Lewis Hamilton (10)

faith
/feɪθ/
noun
complete trust or confidence in someone or something

Y/N - your name

My alarm goes off, causing a groan to leave my lips. It wasn't that I was fast asleep, it was that I was beyond exhausted from not getting any sleep the whole night because of my nerves. I slip out of the thin sheets and make my way to the bathroom after switching the annoying alarm off.

I switch on the light and look at myself in the mirror, giving myself a fright with how bad I look. It's funny how one sleepless night can result in such bad dark circles under your eyes. I sigh and splash some cold water on my face, livening me up just a little bit more.

I dry my face before I hear my phone ringing. I quickly run and answer it to hear Toto's voice on the other side. "Good morning, Y/N. I hope you slept well. Are you ready for today?" He asks as I start grabbing an outfit from my hotel closet. "As ready as I'll ever be. Just a little nervous with the interviews and what the fans might think about me today." I answer truthfully. "Don't worry about it. Lewis is also here for you and I know you know that." He says as I nod, "I know."

"Good! I'll see you in a couple of hours at the garage to get ready for your first ever practice 1 and 2." He says as I chuckle. "See you Toto." I answer before ending the call. I toss my phone onto the bed before hopping into the shower. I wash my body only, not bothering with my hair knowing it will get so dirty in that helmet anyway. Once done, I slip on my Mercedes shirt and a pair of black jeans. I slip on some socks, not bothering with shoes right now.

I order some breakfast from downstairs, simple baked oats. I also ordered an energy drink, knowing I'll need it to survive for the day. At least it was just practice today so I could take a short nap between practice one and two. I chill on my phone for a little bit, reading all the nice comments to get my confidence flowing. Sure there were some hate comments, saying I'm sleeping with Toto, basically any male on the team, and that's the only reason I'm in F1, but I ignore it and carry on reading the sweet comments.

"Room service!" A man shouts. I get out of bed and open the door to see Lewis with a wide smile. "Why hello Lewis. I see you have chosen a new career path." I say as he chuckles. "Hey Y/N, I saw this outside so I thought I'd bring it too you." He says as I nod. "Thanks. I didn't here a knock from room service." I say as I step aside. He walks in and places it on my bed. "Wanna chill for a bit?" I ask as he nods. He flings himself into the bed and sighs, "So how are you feeling?" He asks as I take a spoonful of my oats. "I am so nervous." I say once swallowing.

"I know, but I know you're gonna do just great. I've seen you drive, you're amazing." He says causing me to blush. He has honestly been so sweet since my announcement to F1. "Thanks Lew. I just hope this weekend goes to plan. I really just want a top 5 finish." I say truthfully as he scoffs, "Y/N, I'm telling you you're gonna finish top 3." He says as I chuckle. "Thanks for having faith in me." I say. He sends me a wink, "I know what you're capable of." He says as he lays back down.

"Now finish your breakfast and get ready. We don't want to be late." He says as he stares at me. "Sir, yes sir." I answer making him laugh. I quickly finish eating as Lewis watches TV. I leave all the dishes outside the door, like you're meant too, and I start on a simple plait for my hair. Once done, I brush my teeth and wash my face, not bothering to do any makeup before slipping my shoes on.

I quickly grab my racing bag I packed last night and smile at Lewis. "Ready?" He double checks as I nod. He gets up, his bag also with him which I didn't seem to notice before as we make it out of my room. We chat for a little bit before reaching the car. "Wanna drive or must I?" He asks as I shrug, "I don't mind. I say whilst I look at the Mercedes car they gave to us to use this weekend. "I will. You look so tired." He answers as I chuckle. "Thanks. Glad someone noticed." I answer sarcastically making him chuckle.