Max Verstappen (1)

cuddle
/ˈkʌd(ə)l/
verb
cuddling
hold close in one's arms as a way of showing love or affection.

Y/N - your name

I was sat at home, watching random shows that were showing on tv. I sigh, bored out of my mind, wondering what I could do. I grab my phone and scroll through Instagram but that doesn't cure my boredom. "Ugh." I sigh as my dog runs and jumps on my couch. I smile and give her some scratches. I lie down, ready for a nap until my phone pings.

Maximilian
Hey Y/N!
Me
Hey Maxxxx
Maximilian
What you doing?
Me
Nothing! I'm bored out of my mind. Help meeee!
Maximilian
Can I come over?
Me
Please :(
Maximilian
I'm on my way xx

I smile, happy on of my best of friends is coming over. We have been best friends ever since we both met when we both still lived in the Netherlands. We were two peas in a pod and couldn't be separated until he started racing. We didn't see each other as often however he always tried to check up on me whenever he could.

As time passed and the more time I spent with him, I started falling HARD for him. I couldn't help it. He was something special. I tried to forget about him but it's easier said than done. What didn't help the feelings was when he started traveling and I barely saw him. I started craving him more and more and missed him every day of my life. I couldn't get him out of my mind but I didn't dare tell him. He was in a relationship.

It wasn't the smoothest of relationships but I know how much he loves her. I sigh, depressing myself for no reason. After a few minutes, I heard a knock on my door. I smile as Chocolate, my dog, runs to the door. I get up and open the door to see a bloodshot eyed Max. "Max..." I trailed off as I opened my arms. He grabbed my waist and cried softly into my neck.

I pulled away as I ushered him inside and closed the door. He said hello to Chocolate as she jumped up on him, excited and concerned to see him. "Before we start talking, do you want some hot coco?" I asked as he nodded. I gave him a small smile as I walked to the kitchen. He followed as I turned on the kettle. I faced him as I patted on the counter. He sat up on the counter and I joined him, sitting on his left.

"What happened?" I asked as he sighed. He looked away but after knowing him for so long, I knew he was about to burst into tears. "Hey, it's okay." I said as I grabbed his hand and gave it a squeeze. He looked at me, his blue eyes popping against the redness of the white of his eyes. "She cheated on me." He said softly as I looked at him in disbelief. "You're kidding?" I asked, feeling my blood start to boil.

He shook his head no as I got off the counter and stood in between his legs. I wrapped my arms around his waist as I hugged him. "It's gonna be okay. Shhh." I said softly as he started crying again. The kettle stopped boiling as I looked at him. "Go sit down on the couch and choose your favorite movie. I'll be there in a bit okay." I said as he nodded and walked into the living room. I sighed, wondering why she would cheat on Max, out of all people in this world.

I made his hot chocolate just the way he likes it and walked to the TV room. He was sat with Chocolate sitting by his side and looking at different love films. "I think watching love movies isn't gonna help." I say as he softly giggles. I hand him his mug as he thanks me. Chocolate moves to go and sit in her bed whilst I sat next to him. I grabbed his hand as he looked at me and smiled.

I knew he was broken and it would take a long time to heal. I grabbed his mug and placed it on the table, "Hey!" He chuckled as he looked at me, curiosity in his eyes. I sat down on his lap and wrapped my hand around his neck. "I love you Max. What she did to you wasn't fair. Please don't ever think you're not enough. She fucked up, not you. I know it's gonna take a long time to heal but you will heal one day okay. I'll be here every step of the way." I finished as he looked at me.

I gave him a big hug as he returned the hug. "Thank you Y/N." he said softly as I smiled. I pulled away and kiss his cheek like we always do. I sat next to him as I sighed. I grabbed the blanket from the side of the couch and wrapped it around us. He eventually chose a random movie that I knew he wouldn't even be watching.

He pulls me towards him as he moves to lie down. He pulls me towards him so that I'm lying next to him as he wraps me up in his arms. He places his hands on my lower back as he draws shapes. I place my hands on his chest as I feel at home and comfortable with him. We've cuddled before but it's always been a half hearted cuddles because of his girlfriend.

I sigh in content as he kissed my forehead. "Max..." I trail off as he pulls away so he can see me. "Yes?" He questioned as smiled softly at me. "Have you ever been in love before but never told that person?" I asked as he looked at me, curiosity evident in his eyes. I don't know where this came from but I couldn't help wonder if I ever had a shot.

"Where did this question come from?" He asked as he chuckles softly. "I'm not sure. Just curious. We don't really talk that much about our love lives." I said as he nodded. "I'm not sure actually..." he trailed off as I looked at him. "Maybe when I met this girl all the way back in the Netherlands." He said as I nodded, still hopeful that it could be me.

"And you?" He asked as I looked at him and smiled. His hands still drew different shapes on my lower back which gave me goosebumps. "Well same actually. I met this guy in the Netherlands and we rather became friends than went any further..." I trailed off as he looked at me.

"You trying to tell me something dear?" He asked as I giggled. I kept silent, not wanting to speak out of embarrassment. "Well Y/N, I've liked you for the longest time but I just didn't want to ruin our friendship as cliche as that is." He finished as I looked at him, smiling from ear to ear. "Really?" I asked as he chuckled at me. "I hope this answers your question." He said as he leaned in and placed his lips on mine.

I was shocked at first but relaxed as reality hit me. His lips were soft and the kiss was sweet. He pulled me in so we could be even closer as he deepened the kiss. If we didn't need oxygen, I'm sure the kiss would've lasted forever however my lungs begged for air as I was forced to pull away. I looked at him as he smiled at him.

His bloodshot eyes were now shining and back to normal as his blue eyes were burning into mine. "I've been waiting for that for forever Max. Took you long enough." I joked as I smacked his chest lightly as he laughed. "I've been waiting forever to do that Miss Y/S." he said as I rolled my eyes. He pulled me in as we spoke about absolute nonsense until we both drifted off to sleep, finally, in each other's arms.

*****

Hi everyone! This was super cute to write not gonna lie so I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Stay safe safe!