Christian Lundgaard (1)

forgive
/fəˈɡɪv/
verb
stop feeling angry or resentful towards (someone) for an offence, flaw, or mistake.

Y/N - your name

I feel a shove behind me, almost making me fall over and face plant into the concrete. I look behind me to see a laughing Christian with another racer, who I couldn't seem to identify, making me sigh in irritation. "Y/N, you know this is bullying?" Robert says to me as I look up at my teammate. "I know, but I can't say anything. You know everyone loves Christian." I add as he smiles sympathetically at me.

Christian has been tormenting me since I joined F2. In summary, he just bullies me. He's always saying rude things about me or shoving me around the place. I don't know why, it's not like I've done anything to him or anyone he knows. The only guess I have is that I'm better than him. Maybe his ego can't handle the fact that just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I can't do what a man can do. Periodt.

"Come you two, lets get racing." Mario says as we smile at the panda bear. We get ready, getting into our cars for the spring race. I loved sprint races, enjoying the adrenaline and the fact that I didn't have to stop in the pits. I line up in P4 after a decent qualifying yesterday. "Okay, y/n, lets get this bread." Mario's voice rings through my ears making me laugh. He's such a sweetie pie and tries his hardest to be 'hip' as he calls it. "I will do my very best for you, Panda." I say making him laugh. "Carry on calling me Panda and I'll fire your ass." He jokes making me laugh.

He knows how stressed I get before a race so he always tries to make me laugh which is why I love the man so much. The start of the race is very good as I shoot up into P2. The team doesn't push me to get first, so they keep quiet on the radio, but I try my best to come first for the team. As time passes, I get closer and closer to whoever is in P1. As I get closer, I see that it's Christian.

I groan, knowing he's gonna make this overtake a living nightmare because he's super stubborn and like I said earlier, I don't think he likes the fact that a girl is better than him. On the last lap, I go to make an overtake right as the last lap begins, but Christian jerks just in front of me, making me clip the back of his car. We both go spinning into the gravel until I hit the wall at a high g-force.

I groan as I hear Mario, "Are you okay?" He asks as I start getting out of the car. "All good. Please just go to the stewards." I say before unplugging the radio. The crowed cheers as I get out the car. I limp towards the medic car as I see Christian walking away. "What a prick? Not even saying sorry.' I tell the medic driver as we drive to the pits. "Are you okay?" He asks, ignoring my angry outburst. "Yes." I answer coldly as he gives me a small smile.

"You were limping. Are you sure?" He asks as I look down at my leg. I knew it wasn't anything major so I just nod my head and smile at him. He drops me off at the garage as Mario dashes over to me and hugs me tightly. "Glad you're okay." He says as I rip my helmet and balaclava off. "I'm gonna go talk to Christian." I say coldly as I make my way to the garage that was housing ART for the weekend. "No, no. Don't cause anything damaging." Mario says as he grabs my arm.

"Christian has done enough damage already." I simply say as I make my way to the garage. Mario doesn't even bother stopping me, knowing it's useless. "Lundgaard, have you go anything to say?" I ask once I walk into the garage. He was sitting with the crew, waiting for everyone to return from the track. He sighs and stands up, "Y/N, I'm really sorry. I'm sorry for everything. I've been rude to you from day one." He says as I shake my head at him, "I don't think you can ever be forgiven." I say before storming away from him.

-

I'm seated in my hotel room, watching random shows on TV. I was still a little mad with Christian. Sure, he apologized, but can a simple "I'm sorry" make up for all the shit he has put me through this whole year? No, didn't think so. A knock on the door catches my attention. I stand up and open the door seeing only a gift basket by my feet. I look around seeing no one in sight.

I grab the basket hesitantly and grab the letter before reading it out loud, "I know a simple sorry can't do anything about how I've treated you the whole year, but I hope you know that I can only say I'm sorry. I now realize that treating you like shit because I like you shouldn't have been the way to do it, and I'm sorry. I cost you and myself the race today and it's so selfish that I honestly can't think of anything to do to make up for it. I know I can't go back in time, but I hope this gift basket can show a little bit how sorry I actually am - Christian L." I ready out as I look down at the basket.

It's filled with snacks and creams and even a navy blue box. I grab the box and open it to see a necklace with a butterfly charm at the end of it. I smile slightly as I feel butterflies appear in my stomach. I also kinda have a crush on Christian, but I ignored it because I assumed his behavior was out of hate. I quickly grab the basket and place it inside before rushing outside and towards his hotel room.

Hopefully I was headed to the right room, having only heard a small conversation if which room he was in. I go down to the 2nd floor to room 203 and knock on the door, hoping to god it's actually him. Luckily, Christian opens the door with a shocked expression written all over his face. "Y/N, what are you doing here?" He asks, his cheeks taking on a pink hue. He's dressed in a pair of shorts and a lose red shirt without any shoes or socks on.

"I saw the letter." I say as he bite his lip out of nerves, "And I just wanna say thank you for apologizing." I say as he smiles. "I really am sorry. I felt like such a toss after what I did to you today." He says as he scratches the back of his neck. "It's okay. Emotions always get in the way." I say as he nods. Silence is all we hear for a moment before I let out a nervous sigh before pressing my lips to Christians.

Christian kisses back instantly, not even hesitating, as he holds my waist tightly. The kiss is sweet but there's a hint of neediness within it. His grip is tight on my waist, as is mine around his neck, but the kiss itself is just passionate. Christian is the first to pull away before resting his forehead against mine. "That was..." I trail off making him laugh, "Amazing." He finishes as I can't help but laugh.

"So is everything forgiven?" He asks as I nod, "But the next trophy you win, you gotta share." I joke making him laugh. "Fair enough." He says as I smile up at him. "Thanks for forgiving me." He says as he caresses my cheek. "Of course. Like I say, our emotions sometimes just get the best of us." I say. He doesn't answer me verbally. Instead, he presses his lips to mine for another kiss sealing off the night.

*****

Random but here y'all go. Stay safe lovies xx