Pierre Gasly (3)

almost
/ˈɔːlməʊst/
adverb
not quite; very nearly.

Y/N - your name

I smile at my boyfriend, Pierre, as we talk just before the beginning of the race. "You're cheeky." I say to him as he rolls his eyes but smiles down at me, "But you love me." He says as I scoff, "How do you know?" I question with my eyebrow raised. "You told me you did with what we did last night." He lowered his voice as he leaned close to me, making goosebumps rise on my skin. I feel my cheeks heat up as he chuckles, "See, I know you love me." He says.

"Y/N, are you ready for the race?" Charles asks me as I nod and give him a hug, "Of course, and you?" I question as he quickly hugs Pierre, "Definitely." He says as I smile at him. "I've never raced here before so it's gonna be very exciting." I say as they both nod, "Mugello is fun, trust me." Charles says as myself and Pierre smile and nod at him.

Pierre and Charles start speaking French to each other so I turn towards George and start a small conversation with him as he is my team mate after all. We talk statistics until all the racers are ushered to take a kneel for the Black Lives Matter movement. I stand proudly with my shirt as I smile at Lewis's shirt, happy he is taking a stand to racism. After the kneel, we are told to go to our cars.

"Good luck beautiful." Pierre says as he pulls me to the side and gives me a tight hug. "You too, babe. Please be careful." I says as he smiles and kisses my lips. "I'm always careful." He says as I kiss his lips once again. "See you on the track loser." I joke as I turn and walk towards my garage. I feel a sharp pain on my ass as Pierre smacks it, "See you loser!" He shouts as he walks away with a cheeky grin that I could see even under his mask.

I walk to the Williams garage and wish good luck to my team and George. He give me a big hug and pulls away and gives me a stern look, "Please be careful. I'm not saying this because you're a rookie but just be careful because this is a new track that most of us haven't raced on, okay." He says as I smile and nod, "I will be careful. The practice sessions have been good so I'm not to worried." I say as he smiles down at me and give some another hug.

I pull away and walk to my car. I sit in my car as I'm handed my balaclava and helmet which had the Italian colours on the helmet in a unique and abstract design. "Radio check." I say as I shift in my seat before Harry, my trainer, straps me in. "All good, Y/N. Good luck out there! Let's get our first Williams point." Ivy, my race engineer says as I sigh and nod, "Let's do this." I say as I start my car and drive out into the track.

We start the formation lap once we have lined up on the grid. I drive just ahead of Pierre and swerve left and right, trying to warm up my tires. "Y/N, just be careful. Your right front tire hasn't warmed up properly." Ivy's voice rings out in my ear as I sign, "Copy. Thank you." I say as I cut the radio and attempt to warm the tire up more. We line up on the grid as Pierre is next to me. I quickly look to my left and give him a wave for him to return the wave.

I let out a shaky breath as the red lights appear. I press my feet on the accelerator and the break at the same time. I let go of the break as soon as the lights cut out. Pierre zooms past me as I end up behind him. I'm squished by Lance Stroll and Sebastian Vettel as I try and turn the corner without hitting them. The first corner is a success until the second corner.

I turn but slide as my right tire hasn't warmed up entirely. I knock into Sebastian who is on my right and knock the back of Pierre's tires which results in him being lifted into the air. Because of his spread and how light the car is, his car flips into the side barrier as myself and Sebastian slide into the gravel. I hit the barrier as I see gravel flying around from Max's car.

"Fuck!" I scream as I switch the car off and look to my right to see Pierres car upside down. "Pierre!" I shout as I unstrap myself and just out of the car. Medics run to his car and run towards me but I ignore them as I sprint to Pierres car. I take off my helmet because of its weight as I pull my balaclava off and look at the car. "Pierre!" I shout again as I look at the medics. "Help me flip the car!" I shout. They nod and help me push the car onto its wheels again.

As soon as the car is flipped, I see a lifeless Pierre lying in the car. "No!" I shout as I take off his helmet carefully. His eyes are closing as I shake my head, tears springing to my eyes. "Don't you dare close your eyes!" I shout as I take off his balaclava. His eyes look up at me as he smiles softly at me. "I love you Y/N." he says as I feel warm tears stream down my face. "No! Please don't close your eyes." I beg him as his eyes start fluttering closed. "Sorry miss, you need to move." A medic says as I shake my head.

"Pierre! Please don't go! I can't live without you." I sob as another medic pulls me away as they pull Pierre out of the car. "Come with us ma'am." The medic says but I shake my head. "I can't leave him!" I shout until I feel another hand on my shoulder. "Come on, Y/N." Max's voice is soft as I stare at him. I shake my head as I look back at Pierre to see the medics do CPR on him. "Please." I sob as Max grabs me and pulls me into a tight hug. "We need to go." He says as he pulls me away.

Sebastian is standing by the fence, waiting for us as I cry into Max's suit. "I've killed Pierre." I say to myself as I see Seb shake his head. "You haven't Y/N." Seb says as I cry into his chest as he wraps his arms around me in a tight hug. I don't listen to his words as I sob loudly into his chest, knowing I wouldn't see Pierre again.

-

The race ends with a Mercedes victory as I sit motionless in the hospital room where Pierre was lying attached to many tubes. I look back at Pierre as his chest rises up and down. I feel tears threaten to fall down my cheeks but someone calling my name stops me from crying. I look to my left to see Charles. "Y/N, you need some rest. Come." He says but I shake my head.

"I put him in this situation. I don't deserve to sleep." I say which earns a sigh from Charles. He closes the door behind him as he sits next to me. It's silent for awhile, only the beeping of the heart rate monitor being heard. "There was nothing you could've done." He says but I shake my head. "I could've warmed up my tire properly." I say but I see him shake his head from the corner of my eye. "It wasn't your fault, Y/N."

I'm about to protest and tell him how it really is my fault but the sound of Pierre's voice makes us look at him. I stand up quickly as I step towards him, "Pierre." I say softly as he looks at me. His lips curl into a small smile as he looks at me. "Y/N." he says softly as I let the tears fall down. "I'll go call a doctor." Charles says as he walks out the door to go and call a doctor.

"I'm so sorry." I say as I hug him. "Shh, don't be sorry." He says as his arms weakly wrap around me. "It was all my fault. I almost killed you." I sob as he chuckles softly, "Almost doesn't mean you did." He says as I stare into his blue eyes. "You're not mad?" I question as he shakes his head, "It wasn't your fault, love. You turned around a corner. Your tire failed you." He says as I smile at him. "I love you so much." I say as I place my lips on his. "I love you more." He says as he strokes my hair.

*****

So I watched a video the other day of Pierre speaking French and oh my. How hot is French? I'm sure that if I learn it I'll get all the boys. If you're down to give me French lessons or you know if Pierre is free, hit me up (I'm kidding but if you know Pierre tell him I love him please and thank you).