Toto Wolff (5)

guilt
/ɡɪlt/
noun
the fact of having committed a specified or implied offence or crime.

Y/N - your name

Before I start this imagine, I just wanna know, why is the Mercedes crew so hot? That guy on the right next to Toto. Whoever he is, tell him I'm single. Thank you for listening.

I let out an annoyed sigh when I see Bottas finish 8th whilst George finishes 9th. I knew for a fact that Toto wouldn't be happy but not happy at himself and the pit crew performance. Ultimately, they ruined both of their races, especially for George as he was super excited to be able to race for Mercedes and to show his real talent since he couldn't do much with the Williams.

I frown as I see George sit down, disappointed in what has happened, rightly so. I know Toto is also very disappointed and will feel bad for George. The nice thing about this is that it did show George's fighting spirit. From going to P15, he was able to push to P9 in just a few laps of a short track, which is great and I think it shows how good of a driver he really is.

I wait about an hour before I hear the hotel door opening. Toto comes in with a sad smile on his lips. "Hey hubby." I say as I stand up and engulf him into a tight hug. "Hey hun." He says softly in the crook of my neck. "It's unlucky but it's okay." I say as I pull away. Toto nods his head but I know he isn't convinced. "What's wrong?" I ask him, knowing it's not the loss that's got him this sad.

"I feel so guilty." He says causing me to frown. "Guilty? Why guilty?" I ask as he walks to the bed and sits on the edge of it. "I caused a person who deserved a podium and a trophy to come almost dead last and almost out of the points all because of a stupid decision." He says whilst wiping his face with his hands. I smile sympathetically at him as I sit down and grab his hand, "I know it's tough and all but there's no need to feel guilty. It was a great strategy but your pit crew made a mistake and it's normal to make mistakes. We are all human after all." I say making him sigh loudly.

"I know, I know but that poor kid. He is in a team where the car isn't performing well enough for him. Then he gets the perfect opportunity and then I ruin it for him." He says shaking his head and staring at the floor. "It's okay, Toto. It's not the end of his career. Sure, he's mad at you guys but he will definitely be okay with you guys in a few days. He knows mistakes happen and that you guys are all human. In the end, the punctured tire isn't anyone fault. Just bad luck." I say rubbing his shoulder.

"I just wish I could go back in time." He says as he leans his massive head on my shoulder. "But you can't unfortunately. In the end, all you guys can do is learn from this mistake. Nothing else you guys can do and George knows that as well. George is proud of himself, trust me, I know he is. He's just disappointed that the podium was snatched away from him. He's not mad at you after all. I'm sure he's more mad at the pit crew." I say as I wrap my arms around him.

"You really know how to use your words." He says causing me to laugh. "Why thank you." I say with a small giggle. "Let's just go to bed. I don't wanna think about today anymore." Toto says as I nod. He stands up and changes into a pair of underwear and hops into the bed. I switch off the lights and join him in bed. It's silent as we hold each other.

As I'm about to fall asleep, I feel Toto toss and turning. He softly groans making me chuckle, "Stop overthinking. You're not gonna fall asleep like that." I say making him chuckle. "I know but I just hate knowing how heart sore George is going to sleep tonight." He says.

I pull Toto closer to me and press a quick kiss to his lips, "I know it's tough but in the end, what is done is done. George will bounce back tonight. Like I said earlier, this isn't the end of his career and he showed great potential. Trust me, George will be okay. It's gonna be tough for him for now, maybe for a few days but give him a moment for himself and then everything will be good." I say as I trace shapes on his chest.

"I love you so much." He says causing me to chuckle softly. "I love you too." I say and kiss his lips. "You're the only person who can relax me after such a bad night." He says as he wraps his arms around my waist tighter. "It's a gift." I say making him laugh. "Sleep well, hun." He says to me and presses a quick kiss to my forehead. "Sleep well too, hubby. Everything will be okay." I say leaning into him more. Soon, I'm greeted with soft snore making me smile happily and finally drifting to sleep myself.

*****

I don't even wanna speak about that race. When I tell you I was heartbroken. In the end, this doesn't define George's career but he totally deserved that podium. The one time I support Mercedes and then they do this😔 But I'm just happy George got the opportunity and (in my opinion) has cemented his position in Mercedes in the upcoming years. I'm sure Mercedes has a plan and is waiting until maybe Lewis retires or Bottas until they bring in George. Otherwise, despite being disappointed, I'm so proud of George as I'm sure all of us are. Stay safe lovies xx