Marcus Armstrong (6)

victory
/ˈvɪkt(ə)ri/
noun
an act of defeating an enemy or opponent in a battle, game, or other competition.

Y/N - your name

I slip into my racing suite, admiring the black and blue colours. A knock on my door catches my attention, "Come in." I say as the door to my drivers room opens. "Hey Y/N." Marcus, my teammate and boyfriend, says before pressing a kiss to my cheek. "Hey Marcus." I say as I shakily braid my hair. "You okay, princess?" He asks as I let out a nervous sigh. "No. I'm just super scared for this race. I've never raced on this track before." I say as he smiles sympathetically at me.

"You'll be okay, hun. I know you've been practicing a lot on the sim. You know the track like the back of your hand." He says as he sits next to me on my couch. He wraps his arm around me and pulls me close to him. "Thanks for having faith in me." I say as he caresses my shoulder. "I'm your boyfriend, it's my job." He says making me chuckle. "Hey, you two love birds. Time to get ready." One of the engineers says as we chuckle.

We get up and walk to the garage, getting in and getting ready for the race. I finalize the strategy with my engineer before I feel a pair of strong hands wrap around my waist. "Good luck out there, baby. You'll do amazing." He says as I turn around. My engineer admires us before walking away, giving us a moment of privacy. "Thanks, hun. And you too. I know you're gonna do great Mr P2." I say as he laughs softly.

"I love you. Drive safe." He says and presses his lips to mine. I pull away, "You too. Don't get greedy." I say as I caress his cheek. "See you on the track." He says and leaves to get into his car. I get ready too, slipping all my gear and my British inspired helmet on my head. "Radio check." I hear my engineer as I give him a thumbs up, "All good." I answer.

I'm led out onto the track, before lining up on the grid in P8. Not a bad qualifying but also not what I wanted. "Okay, Y/N, you know the strategy and we know what you're capable of. Go and get a podium." My engineer says making me smile. "Thanks guys." I answer just as we start the formation lap. It goes by in a flash as I warm up my tires. Soon enough, we are pulling off for the start of the race.

Into the 3rd corner of the Silverstone track, I feel someone hit the back of my car causing me to spin. I groan in frustration before pulling off, luckily not getting stuck in any gravel. "Is everything on the car good?" I hear my engineer in my ears. "Yes, all good. Just annoyed." I answer as I was basically last at the back. "I know it's tough but you're an amazing driver. You've got 21 laps to get into the top 8. You've got this." He finishes as I smile.

"Thanks, James. I'll do my best for you and the team. How is Marcus doing?" I ask, seeing all the cars have backed up due to a safety car deployment. "He is still in P2 so some good points for the team but I want you focusing on your race, not his." James lectures me. "Yes, yes. Thanks James." I say as I cut the radio. I stay close to the person in front of me, which is a good thing because I'm able to push past him into P15.

I look up the road, seeing a long DRS chain which I knew would be hard to pass, but I know I have 13 laps left and it was possible. I push my tires, knowing that I won't cause too much damage. I'm able to make two overtakes before I get caught in a pesky chain that was proving difficult to pass. Luckily, two guys clash into each other about 4 cars ahead of me, which makes everyone disperse to miss the cars.

I'm able to push past these cars as I was able to dodge the collision much quicker than them, which pushes me into P9. I'm finally out of the DRS chain which allows me to push. In a matter of minutes, I'm in P4 after passing Oscar who was definitely putting up a fight. "Great racing, Y/N. Start pushing to get into P3. It also takes some pressure off of Marcus." James voice rings in my ears.

I don't answer him but I get the message. In a lap, I'm able to push myself into P3 position. I notice that my tires are in a better position than Marcus and the person in P1. "James, I need confirmation. Can I push past Marcus? Can I race him?" I ask, wanting to make sure that the team wasn't settling with a P2 and P3 from the team. Racing in F2 is also challenging as anything could happen and I'm sure the team would rather have 2 cars in the race than none.

"Yes, you may race. We have let Marcus know." James says as I get into the zone. I'm able to overtake Marcus with ease since his tires were so bad and make my way to Verschoor. I catch him with ease, the DRS and my placement with the slipstream make it 10 times easier and I push myself into P1. "Perfect! Keep the pace." James says as I continue racing. Since pushing into P1, Verschoor seems to lose pace which allows Marcus to push himself into P2.

The race ends in a flash, with a Dams 1-2. "Yes Y/N! Fantastic racing from both you and Marcus. Well done for keeping your head down." James voice rings in my ears but I don't pay attention to it. Tears fall from my eyes as realization starts to settle in. I have just won my first F2 race in front of the British fans. "Thanks guys. I just need a moment to myself." I say over the radio as I let everything sink in.

I park in the P1 position on the grid and jump out the car and wave at the fans. I jump down and run to the team and hug them tightly. As I pull away, I feel someone pull me into a bone crushing hug. "I knew you could do it. I'm so proud of you." Marcus says as I turn around and hug him properly. "I'm so proud of you too.' I say, tears still in my eyes. "Lets go and get this trophy." He says as I nod in agreement.

We both celebrate on the podium together, splashing each other and Verschoor with champagne. The British fans cheer us on, loving the little romance myself and Marcus have. "I love you." Marcus says as we sit down on the makeshift podiums. "I love you too. Thanks for everything and thanks for letting me race you." I say as I lean my head on his shoulder. "Anything for my girl. Also, you definitely had the better tires. I have no idea how you had the better tires when you had to fight your way up from P15." He says as I nod in agreement.

"I also don't know, but I'm not complaining." I say as we share a laugh. "To your podium." Marcus says as he lifts his champagne bottle. "To us." I correct him as we clink bottles. We both take a swig of the champagne and sigh in satisfaction. "Now, can I kiss you?" Marcus asks as I chuckle. "No need to ask Mr P2." I say before pressing my lips to his which makes the crowd go wild.

*****

Omg I just needed a Marcus imagine so here y'all go. Stay safe lovies xx