(P) Lando Norris (18)

need
/niːd/
verb
require (something) because it is essential or very important rather than just desirable.

"I need you, alright."

A/N - why does Lando look like a disappointed dad in the above picture?

I look down at my buzzing phone as I read the caller ID once again, sighing as I put the phone down. The buzzing finally stops, but seconds later it's starts up again. I grab my phone in anger as I throw it across the room to land on the couch in my room. Even with my couch being far away, I can still hear the buzzing sound. I throw a pillow over my head, attempting to block the sound out, but to no success.

I didn't want to talk to him. No way was I talking to Lando after he broke my heart. We had been dating for just a few months, meeting at one of his races. He walked into me, causing my ice cream to fall on the floor. He felt so bad that he took me after his race to a great place he knew. That little ice cream shop in the middle of Italy was the start of something new between us.

It was going amazing, at least I thought it was. I was so happy, spending time with him as often as possible. I even started traveling alongside him, but it all fell away about a month ago. I received a text message, yes a fucking text message, from Lando saying we should end it. I asked him why but he couldn't give me a good enough answer. In my opinion, "work" was no excuse when I genuinely was not getting in the way of his work.

I barely messaged him when he was racing during weekends because I knew how stressful it was. I always wished him luck and congratulated him but I never over texted him when he was working. As for traveling with him, it was his idea and I never got in his way, sitting far away from him when it came to racing day so he could stay in the mode. But, apparently I was getting in the way of his work.

To say I was, and still are, heartbroken is an understatement. I genuinely thought we would go far, but as life always does to me, it proved me very wrong. After about 2 weeks of ignoring each other, Lando started calling me. I answered him the first time, curiosity getting to the better of me, but he put the phone down quickly when I answered. I thought it was just a prank, but now he is calling me on a daily bases.

Normally, I wouldn't mind, but the fact that he broke up with me over text AND gave a rubbish excuse, I ignored him and still are. It was getting difficult though. I just wanted to know what he wanted, but I was fearful that he would just end the call once again, leaving me to look like the complete idiot and the desperate one.

I groan as I hear the phone buzz once again. I toss the pillow aside and sit up, walking to my phone. I read the caller ID, sighing in disappointment and sadness as I watch his name flash across my screen. As soon as the call ended, I unlock my phone and go towards his contact. I bite my lip as my finger hovers above the block button. I shake my head as I press it, meaning he would have no way to contact me directly from his phone.

I toss my phone aside as I lay back down on my bed. I feel tears prick my eyes, falling slowly down my face, leaving wet stains across my cheeks and temples. I shake my head, rubbing my eyes as I hear a soft knock on my door. "Hey hun. You've got a visitor." My mother says as I sigh, "Please don't tell me it's Lando." I say as I remember him being in London this week as the F1 was taking place at Silverstone. "No, no, I wouldn't let him in! It's Jane." My mom says as the door opens wider.

My best friend, Jane, walks through. "Hey Y/N." she says as she lays down besides me and hugs me tightly. My mom closes the door after admiring our friendship, "I blocked him." I say with no context, but she knows exactly what I'm on about. "Thank god. Finally, you can live your life." She says as I smile at her. "By the way, I finally found people who want to buy the Silverstone tickets from you. They-" "Actually, I want to go." I cut her off as she frowns at me.