm home!" I shout as I hang my coat up and slip my shoes off. "My princess." George says softly as he looks over at me. I smile wide as I walk towards him and hug him tightly. "I missed you." I say as George hums, agreeing with me.

I pull away and nod towards the upstairs, "I'm just gonna pack these away, get showered and then I'll come for dinner." I say as he nods, "Tomorrow we are gonna shower together." He says as he sends me a wink. I roll my eyes as I walk upstairs, "What ever you say Jack Russell." I say as I look over my shoulder to see him standing with his hands in his hips and a cheeky smile on his thin lips.

I walk upstairs and pack away my files in the office. I then make my way towards the shower, making sure I shower and get dressed as quick as possible. I walk downstairs, dressed in a pair of shorts and one of George's Williams hoodies. "Dinner is served." He says just as I walk in. I smile at him and thank him. We sit down and enjoy the small meal with each other, only sharing a few words with each other.

I help George clean up before he turns towards me, "Wanna go and sit up on the roof together?" He asks as I raise my eyebrows, "How come the roof?" I ask as he shrugs, "It's a beautiful night." He says as he wraps his long arms around me. "That sounds very nice actually." I say as he cheers, "Lets go!" He exclaims as he grabs my hand and drags me outside.

George climbs up first, using the ladder we always keep on the side of the house since we often have leaks and have to patch them up. I climb up after him and follow him to see a small blanket and pillows already laid out. "Wow, you were prepared anyway." I say as he nods proudly, "I knew you wouldn't say no." He says as he sits down. He opens his arms, "Come join me." He says as I smile down at him.

I walk towards him and fall into his arms, letting out a sigh of relief and happiness. "I'm so glad we actually have some time together." I say as he nods, "Agreed. It's been hard these past few months. How much longer do you think you'll be working over time?" He asks as I shrug, "I have no clue, but I don't think it will be stopping anytime soon." I answer honestly as he nods his head.

"Do you think you'll be able to take next weekend off?" He asks as I sit up and look up into his blue eyes, "I'm not sure, why?" I ask, despite knowing why he was asking. "It's the Monaco GP and I really want you there." He says as I smile at him, "I'll have to ask my boss, but I'm sure he will say yes since I haven't taken any form of leave for almost a year now." I say as he nods his head.

"I hope you can come. I can't wait to show you around. It's such a beautiful place." He says as he enters his own little world. "Hopefully you'll be driving in the Mercedes through those roads soon." I say as he chuckles, "I hope so too. I can't wait to show everyone how talented I am." He says. I scoff, "Babe, you do that already. I mean, despite being in a slow car, you drive that car so well. Who cares if you don't get the points. You still drive ridiculously well." I say as he laughs.

"You're just saying that because you're my girlfriend." He says as he poke my sides, causing me to flinch away from how it tickles me. "But as your girlfriend, I wouldn't lie to you." I say with my eyebrows raised. "Ahh, my smart girl. No wonder you're a pharmacist." He says as I laugh at him. I lean back into George, pressing my back up against his chest.

We sit in silence like this for a little while, admiring the bright stars that illuminates the night sky. I trace the stars, seeing what shapes or objects I could make until I'm disrupted, "I love you." George says as I sit up once again and look at him. "I love you too." I say as I caress his soft cheek. George leans down and presses his lips onto mine, giving me a slow and passionate kiss, showing me just how much he loved me.

*****

I definitely need to write more George imagines. Anyway, hope you enjoyed this cute little imagine I thought of. Stay safe lovies xx