Toto Wolff (14)

angry
/ˈɡri/
adjective
feeling or showing strong annoyance, displeasure, or hostility; full of anger

Y/N - your name

"You ready?" Daren asks as I nod. "I'm more than ready. I can't wait to qualify.' I say as I zip up my McLaren racing suite. "That's the spirit!" He shouts as I smile up at the man. "How's Daniel doing? I haven't had the chance to talk to him today." I say as I do my last minute stretches. "He's all good. Still very ill though. He said he's routing for you at home." He says as I smile.

Daniel picked up a nasty bug during the one week break between the Silverstone race to the Hungarian race. He was completely man down and knew he wouldn't be able to make this weekend, so McLaren called me in. I'm apart of the Mercedes youth team, even at my age of 25. I didn't mind, I enjoy racing in F2 even if there wasn't much money in it. I knew for a fact that if I worked hard enough I'd make it into F1, which has worked out as I'll be joining McLaren in a few years time once Daniel's contract ends.

"Lets get a good result." Darren says as I nod and make my way to the car. I quickly put on all my gear: my balaclava, earphones and my simple racing helmet with my country's flag on it. I get in the car and wait for qualifying 1 to begin. "Hey, Y/N. We have someone special here to talk to you." I hear Darren on the radio as I make my way to the pit after making it into Q2.

"Hey Y/N, it's Toto. I just wanna wish you luck. You're doing fantastic so far. Don't do too well though." I hear my boyfriend as I chuckle. "Thanks Toto, but I'm making no promises.' I say as I hear his deep laugh in return. Myself and Toto started dating a few months ago. Despite our massive age gap, it just worked very well. Yeah sure, I got a lot of haters claiming I am only driving because of him, but I really didn't mind.

Time seems to fly by and I'm finally in Q3. I've already gone on one run, securing P8, but I wanted more. I know I could do better. "Do we still have tires for one more run?" I ask Darren as I pull into the pits. "Yes we do. Lets go and get a top 5." He says as I park in the garage for the team to out new tires on. I make my way out the pits but I'm stuck behind Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen.

I didn't want to be involved with their rivalry and all on track, but if I didn't leave soon, I wouldn't have made this next run. As we are exiting the pit, Lewis slows down almost to a screeching holt. "What the fuck, Darren? Why is Lewis going so slow?" I ask, even though I knew why as he wanted to screw up Max's run. "If the lap takes more than 1:32:00, then we can take it to the stewards." He replies as I sigh in annoyance.

After what feels like eternity, I eventually cross the white line. I am able to start a fast lap until I'm stopped, "Stop, stop. You didn't make the new lap in time." Darren says. I feel my blood start to boil, "What the fuck! I can't understand why Lewis has to be such a cunt!" I exclaim, feeling myself losing control. "I know, Y/N. It's gonna be okay. You'll do just fine in P8. You've got this." Darren replies.

"Thanks." I say even though I was still mad. I could've made it higher, but because of Lewis I couldn't. I park the car and storm off into my drivers room. I take everything off, slipping on my McLaren hoodie and a pair of sweatpants. My phone starts ringing, seeing Daniel contact. "Hey dan." I say as I slip on my shoes. "Congrats! I know it's frustrating but I know you're gonna do so well tomorrow." Dan says as I smile. "Thank you." I say as we continue a small chat.

As soon as I end the call, a knock on my door catches my attention. "Come in." I say as I sit down on the couch. Toto walks in with a small smile. "Hey." He says but I can't help but be mad at him. "What was that out there?" I ask as he sighs. "I'm sorry, it was apart of the strategy and-" "Apart of the strategy? Toto, you ruined my lap completely. You wasted my time and my tires. That was so selfish." I say as he scoffs.

"Selfish? That's just racing." He says as I scoff. "That's not racing, Toto. That's almost cheating." I argue as he sighs before taking a seat next to me. "I don't wanna argue about this. We just have apposing views on it." He says as he tries to wrap his arm around my shoulder. "It's still not right, Toto. I get doing it to get someone out of the zone, but forcing myself and Perez to not cross the line in time is low. I've got interviews." I say as I step up and walk out of the room without another word.

-

I do some small warm ups to get ready before the race. I was still pissed off with Toto, but ultimately my race wasn't over. I was in a better position than most of the grid, so I definitely don't mind. "Lets get ready." Darren says as I nod and start getting ready. I climb into my car and go out onto the grid. We had to change our tires because it was slightly damp.

The formation lap seems to go by very quickly as I move around to warm my tires up. I line up in 8th and pull off once the light has turned red. I move all the at off to the right, having a terrible start so I try to defend the inside line. As I'm about to break, I see Bottas crash into Lando who crashes into Max which leads to one of the biggest accidents I've seen ever in my racing career.

I seem to dodge everything until I'm turned around by Charles Leclerc. "What the fuck was that?" I question as I'm able to pull off. "Is the car okay?" Darren asks as I sigh. "I don't know." I answer back. "Red flag. Line up in the pits and we will see what we can do." He says as I nod even though he can't see me.

I line up in the pits as the team sets on fixing the car. I notice how far I've dropped down the grid. Not stone last but definitely not in P8 anymore. "You're currently in P11. The car is slightly damaged but it should be drivable to an extent. Lets get some much needed points." Darren says as I sigh. "Lando had to retire, didn't he?" I ask as I hear him sigh, "Yup, so let's get some good points for the team."

And good points we did get. I managed to climb the grid up to P4. I almost made P3, but there was just too little laps left. I jump out of the car and hug the team, thanking them for this opportunity. I head into my drivers room, knowing very well that I'd have to go and do interviews soon. A knock on the door catches my attention as I sit on the couch dressed in a McLaren shirt and jeans.

"Yeah?" I ask as the door opens showing Toto. I was still mad at him but his cute smile made me feel 20 times better. His hand is behind his back as he bites his lip. "These are for you. I just wanted to say congratulations and that I'm sorry for yesterday. What we did wasn't great in the end and I'm glad you highlighted it to us. I promise we will never do that again." He says as he hands me a bouquet of flowers.

I accept them and thank him, "I missed you in bed last night. Please come sleep over at my hotel." He adds as he pulls me off of the couch and holds me close to him. "I'd love too. Just gotta finish all my interviews." I say as I rest my head on his chest. "Cant wait. Love you." He says before pressing his lips to mine. "Love you too handsome." I say as I hug him tightly once again.

*****

This was random but I stan it. Also, I wrote this so long ago omg. Stay safe lovies xx