(R) Juan Manuel Correa (1)

kid
/kɪd/
noun
a child or young person

Y/N - your name

I look out the window, admiring my boyfriend with our little girl, as they run around the garden like utter lunatics. I see Juan pick her up, spinning around with her as he holds her up in the air. My heart flutters as I see her giggle, her head thrown back as her toothless grin can be seen since she recently lost her two front teeth, something Juan was so excited about.

Juan puts her down before looking up at me, blowing me a kiss, before putting his attention back to our little girl. I make my way downstairs, just in time, as I hear a big thud outside followed by a loud cry knowing that she was crying about something. I rush outside and see our little girl with a deep gash on her head, bleeding quite badly, as Juan was holding her and trying to calm her down.

"What happened?" I ask, rushing over to the crying girl, before Juan hands her over to me. "She just tripped over her own feet and hit her head on the slide." He says, guilt lacing his voice, as I take a look at her head. "Looks like she may need stitches. Go start the car and I'll meet you soon, just wanna get her shoes on." I say as he nods, a defeated look on his face as he rushes to the car.

I quickly put her shoes on and walk outside to the car, getting in and rushing to the hospital. Upon arrival, I look over at Juan and gives him a small smile, "Don't worry, she's gonna be fine." I say before we get out the car. We explain everything to the doctors and fill out all the necessary documents, Juan needing some help as he couldn't concentrate as the guilt ate him up inside.

"Right, come this way." A nurse says as the three of us get up and follow the nurse. By this time, she has stopped crying, but her head was swelling significantly. "Good morning ma'am and sir. Who is this cutie?" A doctor asks as our baby blushes slightly. "Her name is Keira." I say as Keira waves at the doctor. "What happened?" He asks as Juan sighs, "She fell by the slide and hit her head quite badly. We were playing and she just lost her balance." He says as the Doctor nods.

"Well, she will need stitches. You two will have to leave the room unfortunately for sanitary reasons." the doctor says as we both nod and walk out the door, kissing Kiera quickly before we leave. As we wait outside, warm coffee in both our hands, I can't help but chuckle at Juan. "What?" He asks, his eyes filled with tears due to him panicking. "Baby, there's no need to cry. She's gonna be alright, it's just a cut." I say as I rub his thigh comfortingly.

"But, how could I let her hurt herself like that? I should've been more careful." He says as I shake my head, "She's a kid. It's not uncommon to see things like this. I've hit my head countless of times too. You were doing just fine. It's just unfortunate she lost her balance and tripped and fell." I say with a shrug as he nods, "So you're not mad?" He asks, a worrying look in his eyes, "Not at all." I say before pressing a sweet kiss to his lips.

As we break apart, the door opens to show a smiling Kiera walking with the doctor. "She's all stitched up. Only needed three, luckily. All you'll have to do is wash it lightly with disinfectant and come back to me in two weeks to remove them." The doctor says as Keira hugs Juan tightly. "Thanks doctor." Myself and Juan says as he nods, "Bye guys. Keep safe." He says before walking back to his office.

"Baby girl, I am so sorry you got hurt." Juan says to Kiera as she chuckles, "It's okay, daddy. Now I'm going to have such a cool scar to show everyone! Wait until uncle Logan sees!" She exclaims before hugging me. I smile at Juan, "See, no need to feel guilty." I say before pressing a kiss to his cheek as we make our way home, stopping off to get ice cream first as Juan, despite the reinforcement, still felt guilty.

*****

Short but sweet. I hope y'all enjoyed! So, I got covid so y'all are going to be getting many imagines... AND A NEW BOOK. I know, I'm amazing. I am doing alright, covid not doing me too bad, so no need to stress, but y'all are getting a whole book out of it so... Anyway, stay safe lovies xx