Callum Ilott (2)

second
/ˈsɛk(ə)nd/
adjective
constituting number two in a sequence; coming after the first in time or order; 2nd.

Y/N - your name

"And Mick Schumacher has won the F2 championship! Another Schumacher to make history!" I hear the commentators scream causing me to sigh from frustration. It wasn't that I wasn't happy for Mick, but it meant that Callum, my boyfriend, didn't win the championship and I knew just how much this would hurt him. He worked so hard but unfortunately came off second best to Mick who has had an amazing season.

Callum parks his car into the garage and jumps out, a defeated body language showing as his shoulders were slumped and his head held low. He takes off his helmet along with his balaclava and walks away from everyone, despite all the "Congrats" and "You gave it your all" that were handed to him.

He walk past me, eyes not meeting mine making me frown as I feel so bad for him. I get up, following him to his drivers room. He walks into his drivers room, not even bothering closing his door. I follow him inside, closing the door behind me as I watch Callum sit on the couch and holds his head in his hands.

I don't say anything, knowing no matter what I said, it wouldn't take the pain away. I sit next to him, leaning my head on his shoulder showing him that I'm here and ready when he needed to speak. Minutes go by in silence until Callum breaks it. "I'm gutted." He says as he sits up and looks at me. I give him a sympathetic smile, "I know it's shit love, but I know you did your best." I say as I grab his hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"But... I needed to win this so badly, Y/N. I was hoping... I was hoping that maybe if I came first, an F1 team would approach me." He says as he shakes his head and looks past me at the open window. "I know babe, but this isn't the end for you. I know you'll definitely be in F1 soon enough." I say but he shakes his head, "There's no guarantee Y/N. I work my ass off and I can't get a seat." He says as he stands up and starts pacing the room.

"Babe, calm down. It's gonna be okay." I say as I stand up and try to grab his hand, but he pulls away. "Calm down? Y/N, I didn't win the championship. Don't act as if you know what any of this is. You don't know what I'm going through, therefore don't tell me to calm down. You have no right!" He yells at me making me flinch at the sudden burst of anger. I look down, feeling tears well up in my eyes.

Callum says nothing as I feel his eyes burn on the top of my head. "Get out." He says in a low voice. I look up, ready to protest but he shakes his head. "Please no more arguing. I just... I just need to be alone." He says, his eyes becoming glossy as he looks down at me. I nod my head, not bothering to say another word to him in fear he would snap at me again. I walk out of his drivers room, not looking back as I didn't want him to see that he made me cry.

I walk to our hotel, as it was just across the road, and rush into my hotel room. As soon as I close that hotel room door, I burst into tears. As much as I didn't know what Callum was exactly going through, I know that he's devastated. What Callum doesn't realize is that he will get into F1 soon enough, at least by 2022. I mean, look at Mazepin, do they really wanna keep him in the Haas team after everything he has done? Quality over money by far.

I let out a loud sigh, deciding that crying wasn't gonna make me nor Callum happier. I throw myself on the large bed and switch on the TV, knowing that there was gonna be the awards ceremony. I watch Callum receive his second place trophy whilst Mick takes his first place. I smile sadly as I see just how much pain he is in. I watch his small talk with Natalie and the prize giving is over, an end to the F2 season.

I check the time, knowing Callum would be home any minute. But those minutes turn into hours. I look back at the time on my phone seeing that 2 hours has passed. I try ringing his phone again but it goes straight to voicemail. I press on Mick's contact. It rings 3 times until I hear the soft German accent of Mick's, "Y/N? Is everything alright?" He asks. I can hear music playing softly in the background, possibly a small party for him and his team.

"Hey Mick. Sorry to bother you at this time, but do you know where Callum is?" I ask. "Unfortunately I don't. Sorry Y/N. Last I saw him was in his driver room. He was saying how he desperately needed to see you." He says making me frown. "Well, thanks Mick. Oh, and congrats! Proud of you." I say making him chuckle softly. "Thank you, Y/N. Have a lovely night further." He says making me smile.

This boy has a heart of gold and is so sweet. "You too, Mick." I say before ending the call. I let out a frustrated sigh as I get up and put on my coat so I could go searching for Callum. As I'm about to slip on a pair of shoes, the hotel room door bursts open. I look up to see Callum holding a bunch of shopping packets in his hand. "Babe, where were you? You had me worrying so much." I say as I walk towards him.

Callum drops the packets and pulls me into a tight hug. "I'm so sorry about earlier, princess. I shouldn't have snapped at you like that. All you were doing was trying to help me and instead I treated you like shit. I'm so, so sorry." He say softly in my ear. I smile wide, "It's okay, Cal. I understand you're disappointed and all." I say as I slightly pull away as I look up into his blue eyes.

"Thank you." He says as he leans down and presses a quick kiss to my lips. I smile as he pulls away, "So where were you?" I ask as I point at all the packets. "Well, I wanted to make it up to you, so I bought all our favorite snacks and I got you a small gift. This is what took me forever." He says as he pulls out a small box. I gasp, "You're not proposing to me, right?" I ask with an uneasy voice, making him chuckle.

"No, we are too young for that." He says making me laugh. He opens the small box revealing a silver ring covered in small diamonds. "It's a promise ring, so that one day I can replace it with a beautiful diamond ring." He says making me chuckle. "It's beautiful, but you really didn't have to." I say as he slips the ring on my finger. "Well, I wanted too. I wanna marry you one day anyway, so I thought this would be the perfect time to get you this ring. I've wanted to for forever just never found the right time." He says with a shy smile.

"You're such a cutie pie." I say as I step on my tippy toes and press my lips to his. "I love your kisses." He says making me giggle. "So, ready for some much needed snacks, Netflix and some cuddles?" Callum asks me as he lets go of me and picks up the packets. "Oh, you bet I am." I say, pulling him to the bed so we can start our first relaxing night since the beginning of the season.

*****

This took a different turn than what I had intended but I stan for it. Btw, I just wanna say how disappointed I am that Callum didn't make it but Mazepin did. Idk man, Mazepin doesn't look mature enough for the sport to be fair. And plus, we don't even wanna talk about his bullshit the other day. Anyway, whatever happens, happens. No matter what, I refuse to support him. Anyway, hope y'all enjoyed! Stay safe xx