Lewis Hamilton (2)

Philophobia
is the fear of love or of becoming emotionally connected with another person

Y/N - your name

I put my head set on as I watch Lewis and Valtteri getting ready at the starting grid. Hamilton first whilst Valtteri was second on the grid. This was norm for us Mercedes workers as these two racers were absolute machines. The drivers got into their cars as they got all of their equipment ready. "Hey Lewis. Can you hear me?" I asked as I waited for a reply. "Yes, I can. How are you doing Miss Y/N?" He asked as I chuckled. "I'll be doing much better once you win." I said as he chuckled.

I started working for the Mercedes crew about a month ago. I was new which was very nerve racking at the beginning but everyone was super welcoming which made it a hundred times easier to fit in and relax. Myself and Lewis became pretty good friends as he loved seeing new faces in the Mercedes crew. We grew very close very quickly which was great as I loved being around such kind people. I couldn't help look at Lewis in a romantic way but I always pushed it to the side.

I won't lie, Lewis is very attractive and has a fantastic personality but I was afraid of love. I wasn't ready for a committed relationship after my previous relationship which was abusive. I'm almost certain that Lewis isn't abusive however whenever someone raises their voices at me, I just get flashback. It's like PTSD, it doesn't just go away and it's not easily forgotten. I knew in a relationship, there are obviously arguments which would lead to voices being raised and I couldn't handle that.

I sigh as I rid my mind if anything but the race. The lights go off as the race finally begins. The race is all fine and dandy until I notice Lewis's tires start to blister. "Hey Lewis." I said waiting for a reply. "Hey Y/N. What's up?" He asked as I sighed. "Your tires are blistering. I think you should come in for a change." I said. "No. They feel fine. Don't stress." He said as I nodded. "Okay. It's up to you." I said as he laughed. "If my tires do pop, then I'll take you out tonight okay " he said as I felt my eyes budge out of my head.

I look at everyone who was listening in and they had a huge smile on their faces. "Uhh, yeah I um sure." I said as he laughed. "Great!" He shouted as I switched the radio off so he could concentrate on the race. "Well look at you too flirting." Toto said as I rolled my eyes and everyone else laughed. "Not a chance." I said as he scoffed. "Give the poor man a chance. I don't know if you've realized but he's been trying for god knows how long. Just let him take you out tonight." Toto said as I sighed. If only it was that easy.

I smile at him as I turn my attention back to the race. I couldn't help think about what Toto said. Has he really been trying to ask me out? I think about it and I see all the signs. He often comes and talks to me alone and talks about his favorite restaurants and how we should go to this specific one when we both free. I thought he was being friendly but I guess I was wrong.

I hear a commotion as I look at the screen. Valtteri's tires have just blown because of the blisters. "Shit!" I shout as I go on the radio. "Fuck!" Valtteri screams as I sigh. "It's okay. Just control the car as best as possible and come into the pits." I said as he sighed. "Fuck man!" He shouted again as he made his way to the pits. I look over at Lewis to see if his tires were still okay.

The final lap arrived and the exact same happen to Lewis. "Oh god." I said as we all watched Lewis. "Lewis just control the car as best as possible. Max stopped for softs so you have a large gap." I said as we watched him struggle to turn swiftly. "Thanks Y/N." he said as the radio cut. My heart beat is loud in my head as I see Max creep up to him as each corner passes.

Lewis finally crosses the line as the whole team lets out a sigh of relief. "God damn." I heard Toto say as we all laughed. "Next time, we box them." He said as we nodded. I sigh as I see Valtteri finish 11th, unhappy to see him suffer worse than Lewis. That man was a fantastic driver but always got the short end of the stick. He was also very sweet and was almost like a big brother to me even though I've been here for such a short period of time.

I walk out and watch Lewis hop out of the car and look at his wheel. I'm sure he is in disbelief like the rest of us. The fact that he finish first on three wheels is really something else. He walks over to the crew and gives us all a hug. He is about to speak to me until he is rushed to the champagne ceremony. It passes quickly after the anthem and finally, we are packing up.

I pick up a few parts and place them in their designated boxes until I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to be faced with a, I'm guessing, smiling Lewis as his smile is hidden by his mask. "Hey Y/N." he said as I wink at him. "Hey Lewis. Great race!" I said as he laughed. "I guess I should've boxed when you told me too." He said as we both laughed. "But instead my tires blew." He said as it hit me and what he said earlier.

"Oh yes! Shucks I completely forgot about it I umm.." I trailed off as I looked down. "You're so cute." He said as I giggled, feeling my cheeks heat up. "So is that a yes?" He asked as I looked up at him. I was about to say no, flashes of the abuse flooding my mind. The bruises that covered my face as neck flooded my mind too, but Toto's words stopped me.

Give the poor man a chance. I don't know if you've realized but he's been trying for god knows how long. Just let him take you out tonight. I look at him and smile, even though he can't see it. "I'd love too." I said as he smiled so wide that I could even see it under his mask. "Great! Maybe we can go to that special restaurant I keep talking about." He said as I chuckled. "I'd love to. Finally judge this special restaurant of yours." I giggled as I looked into his chocolate brown eyes.

*****

There's this song called Philophobia and it hits different. I actually didn't know what it meant but as soon as I searched, I got this idea so here you go! Stay safe everyone xx