(P) Carlos Sainz (8)

fix
/fɪks/
verb
fasten (something) securely in a particular place or position

"Did you even love me?"

Y/N - your name

I rub my eyes in frustration as an angry Carlos is arguing with me. "Babe, for fuck sakes. That's not what happened!" I exclaim as he scoffs. "Y/N, don't fucking lie to me. I don't need this right now. I just want to focus on my driving but I can't with this bullshit playing on my mind!" His voice bellows as he shoves his phone in my face for what felt like the hundredth time tonight.

On his phone was a picture of me and Fabio Quartararo, hugging before walking into a restaurant. I roll my eyes as I look up at the Spaniard, "How many times must I tell you Carlos? Myself and Fabio are really good friend! Him and I used to take English lessons together back in the day when we were both trying to learn the language." I tell him but my words just seem to go through one ear and out the other. Carlos just didn't want to believe what I was saying because he has already made up his mind.

"Did you even love me?" He asks as I frown. What did he mean by 'did'? "Baby, I love you so much and I always will. Why can't you understand that?" I question, my voice lowering down by a few notches. He looks down, his once shining brown eyes are dull. "Babe..." I trail off as I grab his hand. He shakes his head before pulling away from me, "I just need some time to myself." He says before walking to the door. Before I could even protest, telling him that he can't just leave in the middle of an argument, he is gone.

I let out a loud grown, almost a scream as I sit down on the couch. I grab the remote, switching the tv on attempting to take my mind off what was happening. After about 25 minutes, my phone rings as I look down hoping for it to be Carlos. Instead, Fabio's name pops up. I don't mind, he is always a good person to tell anything too because he gives the best advice. I answer with a simple hello, in French of course as we both can speak the language obviously, but to receive something completely different. "What the fuck did you tell Carlos?" He asks as I frown. "I didn't tell him anything weird. I told him we were just visiting each other as mates." I say as he chuckles. "He doesn't believe either of us." He says as I nod. "But I'm talking to him, but I think you should come fetch him."

Carlos POV

I get into my car, slamming the door closed before I set on a short journey. I didn't know where I was going, but I ended up at Fabio's house in my angry state. I trust Y/N, but I don't trust Fabio because he once said in an interview that she's hot. I love Y/N and I just don't wanna lose her to Fabio who is attractive and ridiculously successful. I get out the car and knock on his door. He answers with a smile, but his smile disappears as he sees my angry face. "What's wrong?" He asks as he steps aside, allowing me inside.

"You're the problem. What's this about you two at the restaurant? There's a picture and it doesn't look good." I say as he closes the door and faces me. "We were just meeting up since we both in France at the same time. Don't worry, nothing happened. I know that she's yours." He says as I scoff, "You sure nothing happened?" I ask as he smiles widely, "Yes mate, I would never do that too you." He says as he walks to the kitchen.

He comes out with a beer. I take it and thank him. I believed what he was saying, but my embarrassment was getting the best of me. Beer after beer, I downed every single one of them. "I just love herrrr." I slur as I look at Fabio. He has his phone to his ear, talking to someone in French. "I just I don't believe you t-two. Not because I don't trust you guyyyss. But, because she deserves better." I say as I start crying. Fabio shakes his head, a small smile on his lips, "Y/N is on her way." He says before I black out.

Your POV

I arrive to see Fabio already standing outside with Carlos. Carlos looks so out of it and I immediately know that he's been drinking. I thank Fabio as I sit Carlos in the car before I start my journey back home. "I'm sorry." Carlos says with a hiccup following after. I chuckle as I smile at him, "It's okay. Just don't drink yourself into a coma again." I say as I grab his hand.

He presses a gentle kiss to my hand before falling asleep. I shake my head at him, but I couldn't help still loving the man no matter how much he stresses me on and off the F1 track.

*****

Idk why I struggled with this imagine. I'm very sorry, but it's kinda cute. Stay safe lovies xx