Lance Stroll (3) pt 3

family
/ˈfamɪli,ˈfam(ə)li/
noun
a group of one or more parents and their children living together as a unit.

Y/N - your name

I straighten my light blue dress as I smile at my reflection. It was a simple dress that finished about mid thigh and I wore silver flats, not seeing a good enough reason for me to wear high heels. I bounce my now curled hair and complete the finishing touches to my natural makeup. "Mommy! Please come help me?" I hear Angel shout from her bedroom. "Coming love!" I shout as I stand up and take a quick walk to her bedroom.

She is sat on her bed with tears in her eyes, "I can't tie my shoes." She says softly. I smile at her, "It's okay baby. I also couldn't tie my shoe laces at 3 years old. I don't think most kids can." I say with a slight chuckle. She gives me a soft giggle as I start tying her shoe laces. I look up at her as I see her wiping her eyes. She was just like me, always crying when I'm frustrated with something.

I go to tie her second shoelace but a ping of my phone causes my hands to shake, knowing very well it was Lance telling me he was close to our house. "Is that Lance talking to you, mommy?" Angel questions as I let out a frustrated sigh as I couldn't tie her shoelace. "Mommy, are you nervous?" She questions with a light giggle. I look into her dark eyes and nod my head, "I am." I say as she giggles even louder.

"Well, I like him." She says making me chuckle. I finish tying her second shoelace, after many attempts, just in time for the door bell to ring. "Yay!" She exclaims as she runs down the stairs. I follow behind her as she opens the door for Lance. Lance is stood there with a bouquet of roses in his hands and a single white daisy in the other. "Why hello Angel." He says as Angel hugs his leg. "This is for you." He says as he hands her the white Daisy. She blushes and says a soft thank you to him.

Handsome starts barking making Lance look up and smile at the Corgi, "What's his name?" Lance asks Angel as I watch from afar at the two talk. "Handsome." She says making Lance laugh. "Who named him?" "Mommy." Angel says as she calls Handsome over. Lance gives him a few scratches until he looks up and his eyes connect with mine. I couldn't help but admire him in a smart white shirt and black jeans with some black Nike's. He looked great like always.

He walks inside, Angel and Handsome following, and smiles down at me. He leans in and wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me into a tight hug. "You look beautiful, Y/N." he says in my ear. "Thank you Lance. You don't look too shabby yourself." I say making him chuckle, "Still use that saying?" He says making me smile in awe that he remembered, "Of course." "This is for you." He says as he hands me the roses. "Thank you Lance. You didn't have too." I say as I hear Angel calling me.

"Mommy can we please eat? I'm dying over here." She says making Lance laugh. "I'm also dying of starvation." Lance says making me roll my eyes. "Alright, let me feed my two kids." I say emphasizing the two part. Lance rolls his eyes as Angel runs into the kitchen where a small table was placed in by the window that showed the backyard. I place the roses in a jar and walk to the table.

Angel takes a seat next to Lance leaving me to sit by myself which I didn't mind as I loved seeing Angel and Lance bond. "So what do you?" Angel asks Lance as she takes a mouth full of chicken strips. "I drive really fast cars." He says making her eyes go wide. "I wanna do that one day. Guess what? I drive karts." She says with a massive smile making Lance stare at her wide eyed. "Really?" He asks as he stares at me. "She begged me. She gets it from a special someone." I say referring to him

He smiles kindly at me and then looks back at her, "How about one day I come and watch you?" He asks making her smile from ear to ear. "Please! I can't wait to tell everyone how you drive fast cars." She says making myself and Lance laugh. We enjoy our food until Angel begs Lance to watch cartoons with her. I take all the dishes to the sink and start washing the dishes.

I hear a few giggles from Angel making me glance up at the two cuddled up on the couch with Lance tickling her. My heart melts at the sight as I feel Handsome jump of my leg. "You want some love too?" I question making his tail wag. I finish the last few dishes and pick him up, walking towards the TV room and sit down next to Angel. I place Handsome on my lap as Angel moves her hand and starts tickling him.

I look up into Lances eyes and smile at him. He smiles back and mouths a "Thank you, love" to me making me flush at the name. "Mommy, can we watch a movie or show together?" She asks and then looks at Lance. He nods and stares at me, "Please mommy?" He begs making me roll my eyes. Angel giggles, "Of course. But no action movies." I say as Angel groans. "Fine." She says as she chooses Monster High, no surprise, and we watch together.

After an episode, I hear soft snores to my right. I look down to see Angel cuddled up with Lance as he played with her hair softly. "I think I should put her to sleep." I say as Lance looks at me and nods. "Sure. Can I come with?" He asks making me smile. "Of course you can." I say making him smile from ear to ear. I pick her up and carry her to her room with Lance following me on my tail.

I quickly put her in her pajamas without her waking up once, gets that from Lance 100%, and place her in bed. Handsome climbs up his little steps and lays beside Angel. I step back next to Lance as I stare in awe at my daughter. "She is beautiful just like her mother." Lance whispers in my ear making me look up into his eyes and smile at the young man, "Aren't you a charmer?" I question him making him laugh quietly. I walk over to her and kiss her forehead and switch off her bedside lamp.

Myself and Lance walk downstairs and sit back down on the couch. "I really enjoyed tonight, Y/N." he says as he faces me with a smile playing on his plump lips, "I'm glad. She really likes you." I say making him smile. "I just hate how I missed so much of her life." He says making me sigh, "It's okay. It's what you do now that matters most." I say as he looks at me and nods his head.

It's silent until I stand up, "Wanna watch a movie together? I promise not Monster High." I say as he laughs, "Sure." He says. I nod and walk to my bedroom and grab a blanket for us to lay under. I come back and sit next to him and place the blanket over us, "You can choose a movie." I say as he nods and chooses my all time favorite movie, Grease. "You still remember." I say as I stare up into his brown eyes. "I never forgot anything about you, Y/N." he says.

"Same." I say as I lean my head on his shoulder. He wraps his arm around my shoulder and pulls me close to him. Halfway through the movie, I feel Lance shift. I look up at him to see him already staring at me. Before I could say anything else, his lips met mine in a sweet kiss. His lips felt the exact same as they did 4 years ago, soft on mine and filled with passion.

I move to straddle his waist, knowing just how much he loved that, as his hands rested firmly on my lower back and sometimes moved to give my bum a small squeeze. Lance pulls away with swollen lips as he smiles up at me, "I don't think you understand how much I've missed your lips on mine." He says making me chuckle. "That makes two of us." I say as he kisses my cheek, "Please be mine again?" He asks as I tease him but placing my hand on my chin.

He chuckles and pulls me closer to him, basically hugging him. "Of course." I say as he smiles from ear to ear. "Just.. please don't leave me this time." I say as he smiles at with and caresses my cheek, "I'm not planning too. I want to raise Angel with you and finally have a family with you like we promised each other 3 years ago." He says making my heart melt at his words. I lean in and place my lips back on his as we both smile into the kiss, happy to be with each other after so many years apart.

*****

The end! I hope y'all enjoyed xx btw can we just appreciate Lances poll today. I'm so proud of him. After everything he's been through, he really deserved this boost. Even if he doesn't win tomorrow, it shows his capability and talent. Stay safe everyone xx