(R/P) Max Verstappen (16)

death
/dɛθ/
noun
the action or fact of dying or being killed; the end of the life of a person or organism

"You can't die. Please don't die!"

Request (summarized): Can I please have a mafia au with Max? Where Max is called to go defend themselves against another mafia but it's just a hoax as Max arrives home and Y/N is dead - @-Seashelly

Y/N - your name

I hold onto Max tightly as we watch a random movie on the flat screen TV. The volume is low as we only care about being in each other's arms. "I'm so glad you're here with me." Max says causing my lips to turn into a smile. "Me too. I'm glad that you're safe despite the job you do." I say as I caress his cheek. "I love you.' He says before leaning in and pressing his lips to mine. "I love you too." I say as I pull away.

We go back to cuddling in silence, enjoying each other's company until Max's phone rings. "Max speaking." Max answers the phone and puts it on speaker, preferring that I hear whatever is saying so I know what's going on. "Emergency, Max. Anthony 'Deadshot' Capone has attacked some of our men. We need your help and orders." One of the mafia men who work with Max says in a hurry.

"On my way." Max says before ending the call. Max rushing up to the room and gets dressed into an all black suite. I follow, about to get dressed myself but Max stops me as he buttons his shirt. "I don't want you coming with at this time of night. I trust you and your shot, but not in the dark. I can't always see you in the dark so I don't wanna risk it." Max says as I nod, understanding where he was coming from.

I wrap my white gown around me tighter as I watch Max struggle with the last few buttons of his shirt. I move forward and do it for him, which he thanks me for. I walk downstairs with Max and towards a black Jeep with a few of our team in it.

"I love you. Please stay safe." I say as I hug Max tightly, having the familiar nauseating feeling whenever I say goodbye to him. "I promise I'll be coming back home tonight." He says as he hugs me just as tight. "I love you." He says as he leans down and presses his lips to mine for a passionate kiss. "We need to leave now, Mr Verstappen." One of the guys say as Max nods. "Go get em." I say as Max nods and gets into the car. I wave a final goodbye as I watch him drive away from me like he often does.

Max's POV

The drive is short, mainly because we were driving so fast. "So what's the random attack about?" I ask my wingman, Henry, who sighs, "They getting revenge for last years attack." He says as I nod. "Why wait a year?" I ask more to myself as Henry shrugs. "Either way, they attacking our warehouse which will attract the police attention and it's gonna cost us a lot of money." He says as I nod in agreement.

We arrive to a war zone, gunshots left right and center. I exit the car and start my work of taking down as many of Anthony's men as possible. After a moment of shooting his men and finally winning the battle, I make my way into the warehouse where Anthony is sitting in a chair, tied up by my men. I smile at him, a devious smile, as I walk towards him. I punch him hard causing blood to spew from his mouth.

"What the fuck, Anthony?" I ask as Anthony lets out an evil laugh. "I needed revenge, Verstappen. You know all about revenge so don't act so innocent." He says as his lips oozes dark blood. I punch him again, almost knocking him out. I pull out my gun, ready to shoot the bastard as I look around at my destroyed warehouse. Luckily not everything was destroyed but there was millions of dollars of drugs wasted.

"I wouldn't worry about shooting me, Verstappen. I'd get home as soon as possible to get to your beloved, Y/N." he says causing me to frown. "What the fuck have you done?" I ask, my heart skipping a beat in worry. "I guess you'll just have to wait and see. Remember how Y/N killed my wife. Now I want you to know how it feels to lose the love of your life." He says referring to when Y/N had to shoot his wife who was about to shoot me a year ago in the attacks.