Nyck De Vries (1)

engineer
/ɛndʒɪˈnɪə/
noun
a person who designs, builds, or maintains engines, machines, or structures.

Y/D/N - your dads name

"Y/N! Glad to have you apart of the team!" Ian James says to me as he opens his arms wide, pulling me into a tight hug. "Glad to be apart of the team." I say as I pull away and look at the Formula E car in front of me, a massive smile stretching across my face. "Your father never shuts up about you! I'm surprised you didn't join Jaguar to work alongside your father." Ian says as I shrug, "I prefer Mercedes." I say with a smirk as he chuckles deeply, "Oh, I like you already." He says making me laugh.

"Alright, today isn't that big of a day. We are just going over the car and making sure that everything is in place. You will have to check the downforce and ensure that everything is neat and tidy." Ian says as I nod my head, "On it." I say as he smiles, "Great! Once you're done, then you can go back to the hotel Just let me know when you're done. Just send me a text as you're leaving." He says as I nod my head.

Ian thanks me and then walks to the stats guys, seeing their previous race stats and all that jazz. I make my way to the car, admiring how beautiful the Formula E car really way. "Like my car?" I hear behind me and I turn around to see Nyck de Vries standing with a smirk on his face, "How could I not? Its a really beautiful car." I say as I look from him back to the car.

"It really is. I've never seen you before. I'm Nyck." He says as he outstretches his hand, "I'm Y/N. I'm new." I say as his eyes widen, "Related to Y/D/N? Surprised you didn't join Jaguar." He says making me laugh, "Well, guess I'm full of surprises." I say as I move to the front of the car and lay down on the floor, checking the downforce. "Don't break my car." He says making me chuckle, "I'm trained, don't worry." I say as I measure the distance.

"You know, I'm pretty handy myself. Id love to do this as a job." He says as I look over at him, an eyebrow raised. "Really? You're more than welcome to join me here. Its not that big of a deal as its mainly just measuring." I say as he smiles wide. He joins me on the floor as we measure the downforce. "Can I measure it?" He asks as I nod. He takes the tape measure from me, only for it to snap back and catch his finger, causing him to yelp. "So much for being handy, huh?" I tease him as he frowns at me.

"It slipped." He says as I chuckle, "Looking for excuses?" I continue to tease him as he just looks at me. "You're pretty cocky for someone shorter than me. You're tiny." He says causing me to scoff, "Shut up! I'm average! Its not my fault you're short." I say as he laughs loudly, "Yet I'm a head taller than you? Hun, just admit that you're small." He says causing me to scoff, "Then admit that you're not handy." I say as he shakes his head, "Pft, trust me, I know I'm handy if you catch my drift." He says as he sends me a wink, making me gag. 

"Don't believe me?" He asks as I shake my head, "Never said anything." I say as I send him a cheeky smile. "You're trouble, you know that." He says as I shrug, "And what are you gonna do about it?" I ask as I get up off the floor. "Where are you going?" Nyck asks, "Going to my hotel room. Everything looks great." I say as I continue walking. "Go on a date with me." He says as I stop and turn around to face him.

"Tell me why I should." I say as he scratches the back of his neck, the first time showing he was actually shy and nervous, "I don't know, I just feel like you and I have something." He says making me smile, "You sure know how to charm a lady." I say as I turn around, "Room number 504. I'll see you at 6pm." I say as I leave the room, feeling myself becoming more and more excited as I couldn't wait for later tonight.

-

The elevator door opens as myself and Nyck burst into, yet another fit of giggles and loud laughter, "No ways did that happen!" I shout as Nyck shakes his head, clutching to his stomach, "My stomach hurts." He is barely able to get out as we almost collapse on the floor from laughing too much. "This has been possibly one of the best dates I've been on." I say as we reach my hotel room. "You know Y/N, I have to agree with you there." He says as he looks down at me as I feel my cheeks heat up, "Wow, I'm making you blush." He says, making me blush even more.

I look down until I feel him lift my chin up, "You look cute when you blush. Don't hide it." He says as he looks deep into my eyes. We both lean in, edging closer and closer until our lips meet. We share a very passionate kiss, despite only knowing each other for a few ours. This kiss brought on feelings I haven't felt in ages, making me smile wide as we pull away. "I could do that over and over again." I say as he chuckles, "Then why stop in the first place?" He questions before leaning in again and pressing his lips to mine once again but this time keeping his lips on mine for much longer, just like I wanted.

*****

I know Nyck isn't a F1 driver but he's so cute and smol, so I had to write about him. Sorry for being so quiet. School hasn't been nice and its not even over. I have 5 tests next week, and 4 on a singe day (Spain but the s is silent). Happy I can finally post though! So I hope y'all enjoyed and I hope you guys are doing well. Stay safe loves x