(R) Daniel Ricciardo (12)

nervous
/ˈːvəs/
adjective
easily agitated or alarm

Request (summarized): Hey can I please have a Daniel Ricciardo imagine where he meets your mom who cants speak English and he is super nervous.

Y/N - your name

"Daniel, you need to calm down, hun. You're gonna have a nervous breakdown." I tell my boyfriend as I finish off my makeup. "Baby, you just don't understand. How am I meant to bond with your mom?" He asks, pacing around the room. "Daniel, please just sit down. You're making me go mad." I tell him as he sighs like a child before plopping down on the bed. I get up and walk towards him and take a seat next to him.

"Dan, you need to understand that everything is gonna be okay. Yeah, sure, she can't speak English that well, but I don't mind translating for you." I say as I grab his hand and rub it comfortingly. My family is from Israel, meaning they can't speak English very well. My mother can't even speak a proper sentence, which was stressing Daniel out as he was scared that him and my mother could never have a bond like I have with his mother.

I moved to Australia to find a good paying job as a lawyer, which I did luckily. That's how I met Daniel, where I needed to help him with sorting out a contract with McLaren. As they say the rest was history. "But, what happens if she doesn't like me because I can't speak your language?" He asks as I smile. "Babe, whenever I speak about you, she goes absolutely mental. She adores you." I say as he smiles lightly.

"Now come, they will be arriving in a few minutes." I say as we stand up together and walk downstairs. I double check that everything was ready, that the chicken was in the oven and that the table was set. Daniel, once again, paces around but at least he was doing something at the same time.

When the door bell rings, I honestly thought Daniel was gonna pass out. His hands and forehead were sweaty, his breathing fast, as he smiles nervously at me. "Hun, calm down. It's gonna be okay." I say as he nods his head and smiles. I open the door to see my mother and father. They gives me lots of hugs and kisses, pressing them all over my face. "Oh Daniel!" My mother shouts as she engulfs him in a tight hug. With how small my mother was, she was just up to his chest, which was the cutest thing I think I've ever seen.

"Hi ma'am.' He says as she scoffs, "Mama." She says with one word, basically telling Daniel that he can call her mom. "She prefers being called mama." I tell Dan as he nods his head. "Daniel, it's nice to finally see you." My father says as his shakes Daniel's hand. My dad could speak better English, being a doctor and everything he has to be able to speak multiple languages.

"Nice to meet you too, sir." Dan replies as I smile at my family. "Right, mama. Lets go eat." I say to my mother in Hebrew as she nods and walks with me to the kitchen. Daniel seems to catch on as he walks with us to the kitchen along with my dad. We all start a small conversation as we get the food ready. As I expected, my mother and Daniel struggled to hold a conversation, but my dad was always there to clear up anything that wasn't communicated correctly.

Dinner seems to fly by, with lots of chatter between the four of us. My mother was completely invested in Daniel, trying her best to try and talk to Daniel. Dan tried just as hard, using the few Hebrew words I taught him a few days ago so that he could say simple words that I knew my mother, and even my father, would appreciate.

We move from the table to outside by the pool where we continue our conversation. Since my parents don't drink, Daniel made them virgin cocktails which my mother loved, praising him for taking the extra time for them. For hours we talk about absolute nonsense, from my law business to Daniel's racing to my mothers small business back home. We even speak about kids, which makes myself and Daniel both uncomfortable as we didn't want kids, but my parents just wanted to tease us.

My mother and father eventually had to go since they would be flying back to Israel in a few days time and they wanted to do a few "tourist things" as my dad called it. "Thanks ma and dad for visiting." I say to my parents in Hebrew. They smile and hug me back, telling me that they will be visiting more frequently. They say goodbye to Daniel. My dad gives him a quick hug but my mother basically falls into him. "Y/N, you better marry this man." My mother says to me as I chuckle at her.

"Love you guys!" I shout to them as Daniel wraps his arm tightly around my waist. They wave back to myself and Daniel as they drive off. "See, my mother loved you." I say as I look up at him. "Hmm, I guess you were right. What did she say to you at the end there?" He asks as I chuckle. "Well, what do you think it was about?" I ask as I start walking back inside. "Oh come on babe! You only taught me like 4 words. How can I even guess what you guys were talking about?" He asks, following me inside.

I walk to the couch and sit in "my spot" which basically had my butt impression on it. "Well, try and guess." I say with a cheeky smile as Daniel joins me. He sits down and pulls me close to him. I place my head on his chest as he sighs, "Was it about you and I?" He asks as I nod my head. "Okay umm..." he trails off as he looks at the TV which was playing the news from earlier as my dad wanted to watch a little just before leaving.

"That we should get married?" He asks as I chuckle. "Are you sure you can't speak Hebrew?" I question as he laughs loudly, "I'm right? Mann I'm so amazing." He says making me chuckle at my childish boyfriend. "Would you like to get married?" Daniel asks after a few moments of silence. "Definitely one day. Not right now as work is ridiculous and you are traveling a lot, but definitely one day." I say as I look up at him. He nods his head in agreement before pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"I love you. You know that right?" He asks ask I feel him squeeze me tightly. "I definitely know you do. If you didn't, you wouldn't share your food with me." I joke as he chuckles. "I love you too." I continue as I look up at him. He smiles before pressing his lips to mine for a sweet kiss. "Now, bed time I think." I say once pulling away. He nods in agreement, "Cuddles first?" He asks like a kid asking for another biscuit. "Of course." I say as I snuggle further into him as we enjoy our night after a great evening with my parents.

*****

Y'all can I just say, I am so sorry if I got this imagine all wrong. I tried to get some research about Israel and I'm so sorry if I was wrong, especially about speaking Hebrew. Just know, if not, google lied to me. But I still hope y'all enjoyed. Stay safe lovies xx