Daniel Ricciardo (6)

Fling
noun
a short, spontaneous sexual relationship

Y/N - your name

"Angelica, its 10 in the morning, why on earth are you already ordering a cocktail?" I question my best friend as we are sat at a restaurant in the middle of Spain. "It's 5pm somewhere on earth." She says as the waiter laughs. "Coming right up. And for you miss?" "Ugh what the hell, can I have a beer?" I question as he nods and walks away. "Why on earth are you already ordering a cocktail?" Angelica mimicked me as I rolled my eyes. "I ordered a beer." "It's still alcohol." I sigh as she smirks at me.

"6 o'clock, hot guys alert." Angelica says as I roll my eyes. "They are behind me am I right?" "Don't you know the clock system?" She asks as I nod. "Then what's so difficult to understand?" "Your 6 and my 6 are completely different moron because we not facing the same way." I say as I chuckle. "Oh yeah. Sorry, yes, your 6 o'clock." She says as I roll my eyes and turn around as discreetly as I possibly could.

Two men, probably in their late 20s or early 30s were seated at a table facing one another. One was really well build with giant arms and a childish face whilst the other one was just my type on paper. He had a beard, not long but visible from distance, with tattoos covering his thighs that were exposed by the shorts he was wearing. He laughed showing his smile, which was big and wide which would make any one smile.

"I like the one with tattoos." I say as she nods. "You two would look really good together not gonna lie." "How should we get their numbers?" I ask as I look behind me again to see the men were looking at us two. The one with the tattoos smiled at me as I returned the smile back. "Oof, caught you staring." Angelica says as I roll my eyes and smack her arm across the table. She chuckles as the waiter come back with our drinks.

"Thank you." We say as he nods towards the menus on our table. "Have you chosen your meals?" "Yes! May I please have the Paella." Angelica said as he nodded and wrote down on his note pad. "I'll have the roast chicken and vegetables." I say as he nods as walks away. "You're very boring." "I felt like chicken. Get off my tits." I say which earns a chuckle from Angelica.

"I have an idea!" Angelica says a I looks at her weirdly, "For?" "How to get hottie one and hottie two's numbers." She says as I nod, indicating for her to carry on. "I'll ask the waiter to send them something to drink and then write our numbers down." She says as I nod. "That's great but he will they know which is which?" I question as she scrunched up her nose, indicating she was brainstorming.

"I'll say what we are wearing so they can tell which one. Then I'll check and see who take who's number. We could also say, 'This number for Mr Tattoo' or something like that." She says as I chuckle. "Oh well, you only live once. Might as well." I say as she nods, waiting for the waiter to come with our food. "You know, I haven't had a holiday fling in awhile." I say as she nods whilst taking a sip of her cocktail.

"Me too. Last time was when I was a teenager. Trevor. Man, he was hot." She says as I chuckle. "I had a fling with a guy named Gabriel." "Hot name." "For a hot guy." I say as she chuckles. The waiter returns with our dishes. "Thank you! Could I ask for a favor?" Angelica asks as he nods. "Could I order two beers for that table over there?" She asks as she points at the table with the two gentlemen. "Sure." He says as he turns to walk away.

"Wait! Could I maybe have a pen and a small piece of paper to write something on it. Then can you take this paper with as you give them their order?" She asks as he nods. "Sure thing miss. Is this alright?" He asks as he pulls out his notepad and pen. "Perfect." She says as she quickly scribbles mine and her number on with what we are wearing and who the number is for. "Great. I'll give them this when I bring them their beers." He says as we thank him.

"Now, let's eat and I'll let you know when they receive their beers." Angelica says as I nod. "How the chicken?" She asks as I nod. "Fantastic if you ask me." I say as I see our waiter pass with the beers. "Oh, he's going." I says as she looks up form her meal. "I didn't even realize." "Yeah, you were too busy stuffing your face." I say with a smile on my face.

"Okay so he's place the beers down... He's given them the paper. They smiling... now looking!" I roll my eyes at her narrative as her eyes connect with mine. "Sorry, attempting to avoid eye contact with them." She says as we laugh. "They smiling a lot and now the waiter is coming back." She says as the waiter pats my back. "All done miss." "Thank you!" I say as he walks off.

We continue to eat our meals until my phone pings. I look at Angelica as she looks at me, her food hanging out of her mouth. "Do I answer it now?" I ask as she shrugs, "I don't know. You're the confident one." She says as I scoff, "Says you." I say as I grab my phone. "What does it say?" She questions as I open my phone and read the message.

"Hi love. My name is Daniel Ricciardo and yours? Thank you for the beer. You didn't need to spoil me that much. Let me say thanks by taking you out tonight if you're free." I finish as she smiles at me. "Get in their girl!" She shouts as I feel my ears heat up, "Can you shut up! They still there." I say as she chuckles. "Just trying to embarrass you."

"Hi girls! How was the meal?" Our waiter questions as we nod, "Fantastic. Just the bill please." I say as he shakes his head. "It has been paid for by those two gentlemen that you sent the beers too." He says as he takes our plates and walks away. "Bitches." Angelica says as we laugh. "I think I should message him and thank him." I say as her phone pings. "Me too clearly." She says as he grabs her phone and starts typing away.

Me
Hey Daniel. I'm Y/N. Thank you for paying for our meal. "You didn't need to spoil me like that" Haha, I'd love to go out tonight x

Dan
See you then Miss Y/N and don't quote me! x

Me
What are you gonna do about it? ;)

Dan
You'll just have to wait and see hun ;)

*****

Not really a fling, but it may lead to one idk. I hope y'all enjoyed! Stay safe lovies xx