Charles Leclerc (2)

instinct
adjective
/ɪnˈstɪŋ(k)t/
imbued or filled with (a quality, especially a desirable one).

Y/N - your name

I toss and turn from my right side, to my left and finally I lay down on my back with a big huff. I grab my phone to see that it is 2 in the morning. I let out a load groan as I lay down on my stomach. "Why the fuck can't I sleep?" I question to myself as I lay in silence. I lay back down on my back as I stare at the ceiling.

That's when it hits me. I sit straight up in bed as I run to my closet and put on a hoodie over my sports bra and pajama shorts that has cartoon cows on them. I slip on my shark slippers as I put my hair into a quick messy bun. I run downstairs and grab my keys that were lying on the kitchen island as I head out the door and straight into my car.

I drive at speed down to my friend Charles apartment. I've known Charles for about 5 years now. We met in F2 as I also race alongside him. Being the only girl in F2 at the time, I felt out of place and received a ton of hate based on my gender. I was close to quitting until Charles came up to me one day and started a random conversation with me.

He ended the conversation with a statement I'll never forget. "You're amazing. Forget what anyone else says. It's all about you and only you. Okay Y/N." I smile at the memory of his words as I take a sharp left turn down his street. I park just outside his apartment as I run into his apartment building. I press the elevator button about 10 time until I hear a cough behind me.

"Sorry miss. The lift isn't working." She said as she gave me a soft smile. I groan as she chuckles at me. "So you're telling me I have to run up 10 flights of stairs?" I asked as she nodded. "Why are you in such a rush?" She asked as I gave her a confident smile. "I'm about to tell someone that I'm madly in love with him." "At 2 in the morning?" She question as her smile grew wide. "I couldn't sleep." I said as she chuckled. "You get get him girl!" She cheered as I gave her a smile and started my journey up 10 flights of stairs.

When myself and Charles just started being friends, I started developing a crush on him. It was difficult not too with the way he treated me. But he then got a girlfriend so I backed off and decided to only expect myself to ever be a friend to him. Ever since then, I pushed my feelings to the side and refused to tell anyone except my best friend, Jenna, about my feelings towards him.

When Charles broke up with his girlfriend, I couldn't stop the feelings from coming back as I was able to spend more time with him. Every time I looked at him, I always thought about how amazing it would be to be in a relationship with him. That's what is keeping me up at this time of night. I knew that if I didn't tell him now, I would never have the guts to tell him.

By the time I reached the 10th floor, I was beyond knackered. I stand at the top of the stairs just behind the 10th floor door with my hands on my hips as I huff and puff as if I'm about to blow a pigs house down. I straighten my back as I open the door to the 10th floor. I lean against the cool wall as I calm my breathing. I look to my right to see an old lazy looking at me funny.

"Sorry ma'am if I woke you." I said as she waved her hand. "Don't worry dear. Why are you running at this time?" She asked as I stood up straight from the wall. "I'm about to tell someone I love him." I said as she gave me a warm smile. "I remember when I was your age. I was madly in love with this man but he was in a relationship. But as soon as he broke up with that tramp, I was right there, telling him how I really feel. Ever since that night..." she pointed into her apartment and kept silent as I heard loud snores coming from her room. "I have dealt with this." She chuckled as I smiled at her.

"Do you think I'm taking a risk?" I asked as she looked at me. "Dear, if you never take risks, how do you know you've lived your life the best possible way?" She said with a smile tugging at her thin lips. Her wrinkled skin smoothened as she looked at me with a serious face. "You go tell him my girl. If he doesn't feel the same, in the end you've lost nothing." She said as I nodded and smiled at her. "Thank you ma'am." With that, I walked to Charles apartment.

I heard her door shut as I stood in front of his door. I look down at my hands as I see them shaking. I let out a shaky sigh as I lift my hand to the door. I then knock three times. After about a minute of silence, I knocked again but louder. I heard a groan from the other side of the door and heard the door unlock. A shirtless and tired Charles opened the door.

I smile at him as he looks at me with concern. "Why are you here at this time in the morning? Is everything alright?" He asked as I nodded and gave him a nervous smile. "I'm sorry Charles but I couldn't sleep because I desperately need to tell you something." I said as he nodded and looked at me, not bothering asking me if it was really that important that I had to wake the poor man up at 2. I take in a breath knowing that this will either be the start of a relationship or an end to our friendship.

"I'm in love with you Charles. I know it might be a shock and totally inappropriate as I have probably ruined our friendship but I just needed to get it off of my chest. I couldn't hold the secret any longer." I said as I looked down. It was silent for what felt like forever until I felt him lift my head up with his finger. I looked into his sleepy eyes as he smiled at me.

"I'm in love with you too Y/N." he said as he leaned in and our lips met. The kiss was full of passion. I didn't want to pull away but my lungs begged for air. I opened my eyes and leaned my forehead against his. "Now come inside already. It's time for a cuddle." He said as he pulled away and outstretched his hand for me. I grabbed it with a smile on my face as I entwined my fingers with his.

As I'm walking inside Charles apartment, I look back at the old lady's apartment to see her standing there with a smile on her lips and a twinkle in her eyes knowing very well she saw herself and her husband in myself and Charles.

*****

This was so cute. I hope y'all enjoyed! Remember to vote for a chapter if you enjoyed. Be wise and sanitize!