Lando Norris (28)

rain
/reɪn/
noun
the condensed moisture of the atmosphere falling visibly in separate drops

Y/N - your name

"And Y/N wins the Dutch Gran Prix!" Crofty shouts as the whole McLaren crew cheers in excitement. "Y/N, you're a race winner. Congrats!" My engineer, Darren, says as I scream in excitement. "Thank you guys so much for the opportunity. I hope we can work together in the future and have many more wins." I say as I feel the tears stream down my face. "You've done the whole team, Daniel and yourself proud. Well done." Zak says as I drive to first place.

I celebrate with the team, jumping on all of them and doing the famous champagne spray. As I make my way down for interview, I feel my phone ring. I answer the FaceTime to see Daniel on the other side. "Well done you chop!" He shouts making me chuckle. "Thanks Dan." I say as I chuckle at his childlike smile. "Thank goodness you're not taking my place next week, otherwise I'd be losing my job." He says as I laugh, "Nah, you're amazing Dan. Listen, I've gotta go. Thank you for calling me." I say as he nods and waves me goodbye before ending the call.

Interviews go smoothly, the normal questions asked and answered before I make my way to the hotel room, ready to celebrate with a nice McDonalds burger. I enjoy my meal by myself, enjoying it like this over anything else as I enjoy my alone time much more than partying my life away. A knock on my door catches my attention as I walk and open it to see desert laying on the floor under my nose. I pick it up, along with the letter and read it.

"I never congratulated you in person and I'm sorry. Congrats - from Lando." I read as I smile. Shame, he had a tough race and was busy with all the engineers after so I definitely wasn't holding anything against him. I sit down on the bed and enjoy the cake he sent up, simple vanilla cake, before hitting the hay.

-

Loud pattering wakes me up from my deep sleep, causing me to groan. I turn over and switch on my phone seeing 1am making me sigh. I listen to hear it's just rain outside. I sigh, kinda liking quite rain as it just soothes you more. I go to lay on my side and fall back asleep but a loud bang instead makes me jump. "For fuck sakes." I say as I see another flash. I cover my ears before the thunder could rumble again.

I groan loudly, attempting to go back asleep, but my fear of lightning and thunder was not helping. As childish as it sounds, I needed to be with someone in order to feel better in these situations. I know nothing is going to happens to me, but its just the loud bangs that made it difficult.

I get out of bed and quickly rush out my room. Thunder continues to rumble, but not as loud as I wasn't directly near a window. I think of who I could go too, knowing I would be disturbing them no matter what. I am about to turn back into my room, ready to tough out the night and watch shows until the rain would simmer down until I hear someone to my left.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Zak asks as I sigh, "Nope, a little afraid of the thunder." I say as he chuckles. "I think Lando is still up. Why don't you go to him? I'm sure he wont mind." Zak says as I nod. Myself and Lando are not super close, but we did comfort each other and talk to each other whenever we needed someone to talk too. With me being in F2, I always ask Lando for help, and with us being potential teammates in the future, it made sense to confine in him over other people.

"Thanks Zak." I say as he chuckles, "No problem. He is in room 405." He says as I nod and make my way to the elevator. I go down two floors before making my way to his room. I knock on the door softly, hesitantly, and wait until the door opens to show a shirtless lando with a tired grin on his face. "And what do I owe the pleasure of seeing the race winner at this time of night?" He jokingly asks as I chuckle, "I can't sleep." I say as I point to his window which rattles with thunder.

"Naw, how cute. Look at this 5 year old." He teases which I only scoff too, "Says the boy who's afraid of the dark." I say as I walk into his room. "Hey! I told everyone that in confidence." He says as I sit down on his bed, "Sure." I say as he jumps onto his bed, almost hitting me in the process. "Since we both up, what you wanna watch?" He asks as he switches in the TV.

"Well, do you have Netflix?" I ask as he shakes his head no, "What's wrong with you?" I ask as he chuckles, "I don't have time. I'm always on Twitch, remember?" He asks as I nod, "Oh right. Well, I have so we can watch if you want." I say as he nods and clicks on the Netflix option on the Tv. I fill in my password and click straight into Sex Education. "Y/N..." he trails off which makes me laugh, "It's actually really good." I say as I start the show again, definitely not minding watching it again as I enjoyed the show so much.

We watch in silences having a good awkward laugh or two as sex scenes pop up. "Thanks by the way." I say as Lando looks at me and frowns, "For?" He asks as I chuckle, "For the desert and the letter." I say as he scoffs, "Don't thank me. I felt really bad for not getting the time to talk to you after the race, and I didn't bother coming to hangout with you because I know how much you like your alone time." He says which only makes my heart flutter.

"Thanks, Lando." I say as he smiles wide. We stare at each other for what feels like forever, admiring each other. I would be lying if I didn't say Lando was attractive, but I wouldn't say I like him as we don't talk to each other often unless we having a quick talk about how I can improve or how he misses Carlos. Lando starts leaning in which only makes me do the same.

In a matter of seconds, our lips are attached together. The kiss is sweet, filled with passion. It's not heated, desperate or needy, which just adds to what this kiss actually means. I pull away, somewhat breathless as I stare at the Brit. "I've been wanting to do that for quite a while now." He admits as I chuckle, "Really? I had no idea you liked me." I say as he shrugs, "To be honest with you, neither did I." He states making me laugh, "Me neither. But I guess after that I like you." I admit shyly as he nods, "Agreed." He says as I look down.

"Lets go on a date tomorrow." He says as I look up at him. "That sounds great. Go out for ice cream?" I ask as he nods, "The only way to have a proper date." He says as I smile, "Lets go to sleep." I say as I let out a yawn. "The lightning is gone. Do you still wanna stay here?" He asks as I look outside to see the lightning gone but the rain still gently patters against the window.

"I don't mind staying." I say as he smiles wide, "Come here." He says as he pulls me close to him. "Sleep well, y/n." He says as I feel him press a kiss to my forehead. "Good night Lando." I say as I rest my head against his chest falling sleep next to my unbeknownst crush.

*****

Random, but I'm tired from exams. Stay safe lovies xx