George Russell (3)

dislike
/dɪsˈlʌɪk/
verb
feel distaste for or hostility towards.

Y/N - your name

"Lizzie, I don't think you understand how worried I am for tonight." I said to my best friend who sat opposite me as we had lunch at a cute cafe. "Y/N, you need to calm down. I'm almost certain George's mother and father are going to love you." She said as I sighed and nodded. "I hope so. It would suck balls if his mother didn't like me." "I know friend but no matter what, don't let it change your relationship with George." She said as she sipped on her ice tea.

"But that's the thing, if she doesn't like me, how am I supposed to continue a relationship with him without him having to chose between me and his own mother?" I said as I let out a long sigh. Lizzie reached over the table and grabbed my hand, "I'm pretty sure they will love you Y/N. You're stressing yourself out for no reason at all." She said as I gave her a small smile. "Thanks Liz." "Pleasure treasure." She said as we both smiled at her comment.

My phone began to ring as I looked down to see George's name. "I've gotta answer this." I said to Lizzie as she nodded and I accepted the call. "Hey babe." I said as I saw Lizzie smirk. "Hey love. Are you still in for tonight?" "Yeah 100%." "Great! I'll pick you up at about 6pm and we will have dinner at their house if that okay." He said as I nodded, "Perfect. See you then." "Bye babe." "Bye George." With that, I ended the call. "You guys are so cute I swear." Liz said as I smiled at her comment.

-

"I don't know Liz! Is an off the shoulder shirt really acceptable?" I question to my friend over FaceTime. "Ugh Y/N! It's perfect, now stop changing!" She shouted at me as I sighed. "I'm sorry. I'm just really nervous. Moms don't often like me. It's like a curse." I say as she chuckles. "It's alright friend. I get what you're saying but I'm sure she will love you." "Thank you Liz. Alright, I'm gonna go brush my teeth and George should be here by then. I'll text you what happens after the dinner." I said as I made my way to the bathroom and started getting the toothbrush ready. "Perfect! And if things do go pear shaped, just give me a call and I'll pick you up." She said as I smiled. "You're the best. Love you!" "Love you too!"

I end the call as I brush my teeth and spray perfume on. As I grab my handbag, there is a knock on my door. I walk to the door and open to a smart looking George. "Hey babe." I said as I stand on my tippy toes and kiss his lips. "Hey love. You look gorgeous as always." "Ugh, aren't you such a gentleman." I said as he chuckles and walks me to his car. He opens the door for me as I sit inside and wait for him to get in and start the car.

"Are you nervous?" He asked as he started the car and we made our way to his parents house. "Yeah I am. I'm just worried your mom and dad won't like me." I said as he placed his hand on my thigh. "No need. I've spoken about you before and they seemed to love you." He said as I smiled, feeling at ease already.

The rest of the ride was filled with some banter until we parked just outside of his parents home. The house was stunning from the outside with a brick outside as beautiful flowers surrounding the house. I step outside the car as George grabs my hand and hold me close to his side as we walk to his parents front door. I felt all my nerves come rushing back as George knocked on the door. An older man answered the door with a wide smile.

"George!" He shouted as he hugged George. "Hey pops." "Oh and this must be the lovely Y/N." his dad said as he wrapped me in a tight hug. "Haha, yes I am. It's nice to meet you Mr Russell." "Call me Steve." He said as he ushered myself and George inside. "Alison is just finishing her makeup." He said as George nodded. We sat down on the couch as we spoke a bit about my life and how I met George.

"Trust George to spill something on a lady." Steve said as George shook his head. "I said the exact same thing!" I say as we both laugh. "Hello." I hear behind me as I look to an older lady. "Hey mom. This is Y/N." George stood up and hugged his mother. "Hi Mrs Russell. It's lovely to meet you." I say as I hug her. Her hug was stiff as she barely held me. "Hi Y/N." she said coldly as my smile drops a little. "Ready to eat?" She asks as we nod, walking towards the kitchen.

"Do you need help Mrs Russell?" I question as she shakes her head. "No. Not from... you." She said as she looked me up and down. "Oh. Okay." I say as I follow George to the dining room. I sit down next to George as I carry on speaking to his father. "Dinner is served." She said as she placed some chicken and vegetables on the table. "Thank you." I say as she nods my direction.

"So Y/N, what do you do for a living?" Alison asked me as I smiled, happy she was actually asking me a question. "I'm a fashion designer for a small company." I say as I see her nose scrunch up. "Really? That's interesting to say the least." She says as she takes a mouth full of chicken. "It's actually a lot of fun. It's a nice feeling when you design something and the big boss wants to have the models walk down the catwalk with it on." I say as Steve smiled at me. "I'd prefer someone who was a doctor instead. Have a stable income." She said as I looked at her, a frown appearing on my face.

"Alison." Steve warns as I shake my head. "No, no. It's alright, I get where Mrs Russel is coming from." I say with a smile as George gives me a sympathetic smile. "Thank you Y/N." she said as I nodded. "I hear you also own a dog." Alison asked as I nodded. "Yeah, a Staffordshire." "Oh, those dogs are so dangerous." "They actually more friendly than smaller dogs, especially with kids." I say as she rolls her eyes. "Alison, come on now." Steve says as she looks at him with a stern stare, "Listen Y/N, I'm sorry but this won't work out." She said as she pointed between myself and George.

With that, she stood up and walked out of the room. I felt my heart sink to my stomach as Steve stood up. "I'm so sorry Y/N." he said as he walked off to find his wife. "Babe." George said softly as I stare up at him. "Are you alright? I'm sorry she's just..." he trails off as I scoff, "Mean." I said as he chuckles. "She just doesn't want me to get hurt like the last time." "But I'm not like other girls. I'm not planning on leaving you anytime soon. She can't just treat me like I'm nothing based on what previous girls have done to you." I say as I let my frustrations out.

George sighs as he wraps his arm around me. "I know love. I'm so sorry." "It's okay. It's not your fault in the end." I said as I smile and kiss his cheek. He smiled as he nods towards the door, "Wanna leave?" I nod as we stand up. "Hey guys. I'm sorry about that." Steve says as he comes down the stairs. "It's okay. We just gonna go, I'll chat to mom one on one tomorrow." George says as Steve nods. "Great. Y/N, don't worry about Alison. I really like you." He said as I smiled, "Thank you Steve." I say as I wave him goodbye as I head to George's car.

He opens the door for me once again as he gets to his side and starts the car. "I'll make up for everything my mother did at your house." He said with a cheeky grin as I smacked his arm. "Only you George."

*****

I don't like this one but I think that's because I don't like the fact that George's parents hate me (the reader). Thank you for all the support! xx