Daniel Ricciardo (14)

nursery
/ˈːs(ə)ri/
noun
a room in a house for the special use of young children

Y/N - your name

"Hey Wilf!" I exclaim as the young boy runs over to me and hugs me tightly. "Hey teacher y/n." He says shyly making me chuckle. "Hey Michelle. How are you?" I ask his mother as she sighs tiredly. "I am exhausted." She says making me chuckle. "Are you ready for your business trip?" I ask as she nods her head, "Somewhat. At least my brother will be looking after that monster over there." She says as she points over to her son who was playing with some trucks with another boy in the class.

"At least traveling for work gives you a moment away from the kids." I say, even though I wouldn't have a clue as I haven't had a kid, even at the tender age of 29. "Oh shit, I'm running late. Cheers y/n and thanks again for being a great teacher. Wilf was praising you last night once again." She says making me chuckle and blush at the same time. "Enjoy your trip." I say as I wave her goodbye.

"Okay kiddos, who's ready to learn about history today?" I ask as all of them groan. "Please not history!" One kid shouts at the back making me laugh. "Actually, this history is interesting." I say as I walk towards the mat where all of them were sitting, and sit down as they all giggle at me. "How can history be interesting?" Wilf says as I smile widely. "Well, how many of you guys like dinosaurs?" I ask as almost all of the kids hands shoot up.

"Obviously dinosaurs aren't around anymore, right? So that's already history." I say as he nods his head, "Okay, I guess you're right." He says causing me to chuckle at him. "So, Emma, what's your favorite dinosaur?" I ask one of the girls in the glass as she blushes shyly. "I don't know any." She says as I smile at her, "No problem, hun! But you know what, I can help with that." I say as I stand up.

The kids already start cheering, knowing I brought them something from home. I loved giving these kids something, knowing that many of them come from neglected homes, etcetera. "Who like cookies?" I ask as they all scream, saying they love cookies. "So, how about we look at some dinosaur cookies?" I ask as they all gasp. I hand them out a cookie each, all different dinosaurs, which can be used to teach them and also eat nice food at the same time.

"Wilf, do you know what dinosaur you have?" I ask once I've handed everyone a cookie. "A t-Rex." He says as I nod in approval, "Very good. Emma, do you think you have a T-Rex?" I ask as she nods her head, "Good! Do you like that dinosaur or someone else's?" I ask as everyone shows Emma their cookies. "I like George's." she says as George blushes. I could sense that she likes George and that he likes her, but they kids so I ignore it, "George, what dinosaur do you have?" I ask as he chuckles.

"I think it's a stegosaurus." He says as I nod, "Well done. I'm guessing you like dinosaurs?" I ask as he nods, "I love them. I want to study them one day!" He shouts as I smile. "See, history can be fun." I say as I send them a wink. "Okay guys enjoy your cookies and then we gonna get started on some maths." I say making them all groan, "Yeah, yeah, I hate maths too but we have to do it." I say as they all giggle at me.

-

The day passes by pretty quickly, filled with fun and hard times as per usual. At least no one got sick today, which was a bonus for the kids and for me as I cannot stand the smell and always have to bring in another teacher to help me. "Bye Emma!" I wave Emma goodbye as I wait outside with the kids so that they are looked after until they are with their parents. "Bye teacher y/n. Thank you for the cookie!" She shouts as her parents smile over at me.

"Miss y/s, I just wanna say thanks for being a great teacher. Emma loves you and I found that she's more open after having you this year." Emma's mom quickly says as Emma looks up at me lovingly. "I just try my best. Emma has so much potential and I'm glad she's starting to show it." I say as I pinch her cheeks making her giggle loudly. "Bye!" We say together as I wave them off.

Parent after parent, each child goes with either a hug for me or just a simple goodbye. I look over at Wilf (who was the last person left) who has a big smile on his face. "So I hear your uncle is picking you up?" I ask him as I sit next to him. "Yes! I'm so excited to see him again." He says as I smile at him. "How come you don't see him?" I ask, hoping that it's not a bad reason.

