(P) Daniel Ricciardo (13)

fever
/ˈfiːvə/
noun
an abnormally high body temperature, usually accompanied by shivering, headache, and in severe instances, delirium

"Can I stay the night?"
"People like me aren't meant to be with people like you?"
"Is that my shirt?"

Y/N - your name

I throw up once again into the toilet, losing the little food I did eat this morning. I wipe my mouth and sit down on the cool tiles, huffing and puffing, exhausted from throwing up the whole morning. My phone starts ringing once again in my bedroom but I can't find the energy to stand up and get my phone. I let it ring out once again, ignoring it until I was sure I could stand up without passing out.

Ever since I was a little girl, whenever I get just a little bit sick, I get ridiculously ill. Why? I have no idea, but no matter what medication I took, I was always man down for roughly 3 days. After picking up the flu from one of my coworkers, I was man down for most of the weekend. Thankfully, I would possibly be feeling better by Wednesday when I would be traveling for my work.

My phone rings again, making me groan. I let it ring out once again as I reach over and flush the toilet. I stand up slowly, feeling a little better, and walk over to my sink and start brushing my teeth. As soon as I'm done, I walk to my bedroom and grab my phone, seeing I had 5 missed calls from Daniel, my boyfriend. I sigh as I'm about to call him back to apologize until I hear a knock on my door.

I decide to answer the door first, not wanting to leave whoever was at my door there for too long. I walk out my room and straight to the door, since I was living in a single story house, and open it to see my boyfriend with a concerned facial expression etched on his face. "Oh my god, thank goodness you're okay." He say as he hugs me tightly. I chuckle before pushing him away, "I'm really sick so don't hug me." I say as he scoffs.

"Fine, fine. I'm just glad you're okay. How come you didn't pick up my calls?" He asks as I blush, "Sorry, I was throwing up." I say as he sighs and nods his head, "Do you want me to come and spend the day?" He asks as I smile. "Aren't you busy today?" I ask as he shakes his head, "Never too busy for you. But, I do have to run some errands. I can come later tonight though." He says making me laugh.

"That sounds like you busy." I tease as he shushes me, "I'll see you tonight, okay?" He asks as I nod my head. "See you. Love you." I say as he blows me a kiss, "Love you too, princes." He says before rushing off to his car to probably get his errands done as soon a possible. I wave him goodbye before getting back inside to try and feel a little better.

I struggle throughout the day, barely able to get any sort of food in my system. I do get a few things done such as getting showered and cleaning up the house just a small bit, not as much as I am still sick and exhausted. Once showered, I dress into one of Daniel's shirts I stole. I didn't bother asking him, knowing this is one of his favorite shirts. It's wrong of me too do, but I'd put it back into his cupboard once I'm free and he's gone traveling after this summer break.

I hear a knock on my door as I walk to the door seeing Daniel on the other side with a packet in hand. "Hey baby- Is that my shirt?" He cuts himself off as I chuckle. "Yeah, sorry I stole it." I admit as he scoffs, "You're a thief!" He shouts dramatically making me laugh, "Well, I'm sick so leave me." I joke as I invite him into my house. He walks in and straight to the kitchen, "So baby, I got us some soup because I'm sure you haven't been eating properly." He says as he starts getting everything ready.

"Thanks babe." I say as I admire him start cooking. He is wearing a plain hoodie, one of his merchandise hoodies, with a pair of white sleeping shorts and high socks with slide on's. His hair was lightly gelled back, from today's previous errands, and his eyes a little sleepy. "Stop drooling over me. I know you love me but stop." He jokes making me giggle out of embarrassment.

"What soup you making?" I ask as I look at the soup. "Well, for me I'm making tomato soup and for you chicken soup because I know you love chicken." He says making me smile. "You're such a good boyfriend." I say as I lean up on my elbows as he chuckles, "Babes, I know." He says whilst flipping his imaginary hair. It takes a moment for him to finish the soup and so he dishes it up.

We eat in silence at the kitchen island, just enjoying each other's company. It felt good to finally have some form of food in my stomach, already feeling healthier and stronger. "So what time are you planning to go home?" I ask him as I take both of our dishes and place them in the kitchen sink. "Actually, I wanted to ask. Can I stay the night?" He asks as I smile sympathetically at him, "Baby, I don't wanna get you sick." I say as he scoffs, "Please, I just wanna look after you." He says as I smile wide at him, showing my teeth.

"People like me aren't meant to be with people like you." I say as he frowns, "Why?" He asks as I chuckle, "Because I would've left your ass not to get sick." I joke making him laugh. "You might be sick, but i will beat your ass." He jokes with a wink. "Be honest, how tired are you?" He continues as I blush, "Very." I say as he nods and storm off to my room.

He emerges with my duvet and two pillows before throwing them on the couch. "We are sleeping on the couch tonight. Don't question it.' He says making me raise my eyebrows. "Don't question it!" He shouts, pointing a finger at me, just as I'm about to ask him why. I shrug and follow him to the couch. "I just want a different scenery and I wanna watch TV." He says as I nod, understanding as I didn't have a TV in my room.

We both get comfy on the couch, cuddling up under the blanket. I didn't want to get Daniel sick, but he didn't seem to care as he just pulls me closer to him. Daniel puts on a random show on Netflix, something I wasn't into as he knew I would be falling asleep pretty quickly.

"I love you." I mumble as I feel my eyes starting to become heavy. "I love you too. That's why I came over." He says as I feel him press a kiss to my forehead. I sigh in content before closing my eyes shut and falling asleep on his chest, falling asleep to the calm beat of his heart.

*****

That ending <<< but anyway. Stay safe lovies xx