Charles Leclerc (8)

arrest
ˈrɛst/
verb
seize (someone) by legal authority and take them into custody.

I look at my best friend, Charles, with a raised eyebrow as he cheekily smiles down at me. "No."I say as he scoffs, "Oh come on, Y/N! Just live your life for once." He says causing me to roll my eyes, "Charles, its a stupid idea." I say with a shrug as I lean more on my bed and focus back on my romantic novel, "We will graffiti a wall! What's so stupid about that?" He asks as I scoff and look up at him, "We could get arrested." I say as he laughs.

"Please, Y/N, you know the police. And plus, I'm Charles Leclerc." He says making me look up at him with a smile, "God, can your ego get any bigger? You're suffocating me." I say before he smacks my thigh, making me gasp as I hit him back. "Please Y/N! Just this once." He says as he gives me his puppy dog eyes, my biggest weakness.

"God, I hate you. Fine." I say as I stand up. He jumps up and celebrates as if he's won the world title before rushing downstairs and getting all the supplies ready. I reluctantly get up, not really into committing a crime for fun. I was a goodie girl, never getting into trouble, even at 20 years old. I was the golden child with the scholarship and I didn't want tp ruin it, but Charles definitely had this effect on me.

I walk downstairs, putting my jacket on me as I smile at Charles who has everything in a black duffle bag, "Looks like you're smuggling drugs." I say as he laughs, "Maybe I am. Now come, lets get going." He says as he walks out the front door first. We take a short walk until we arrive in an alley with a blank brick wall.

"So what are we painting?" I ask as Charles places the bag down, "Whatever your heart desires." He says as he tosses me a black spray can. I shrug and get started on a stickman. Not my fault I'm not artistic. I draw a car next to it and label it Charles. "You're rude." I hear Charles says as I laugh evilly, "Come on! You cant even deny that it doesn't look like you." I say as I point at the stickman, "Whatever blows your hair back." He says as he finishes up drawing the Ferrari logo.

I cant help but admire the young man, admiring everything physically about him. How his arms moves and flexes every time he spray paints a line. How he bites his bottom lip when concentrating on his drawing. How he looks over at me and sends me a friendly wink. I was so head over heels for this guy, but I knew he didn't feel the same.

Despite not being in a relationship anymore, I knew he only saw me as a friend and there's nothing wrong with that. It just sucks on my behalf. I'm snapped out of my daydream as I hear two guys shouting, "Hey! You two! Come here!" Two cops shout at us. "Run!" Charles says as he grabs my hand. We make a run for it, sprinting in the opposite direction. We run all over the place trying to lose the cops. Eventually, Charles finds a small space in the brick that you couldn't see at this time of night.

Charles pulls me close to him and places his hand over my mouth. We stand in silence as we wait for the cops to move away from the area. I look up at Charles, getting lost in his eyes that were very dilated. Charles moves his hand away as he places his hands on my wait. I feel myself leaning in along with Charles until our lips meet in the middle.

The kiss is gentle, not rough at all as our lips move in sync. Charles swipes his tongue along my bottom lip. I give him access as he deepens the kiss. After what feels like forever, we pull away as we look up at each other. I look away and notice that the cops have gone. "Umm... I think we should get going before the cops come back." I say as he clears his throat and nods in agreement.

And with that, we made our way back home in awkward silence. Not one word was uttered throughout the whole walk home. I walked just ahead of Charles, thinking about the kiss and how it felt so amazing. But the real question was, "Did it actually mean anything?" I question softly to myself as we reach my house.

I turn around to be faced with a shy looking Charles. "About that..." I trail off as he chuckles, "Y/N, I don't know about you but that kiss meant a lot to me. I am madly in love with you as stupid and cheesy it sounds to be in love with your best friend but I've just never had the guts to talk to you about it. I always thought you saw me as a friend." He says as I smile at him.

"I've actually liked you for such a long time." I say as we both chuckle. "Wanna go on a proper date? Maybe to the skate park as I know you love it so much." Charles says making me smile from ear to ear. "How can I say no to you?" And with that, I place my lips on his for another kiss, sealing the night off.

*****