"He drives as a job. One of those really fast cars." He says as I raise my eyebrows, "That's really cool. How fast?" I ask. "Like really fast! It's goes vroom!" He shouts as he shows me with his arm how fast they go. "Damn, that's very fast! Would you ever do what your uncle does?" I ask as he shakes his head no, "I think it's a little too fast for me." He admits as I nod in agreement, "I agree. I'll stick to 80km/h." I joke as he chuckles.

"Is he normally late?" I ask, becoming concerned that he won't come. "I don't know. He never picks me up." He admits as I sigh and nod. We wait for another 10 minutes until I look down at Wilf who's excitement has dropped just a small bit. "Do you know his number?" I ask as he nods his head, "Mommy taught me it for an emergency." He says as I nod, "That's good of your mom. Can I maybe have it to call him?" I ask as he shakes his head no, "I'm not allowed too because he is famous." He answers as I sigh.

We wait a few more minutes until Wilf lets out a tired sigh, "Are you sure I can't call him?" I ask as he shrugs, "His number is ..." he says as I nod, typing the number into my phone once he has read it out. I place the phone to my ear as it rings out. "Hi, this is Daniel Ricciardo. Leave a message after the beep." I hear as I sigh. "Hi, my name is y/n and I have your nephew here at school. I was told this morning that you will be picking him up. Please let me know when you will be arriving. Safe travel!" I say after the beep and then place my phone down.

We wait another 10 minutes with no one arriving. I keep Wilf company, never leaving his side and constantly talking to him to make him feel better. "Do you know where your uncle lives?" I ask as he nods his head, "I do. Can you maybe take me home?" He asks, his bottom lip quivering. "Of course. Let me just call your uncle one more time." I say as I try again but to no success. "Hi, it's y/n again, I am going to bring your nephew to your house. I will wait with him there until you get back. Thanks." I say as I stand up and offer Wilf my hand, "Lets go home." I say as he nods his head.

I make sure he's comfortable in the backseat once we arrive to my car before I start following what the GPS says after punching in his uncles address. It's not a long drive until we arrive at a really big house. I see a few lights on making my blood boil at the fact that this guy could forget to pick up his nephew. "Is this the house?" I ask Wilf as he nods excitedly.

I stop the car and get out, helping Wilf out along with his bags, before knocking on the door. I wait a few seconds until a man in his early thirties answers the door. At first, he has a massive frown on his face until he sees Wilf. "Oh my god! Wilf, I am so sorry buddy!" He shouts as he grabs Wilf and hugs him tightly. "It's okay uncle Daniel. Teacher y/n helped me." Wilf answers as I smile at the young boy.

"Go inside, ill order us some take outs as a sorry gift. Do you want anything specific?" Daniel asks as Wilf nods, "Just a burger." Wilf answers as Daniel chuckles, "And desert?" He asks as Wilf shakes his head, "Teacher y/n gave us cookies and I kept kind so I'll eat that." He says before rushing inside. "Bye teacher y/n!" He shouts as I wave him goodbye. "Hi, I'm Daniel. I am so sorry about that. I have been drowning in work and completely forgot. I'm such a bad uncle." He says as I chuckle, "It's all good. Glad I could help." I say as he nods.

"Thanks you..." he trails off, "Y/N.' I say as he nods. "Beautiful name for a beautiful girl." He says causing me to laugh, "Don't try flirt with me." I warn with a smile making him laugh, "Just trying to take away how bad I look after forgetting about my own nephew." He says as I shrug, "It's really okay. As long as Wilf is okay." I say as he nods in agreement. "Listen, thanks again. Join myself and Wilf for dinner. I really owe it." He says as I consider his offer.

It was indeed ridiculously late and I would ultimately end up ordering takeouts anyway. And plus, Daniel is very good looking and I get to spend time with Wilf. "Fine." I say with a wide smile as Daniel steps aside, allowing me to step inside his large home, ultimately being the beginning of our long relationship.

*****

Okay, but this was actually so cute. Stay safe lovies xx