Lando Norris (6)

snow
/snəʊ/
noun
atmospheric water vapour frozen into ice crystals and falling in light white flakes or lying on the ground as a white layer.

Y/N - your name

The sound of my phone ringing wakes me up in the middle of the night. I sigh, not exactly happy that someone was waking me up right now. I open my eyes and quickly grab my phone, the sound of the ringtone already giving me a headache. I move slightly out of Lando's grasp, causing him to stir a little and then start lightly snoring once again. I swear, this boy could sleep through nuclear war. (A/N - fun fact about me: I can sleep through anything, even an apocalypse, but not through the alarm of iPhone)

I squint my eyes, seeing that my mother was calling me. I answer the phone in a panic, "Hey mom. What's up?" I ask, standing up and leaving the room so that I wouldn't wake Lando up, even though I'm sure he wouldn't have woken up anyway. "Hey hunny." Her South African accent coming through whilst sobbing. "Mom? What's wrong? Did something happen?" I question, growing more and more concerned as I heard my mother sobbing loudly on the other side of the phone.

"He didn't make it." She says, barely audible. "W-who mom?" I question, despite knowing who 'he' was. "Dad... dad didn't make it sweetie. The cancer, it reached his heart and... and it stopped beating." She says. I feel my whole world stop turning as I try and process what my mother has told me. "Seriously?" I question feeling my warm tears stream down my cheeks. "Yes. He fought so hard but... he just couldn't take the pain any longer." My mom says.

I sniff and wipe my tears away with my sleeve. "Must I come back home?" I question with a week voice. "The funeral will probably be in a week so please come before then." She says as I nod, "Of course mom. I'm so sorry I'm not there." I croak feeling more tears stream down my face, knowing she only had my brother to comfort her. "No sweetie, don't say sorry. Listen it's late, get some rest. I'm just a phone call away." She says as I feel my sobs growing louder.

"I love you, mom." I say as I wipe my tears away again but they just keep falling. "I love you too sweetie. Dad loves you too." She says making my choke in my own tears. "I'll see you in a few days." I say. We say our final goodbyes and end the call. I place my phone on the table and sit down on the couch, trying to process the fact that my father wasn't on this earth anymore. No more memories with him, no more "I love you's" from him.

I stand up and slip on my snow boots by the door and slip my winter jacket over my pajamas and step outside in the back garden. I walk straight to our bench near the end of the garden that faced the hills. I sit down and finally let the tears stream down my face. I sob loudly, not being able to handle the emotions. I sit outside for nearly half an hour, crying non-stop, not even feeling the cold.

I eventually hear my name being called but I don't look. "Babe? Are you alright?" Lando questions as he runs towards me on the bench. I look up at him with tears in my eyes. I notice he is wearing his snow jacket, boots and finally his McLaren beanie from the moonlight as it was bright since it was a full moon. "Babe?" He asks but instead I answer him with a loud sob.

He sits next to me and pulls me into his chest. "Babe, what's wrong? What happened?" He asks causing me to cry louder. "My-my dad passed away." I say in between sobs. "What? Mr Y/S..." he trails off as he realizes. "Oh baby girl." He says pulling me into a tighter hug. I cry into his chest as I hear him sob as him and my father had a really great connection. "It's gonna be okay. Shhh, it's gonna be okay." He says but that doesn't heal the pain I'm feeling right now.

We sit in the snow for god knows how long until silent tears are falling from my eyes. Lando rubs my shoulder comfortingly and pulls away, "Baby, I know it's difficult at the moment but I promise it will get better." He says as I look down. "Why did he have to die? Why... why does bad things always happen to the good people?" I question as I feel him press an icy kiss to my cheek.

"It's because God wants all the nice people in heaven with him." He says making me chuckle. "Pretty selfish from him." I say making Lando giggle. I look into Lando's eyes that were still so mesmerizing even in the dark but the light from the moon helped me see them and gave them a bright colour. "It will get better from here." He says as he leans down and presses a short kiss to my lips.

"I promise, in a few years time, tears won't be streaming down your face when you think of him and rather laughter will spill for your lips when you think of him." He says making me smile. "Thank you, babe." I say as he nods, "Pleasure treasure." He says and presses a kiss to my forehead. "I'm sorry I woke you up." I say but he scoffs, "I'm glad you did. I missed your warmth in bed." He says making me chuckle.

"Come, let's go to bed and then tomorrow morning we can organize flights." He says as I nod and stand up with him. "I'll call the boss and tell him I can't make it this weekend." He says as we step inside the house, instantly buying engulfed by the warmth of our living room as we take off our coats and snow boots.

I look up at him and shake my head, "No, you're not missing race w-" "Your dad meant a lot to me, Y/N. It would be a crime not to attend his funeral." He says making me smile. "Thank you. I love you so much." I say as I hug him and bury my head in the crook of his neck. "I love you too, beautiful. Now come, let's get some sleep." He says. I nod as we walk hand in and to our bedroom.

We both lay down as he pulls me close to him. "I miss him." I say as I feel Lando's hand draw shapes on my back. "I miss him too but I promise you he is here with us right now." He says making me smile and cuddle further into his chest.

Third POV (Dad)

Y/N cuddles up with Lando making me smile from ear to ear. "I love you, my girl." I say knowing she can't hear it but knows deep down that I do and will forever love my little girl.

*****

Am I on the verge of tears writing this imagine? You fucking bet. I did this to myself when writing another imagine for my Liverpool book. Smh, hope I didn't make y'all cry too much (it's the "my little girl" for me). Stay safe lovies! xx