Dan Ticktum (1)

period
/ˈpɪərɪəd/
noun
a flow of blood and other material from the lining of the uterus, occurring in non-pregnant women at intervals of about 28 days between puberty and the menopause and typically lasting for a few days

Y/N - your name

I wake up with a sharp pain to my stomach and my back, making me groan in agony. "Fuck sakes." I say to myself as I step out of bed and notice the large blood stain on my sheets and my favorite pajama shorts. "And today is meant to be a good day." I continue to mumble, still half asleep, as I pull my sheets off my bed. I first step into the bathroom and change out of my stained panties and shorts and slip into new panties and shorts after putting a pad on.

I grab everything, including my sheets, and shove it into the washing machine downstairs. I get the washing machine going before walking straight to the medicine cabinet and grabbing pain medication. I take two pills so that my pain would subside a little bit before walking back upstairs and grabbing my phone.

I frown when I see a message from Dan, reminding me of the date we are going on this evening. It was my first date with Dan, meeting him at the Silverstone Race a few days ago. We instantly clicked and made it our mission to go on a date before he had to go traveling once again. I groan in pain as I grab my stomach, waiting for it to subside.

I press on Dan's contact, phoning him rather than texting him knowing he wouldn't always answer his texts. "Hey Y/N! How did you sleep?" He asks, out of breath probably from training. "Not that great actually. That's why I'm calling." I manage to get out before a groan escapes my lips. "Is everything okay?" He asks, concern lacing his voice.

"No. I started my period and I unfortunately have to cancel our date. I can maybe go out with you tomorrow but I can't today. I'm always man down on the first day of my period." I say, a small chuckle leaving my lips at the very end. I was a little nervous for his response, hoping he wouldn't get mad like my ex used too. "Oh hun, I'm so sorry. I hope you feel better. I definitely don't mind waiting for tomorrow, thanks for letting me know." He says, his voice calm and filled with kindness.

"Thank you for understanding." I say, feeling butterflies enter my stomach. "Of course! My mom also used to suffer with bad cramps. She probably took enough medication to kill a baby elephant it was that bad so I can only assume it's really bad." He says as I nod and a small laugh escapes my lips at his comment, "Yeah, it's bad. But anyway, I'll let you get back to training. Have a lovely day, Dan." I say as he chuckles. "You could hear I was training, right?" He asks as I chuckle but later regret it as it hurt to laugh, "Yeah, you're breathing very heavily." I say as he chuckles. "Well, I'll try and enjoy training. See you soon, love." He says before ending the call.

I was devastated that I had to cancel the date as I was looking froward to going on a date with an absolute gentleman, but I knew that if I didn't I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as I should. I have always suffered with bad cramps, often having to take the day off of school or having to take so much medication that I should just rather stay at home. It's always been a struggle, but I've had to push through it as per usual.

I relax for majority of the day, crying every few minuets out of sadness or getting angry at the little things as I normally do on my period. I'm sitting in the couch, wrapped in a burrito as my dog plays with his toy on the carpet in front of me. The door bell goes off, making me groan internally as I didn't want to stand up knowing the pain would come back. I reluctantly get up, leaning my blanket on the couch as Simba, my dogs, barks and make my way to the door.

I open it to be faced with a smiling Dan who has a bunch of snacks in his hand. "Dan?" I ask as he nods, "Surprise!" He says as I chuckle. "How did you find where I live?" I ask as I step aside, allowing him to come inside. "I asked Marcus's girlfriend. Perks of having a mate date my girlfriends friend." He says as I chuckle. "But why are you here?" I ask as he places the bunch of snacks on my kitchen counter. "I could hear how much pain you were in so I wanted to make you feel better and thought we could have our first date here. I would've come sooner but I had a meeting.' He says as I can't help but smile.

"That's so sweet of you. Thanks Dan." I say as I engulf him in a tight hug. "So what are we watching- omg look at this cutie!" Dan interrupts himself as he walks straight towards my dog. "His name is Simba." I say as Simba gets up and licks Dan's pants, showing him that he likes Dan. "How cute!" He exclaims as he starts tickling Simba. "You can bring him up on the couch." I say as I sit down on the couch and grab the remote, searching for a movie to watch.

Dan brings Simba and sits down in the couch. I place the blanket over the both of us as we sit and watch the movie in comfortable silence. Halfway through the film, a sharp pain shoots through my lower abdomen as I let out a soft groan. "You okay?" Dan asks as he pulls me closer into the side of him. "Hey, just a bit of pain." I say as I rest my head on his chest. "Can I rub your stomach? I know it's a weird thing to ask but I read that it helps." Dan says, a little nervousness evident in his voice.

"That's actually such a nice thing to offer. I definitely don't mind, anything to stop these cramps." I say as Dan nods, pulling me so that I was resting my back against the front of his chest. Simba moves onto my lap, finding comfort by mine and Dan's legs. Dan moves his hand to rub my stomach softly, barely pressing any pressure on my stomach but enough to make a difference.

Instantly, it feels 100 times better. It finally feels as if I'm not being stabbed in my abdomen constantly. "Does that feel okay?" He asks as I nod my head. "It's actually great.' I say as he chuckles, "My magic hands for massages and other things." He says as he winks, earning him a slap to his arm. "Wow." I say as he laughs loudly. "But thanks Dan. This was so sweet of you." I say as I turn around and look at him.

"I really like you, so I definitely wanna make an impression and plus, you deserve this." He says as I smile at him. I lean forward and press my lips to his, surprising him with our first kiss. He does kiss back, slowly as he caresses my hip and holds me tightly against his body. I pull away and smile at the Brit, "I'm definitely coming back for more movie nights." He says making me laugh. "I'd love that." I say before pressing my lips to his once more to seal an amazing night.

*****

This is so random but I felt like we needed a Dan imagine in this book.