Max Verstappen (2)

break
/breɪk/
verb
separate into pieces as a result of a blow, shock, or strain.

Y/N - your name

"Who is ready for this fight?!" The commentators voice rings out in the arena as the crowd cheers in response. I jump up and down, shaking my arms in an attempt to get rid of the nerves in my body. "You ready Y/N?" My personal trainer, Aaron, asked me as I nodded my head. "Just nervous of course. Harlow is a very good fighter " I said as I nodded towards my opponent.

I was an MMA fighter. I was possibly the smallest fighter but I always won the match. My small body was able to mangle its way around the opponent and pin them down with ease. Harlow however, was at the same level as me. She was ruthless. Often, her opponents left with at least one bone broken. She was tall and very muscular and wasn't afraid to hurt you.

I got into the sport plainly because of my dad. He always told me how I must know how to defend myself. I went for self defense classes and loved the feeling of being confident and able to stand up for myself. The trainer even told me I should peruse such a career because I was very good and I learnt all the new techniques very quickly. Since the young age of 9, I was fighting girls 3 years older than me.

"You've got this! Forget who she is. Just focus on the prize. Eyes on the prize dear " he said as I nodded and placed my mouth guard in my mouth. "On the right, we have Harlow Speel. Weighing in at 84kg and 192cm, she will make it her mission to get what she wants." The commentator said as he pointed at Harlow.

She flexed her arms as she sent me a wink, intimidating me. I rolled my eyes and focused on the crowd. Everyone cheered for her but to be fair, they were cheering for both of us as this fight would make or break who is the best fighter in the world. "On the left, we have Y/N Y/S! Weighting in at 63kg and 162cm, she may be small but she is a sneaky one and isn't afraid of a challenge." The commentator shouted as I waved at everyone.

Cheers erupted as I smiled. I looked to my left and saw my boyfriend of 3 years, Max, standing and cheering for me. I smiled as he jumped up and down, starting a mosh pit within the crowd. I chuckle at his excitement as I look back at Harlow. "Let's get ready to rumble!" The commentator exclaimed as I took off my sweatshirt and met Harlow in the middle of the ring.

Her tall figure towered over my small one as she stuck out her hand. "I have a lot of respect for you Y/N. May the best fighter win." She said as I gave her a smile and shook her hand. I pulled away as I let out a shaky sigh. Everything went silent as I focused on her, and her only. The bell went off as she sent her right arm straight into my eye socket. I fell down, in agony, as I groaned.

She towered over me and sat down on my small frame and continued to punch my face. I blocked as many punches as I could but not successful in all of them. I catch her first and push her off of me as I stagger back to my feet. "Come on Y/N!" My coach shouted as I blocked Harlow's blow and punched her in the stomach, causing her to hunch over.

I took this opportunity to knee her in the head as she went tumbling back. The crowd cheered as they all stood up. I sat on her and punched her, attempting to knock her out. However, she pushed me off with ease as we both got back to our feet. I took a swing but she ducked and hit me again in the head.

I clutched my eye socket in pain as I knew, I had broken it. She punched me in the stomach as I heard one of my ribs snap like a stick that you would pick up on the ground. I groaned in pain as I pushed her off of me. As much pain as I was in, I was angry and I wanted this fight to end.

I stood up, clutching my left side, as I ducked one of her swings and kicked her in the head. She stumbled back as I took a swing to her jaw, in the sweet spot, as she collapsed on the floor. I crumbled over in pain as I clutched the left side of my body. 10 seconds passed as Harlow didn't stand up. "Y/N has won the fight!" The commentator shouted as everyone cheered. I saw Max in the corner of my eye rush off into the back room where I would be taken to get everything checked out and then finally rushed off to hospital.

The commentator lifted my right arm and handed me my match winning belt as I looked over at Harlow. She still hadn't woken up so I walked to he personal trainer,"When she wakes up, tell her I say good match." "Will do so. Well done Y/N." he said as I nodded and was escorted to the back room. I sat down as the paramedics rushed to my side.

"Babe, I'm so proud of you." I looked to my left to see a smiling Max. "Are you okay?" "No." I said as I chuckled which hurt my left side and also my face. "Ma'am, you've broken your-" "I know. I can feel it. Please can we go to the hospital." I said as the pain was growing unbearable. "Of course." They said as we made our way to the hospital, Max following close behind.

The hospital visit wasn't long as they just fixed my broken bones however they could. I looked in the mirror as they handed it to me and I was shocked to see my swollen and purple face. "Oof." I said as Max chuckled. "Don't worry Miss. it will heal in no time. You'll be back fighting in 6 weeks " the doctor said as I nodded and thanked him. "You may leave now. Just take care of yourself." He said as I nodded and we walked out.

"Let's go babe." Max said as I nodded. He helped me up and we made our way to the car. He opened the door as we drove back home in silence. I was exhausted to say the least and very drugged up. Max opened the apartment door as he helped me to our room. "Okay babe. Sleep on the left of the bed so that we can face each other and cuddle without you lying on your left side." Max said as I chuckled. "You and your cuddles." I said as he gave me a big smile.

He helped me get changed into my pajamas as he lay me down on the bed. "Do you need anything?" He asked as I shook my head softly. "Only you." I said as he gave me a small smile and changed into his pajamas. He hopped into his side of the bed and wrapped his arms carefully around my waist. "You did very well tonight babe." He said as I smiled.

"Haha, at what cost tho." I said as I pointed to my swollen left eye and cheek. "Ugh, it just make should look cuter." He said as I scoffed and he kissed my cheek as softly as he could. "I'm proud of you tho. You did amazing but please next time be careful." He said as I shook my head. "I can't exactly ask them to not break my bones." I chuckled at his statement as he scoffed. "Well, I will then because I hate seeing my girl in pain."

"I love you Max." I said as I looked into his blue eyes. I couldn't see them as it was dark and my left eye was a tad bit swollen because of the broken bone. "I love you too Y/N." he said as he placed his lips on mine and pulled me into his arms lightly as we drifted off to sleep.

*****

I'm reading a book in English where this main character got into a fight and broke his eye socket hence the random imagine tbh but I really like this imagine. Who said you can't have a bit of action once in a blue moon? I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Remember to vote! Stays safe!