Mick Schumacher (3)

tombstone
/ˈtuːmstəʊn/
noun
a large, flat inscribed stone standing or laid over a grave.

Y/N - your name
Y/D/N - your dads name
Y/D/S - your dads surname

I wake up in a cold sweat, tears streaming down my face making me sigh and sit up in my bed. I turn on my bedside lamp on and look at myself in the mirror, seeing that I looked like a mess. Hair everywhere, bags under my eyes and pale skin and lips. I sigh and stand up and sit by my mirror, grabbing the pictures of myself and my father that are framed on my vanity.

I sigh, "I miss you, Papa." I say, barely above a whisper. I let out a sigh, letting the tears fall down my cheeks softly and stand up. I grab my shoes and put them on along with a jacket. I open my window and hop out, climbing down using the ladder I placed there a few days ago. Once I've reached the bottom, I check my phone making sure that it was a time my mom wasn't awake.

I smile seeing 3am, knowing very well that she has gone to sleep or is doing what I was doing, crying on her bed. I take in a deep breath and start my journey to the cemetery. It wasn't a long walk but it was a nice walk to just be by yourself. It was also luckily a safe walk, knowing I wouldn't get kidnapped here or anything.

After a few minutes, I arrive at the cemetery, seeing that the gate was open like always. I walk in and start my journey to the back of the cemetery where my dads grave was. I look around and notice a few workers around, cleaning everything. I wave at them as they wave back, knowing me very well as I come here quite often since my dad passed away a month ago.

I take a turn to the left once reaching basically the end of the cemetery and walk to my dad grave, noticing fresh flowers at his grave, probably form my mother. I sit down in front of his tombstone and read the writing like I do every time I come, "Y/D/N Y/D/S, a loving and caring father that will be missed. 3 January 1978 - 12 August 2020."

I let out a shaky sigh as I feel the tears stream down my face. "Hey papa. I hope you're doing well. So I started online classes today. They sucked to be fair. University is getting quite tough. We are currently learning about the heart. It's pretty tricky but it's very interesting." I say as I pick at the grass around the grave. "I miss you, papa. I miss you so god damn much. Nothing has been the same since you left." I say, tasting my salty tears as they continue to stream down my face.

"Papa, mama hasn't left the house since you passed. She never stops crying too. Why did you have to go?" I question softly as my vision becomes too blurred to be able to read his tombstone once again. I look down as I let the tears stream down my face. I hear a leaf crunch making my head snap behind me, "I'm so sorry miss. I'm just here to um... just visiting someone." A young man with blonde hair says as I smile and nod at him.

"Of course. Not a problem." I say as he gives me a sympathetic smile. He sits down on the grave next to me as he lets out a soft sigh. I look over at the grave, "Michael Schumacher. A loving father to his two children, a loving husband and one of the best racers in history. You will be missed, you legend. 3 January 1969 - 23 August 2020." I read to myself as I look over at the young boy who looks numb as he stares at the tombstone.

"I'm Y/N." I say softly as he turns your me and gives me a small smile. "I'm Mick." He says extending his hand. I shake his hand and look over to the grave. "Who are you visiting?" I question as he sighs. "My father and you?" He asks as I chuckle softly, "Me too actually." I say making him chuckle. "Our fathers share the same birthday." I say as I point to my dads birthday. He chuckles, "I'm telling you, we were meant to meet each other." He says making me smile.

It's grows silent as we stare at our fathers tombstones. "If you don't mind me asking, how did your father pass?" He questions as I sigh, "He was really ill. He got some rare muscle illness and it basically ate away his muscle and he couldn't live any longer." I say biting on my lip to stop the tears from flowing. "I'm sorry love." He says as I feel him place a hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay. And your father?" I question as he sighs and shakes his head, "He got into an accident whilst skiing. He went brain dead and... and we had to pull the plug." He says as I see tears forming in his eyes. "It's okay to cry, Mick." I say as he nods. He looks over to me and burst into tears. I pull him into a tight hug as we cry on each other's shoulder. "It's gonna be okay. We will get through this." I say to him as I hear him sniffle.

It's silent until we both stop crying. He pulls away and smiles at me, "So what are your plans for the rest of the night? Well umm morning?" He questions with a slight chuckle. "I can't sleep so probably just lay in bed and you?" I question as he nods, "Same. Wanna go get some breakfast. I know a place that is open 24/7." He says making me smile. "I'd love to but I don't have money." I say but he shakes his head. "My treat." He says making me smile. "Let's go." I say as we stand up and make our way to the restaurant.

-

Myself and Mick arrive back at my house in fits of giggles, "I can't believe your dad did that! What a jokester." I say making him laugh loudly. "Thank you for this morning Y/N. I really needed this." He says as I smile up at him, getting lost in his blue eyes that were bright in the morning light. "I needed this too, Mick. Thank you. I haven't laughed about my dad since he passed." I say as he nods. "Same. I think this was fate." He says making me blush, "I think so too."

Before I can say another word, Mick presses his lips on mine making butterflies form in my tummy. I wrap my arms around his neck as he pulls me closer by my waist. I pull away as I look up at him, "Thank you, Mick." I say. He presses another kiss to my lips, "No, thank you Y/N." he says as he pulls away. "Cemetery tonight?" He questions as I nod. "Of course." I say making him smile from ear to ear. "Get some sleep, love." He says as he starts walking away. "You too, mister." I say pointing my finger at him. "I promise I will if you do." He says as I nod. "Pinky promise." I say lifting my finger.

*****

Did I almost cry writing this? You bet. I need to stop this😔 I'm sorry that I used Michael but it just worked well. As far as I know, nothing has been said on his state at the moment but I hope he is doing well. I hope y'all enjoyed! Btw CONGRATS MICK. I'm so happy he made it into F1. He totally deserves it. Before we know it, he's gonna be racing in Ferrari just like his dad☺️ Stay safe lovies xx