Arthur Leclerc (5)

host
/həʊst/
noun
a person who receives or entertains other people as guests

Y/N - your name

I look behind me at my family, smiling back at me, as I give them a final wave. "See you at Christmas, baby!" My mother shouts, tears streaming down her rosy cheeks. "Love you guys." I say before turning my back and walking through all the safety things before making my way to the waiting area of the airport.

I pull out my phone and go straight to my photo gallery. I feel tears start to prick my eyes as I scroll through all the pictures I have of my family. As much as they drive me crazy almost every day at every hour, I knew moving across the country all the way to Monaco was gonna be hard on myself and my family. Being a close family, losing a child to the big real world was scary for my parents and it was scary for me as I'd be losing my parents who I've had for my whole life to guide me through things.

The only nice thing about this whole situation is that I am going to a lovely host family, from what I've heard from my parents. Because of my age and the living costs in Monaco, I needed to live with another family otherwise I wouldn't be able to study there. Luckily, we were able to find a family: The Leclerc family. From what I've heard from my family, and my diehard F1 fans, this family is amazing. The two sons are super sweet and the parents are reasonable for what they've seen on social media, but social media can easily be a lie so I wasn't having the highest of hopes.

I was petrified about going to a home that was abusive or a lie, but I was willing to do anything to become a doctor and Monaco was the only place I could ever achieve that. "Flight 4016 boarding in Gate B. Flight 4016 brooding in Gate B." I hear over the intercom as I let out a sigh before standing up. I quickly type a message to my mother before switching my phone onto airplane mode before getting on the flight, kissing the life I used to know goodbye as I look out the window, tears threatening to fall down my cheeks.

~

The flight is terrible like most flights are. The turbulence was nonstop, but the worst of it all was I had the worst people next to me. One blonde haired bitch who couldn't understand what a 'rule' is, and a fat guy who decided that falling asleep on me was a good idea.

I walk out to the waiting area where people wait for their family, friends, and others. I look around for my host family, but I can't find them anywhere. I feel myself starting to panic as I knew no one here. All the sudden, I hear my name being called. I look to my right to see my host family, with a massive welcome sign being held up in the air. I smile as I rush over to them. "Y/N! Its amazing to meet you!" The father exclaims as he engulfs me in a tight hug. I hug the rest of the family as my eyes land on one of the sons. He was just simply perfect, and he looked closer to my age than the other son.

"Right, so lets introduce ourselves." The dad says as we start making our way to the car. "I'm Herve, but just called me H. My beautiful wife is Pascale, but you can call her Pas. And these are my two sons, Charles and Arthur." He says as he points at the sons. Ahh so Arthur is his name. "Nice to meet you guys." I say as they nod. "So Monaco is small, so we are hoping that walking to university is not an issue for you." H says as I nod, "That's perfect. I love my walks." I say as we get to the car.

Luckily, the drive is short. Herve was not lying when he said Monaco is small, yet is also ridiculously busy. When we arrive to the large house, I can't help but adore everything around us. "Beautiful, isn't it." Arthur says as I look over st him as everyone else has walked into the house. "It really is. I love how vibrant it all is." I say with a massive smile on my face. "Welcome, love." He says before taking my bags from me and walking to my bedroom.

~

Lets just say, these last few months have been amazing. I really feel as if I've become apart of their family. University is going very well and I'm making many different friends. The only annoying thing is that Arthur and Charles are always traveling. I did join them once in Monza, but that's all that happened.

These past few months have been hard regarding Arthur and myself. I can't help fall for him every single time I look at him, and it's hard because he's never here. To make matters worse, I don't think he likes me. Sure, he flirts with me here and there, but he never messages me out of the blue. The only time he ever talks to me is when he's back home, which isn't as often as one would imagine.

I get out of my bed and walk downstairs to the kitchen to see just Arthur at the kitchen island, eating avocado on toast. "Morning." I say as I go to the fridge and pull out the milk before grabbing the cereal box and making myself some cereal. "Morning. Did you sleep alright?" He asks as I nod, "And you?" I question as he shrugs, "Kinda. Just been thinking a lot." He says as I take a seat next to him.

"Everything okay?" I question as he sighs, "I think so. I think it's just my nerves getting the better of me." He says as I look over at him to see him playing with his toast, "Nervous about racing?" I question as he shakes his head, "Nah, about other things." He says as I nod my head, getting that he probably doesn't wanna speak about it. "Well, whatever it is, it's gonna be alright. You'll figure out the right thing to do. Just follow your heart." I say as I finish off my breakfast. "Thanks y/n." He says as I start walking away. "No problem, Arthur." I say before going to the bathroom and brushing my teeth and then going to my bedroom.

I get on the bed and just chill for a little, reading a few page of my book until a knock on the door interrupts me. "Come in." I say as Arthur opens the door. "What's up?" I ask as I place my book down beside me. "I figured out what imma do." He states nervously. "Oh, I'm really glad. What's you gonna do?" I ask, kinda confused by his nervous and calculated actions before me.

He walks towards me before offering me his hand, "Come with me." He says as I nod and grab his hand. He takes me for a short walk outside and towards all the boats. We stop by the railing as I look at him, "What's up?" I ask, beyond confused anymore. Without another word, he leans forward and presses his lips to mine. Out of shock, I pull away as I look up at the tall man.

"I'm sorry." I say before turning around and walking away. But only a few steps forward, I stop myself before realizing what actually just happened. I look over my shoulder to see Arthur looking at the water, shaking his head whilst laughing, probably out of embarrassment. I turn on my heels before pulling him towards me and placing my lips on his in a desperate manner.

Unlike me, Arthur doesn't pull away and rather places his hands on my hips and deepens the kiss. I pull away, breathless, as I look up at him with a smile on my lips. "Sorry, I didn't mean to run away." I say as he chuckles, "Its okay. I probably shouldn't have scared you like that." He says as we laugh. "I like you." He says after a moment of silence. "I like you too." I say as I feel him squeeze my waist in a comforting manner.

"How about a proper date? Maybe a day on the yacht?" He asks as I smile. "That sounds perfectly." I say as I wrap my arms around his neck tightly. "A date it is." He says as he leans down and presses his lips to mine for another sweet kiss.

*****