Alex Albon (2)

forget
/fəˈɡɛt/
verb
fail to remember.

Y/N - your name

"Are you okay, friend?" My best friend, Isabella, asks as I nod my head yes as I stare at the blue and crystal clear ocean in front of us. "You look out of it. What are you thinking about?" She asked as I shrugged, not wanting to speak about it. "Is it Alex again?" She asked in a soft voice as I sigh and nod my head. "You know, it's been 3 months and still not a single text from him." I said as I rolled my eyes and grabbed my phone, still seeing no notification.

Myself and Isabella have been traveling the world ever since we left high school. We did part time online classes in order to study nursing but more often than not, we were on a plane to some random country. It was a spur of the moment type of thing but neither of us have ever looked back. On our trip to Spain, that was where I met Alex.

I still remember it as if it was yesterday, walking in the crowed streets until someone walked straight into me, making me drop everything in my hands. The stranger said sorry so many times that if I had to take a shot every time he said sorry, I'd be beyond pissed/drunk.

~

"Really man, it's okay. Nothing broke." I said as I looked up into the strangers eyes. His eyes were a deep brown and his smile was wide as he stared into mine. "I'm Alex." He said as he stuck out his large hand. "I'm Y/N." I said shaking his hand with a big smile on my face. "I'm so sorry Y/N. I'm in a rush because I'm late for... a meeting." He said awkwardly as I stared at him, confusion and curiosity evident in my eyes.

"It's alright. Have a good meeting." I said as I started walking away. "Wait, could I have your number?" He asked shyly as I smiled and nodded. We exchanged numbers as he smiled down at me. "I shall see you soon beautiful." He said as his cheeks turned red, clearly embarrassed. I nodded and started walking away, "I'll see you soon Alex Albon."

~

After that meeting, we went straight on a date. He was shocked that I knew who he was but do I live under a rock? The date was sweet as the night ended off with a sweet kiss. The rest of the week was magical as we spent most of our time together but as the week ended, we had to say our goodbyes as I was off to Italy whilst he was off to Belgium.

To say I was sad was an understatement. Yes, a week is fast, but I knew this guy was something special and we had this connection that couldn't go unnoticed. We said goodbye, even though our hearts were telling us to never say goodbye to each other. "Text me." I remember saying as he nodded and kissed my cheek as he started walking off to his plane, "I would never forget to." He said as he walked to his private plane.

"He said he wouldn't forget." I rant to Isabella as she sighs. "He's famous Y/N. They think they are better than everyone else and are so absorbed in their own lives that they forget promises." She said as I nodded, "It's still disappointing you know." I said with a huff as she hugged me from the side. "I know but we are in Australia for Christ sakes! Be happy please. For me at least." She said as I chuckled. "Deal."

"Wanna go play volleyball?" She asked as she pointed to a group of girls playing. "Yeah sure." I said as we made our way to the group. "Hi girls! Would it be okay if we could join?" Isabella asked as the girls nodded. "I'm Ruth!" A girl with jet black hair said as I smiled, "I'm Y/N and this is Isabella." I said as I pointed to Isabella. She gave a shy smile as I smirked, knowing why she wanted us to come and play volleyball with Ruth and her group of friends.

The game was fun, diving and getting the warm sand all over my skin. A bonus was forgetting about Alex. I will forever be disappointed but in the end, you can't stop your life just because of one person. "Y/N, to your right!" Diana, one of the girls there, screamed as I dived and knocked it towards her. I stood up as I looked ahead of me and stopped in my tracks.

Alex was lying on his towel and talking to his racing friends. His smile was wide as he laughed at something George Russell had said. He looked straight at me as his smile faded. "Y/N! Watch out!" Ruth screamed as I turned and ducked as the ball came plummeting my way. "I shat myself." I said as the girls laughed at me. "I'm exhausted. Do you girls want some drinks?" Ruth asked as she nudged Isabella. "We'd love some. Surprise us." Isabella said as Ruth nodded and walked off with the girls which left me alone with Isabella.

"What were you staring at that made you almost lose your head." She chuckled as she walked towards me. I look at her, feeling the blood drain from my body. "Why are you so pale?" She asked as she stepped closer to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. I gulped as I nodded towards Alex, "Alex is here." I said as her eyes opened wide as her mouth fell open. "Oh shit." She said as I smacked myself. "Why! Out of all the countries in the world, we happen to be at the same place as him?" I asked as she chuckled.

"Hey, maybe it's fate?" She questioned as I scoffed. "Please." I said as she looked to where the boys were and tensed up. "Oh no." She said as I looked at her weirdly. "Hey Y/N." I heard Alex say next to me as I turn and look at him. "Alex." I said as Isabella looked from me to Alex and back to me. "Imma go." She said as I gave her a glare. "I don't wanna be involved." She whispered to me as she basically sprint to the bar where Ruth was.

"What are you doing here?" He asked as I scoffed. "I travel remember?" I asked with a hint of sass lacing my voice. "I'm sorry I never messaged you. Life was just super hectic." He said as I laughed out loud. "That's no excuse Alex." I said as he sighed. "I'm really sorry. Please let me take you out to prove to you that I'm not a guy who just plays girls." He said as I shook my head no. "Oh, so you can just lead me on like last time?" I question as he looked down.

"Alex, I know it was just one week but that one week was the best week of my life. I actually thought we could have something in the future but you just proved to me that I was just something to keep you busy for that week." I said as I turned on my heel and made my way to the bar. I felt Alex grab my hand as he turned me around and placed his lips on mine.

I wanted to pull away but I couldn't bring myself to do that. I close my eyes as I wrap my arms around his neck. He pulls away as I stare into his eyes. "Please give me another chance?" He asked as I sighed. "You promise you won't forget this time?" I asked as he chuckled and nodded. "I promise."

*****